Author Topic: {Your status}  (Read 560 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: {Your status}
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2021, 04:26:55 am »
Heh we can actually confer on that but I don't know if we change it.  That being said, i felt bad about this little assistant producer idea so i analyzed it further... i really think it's not as bad as it sounds. but you can see if you think my analysis is correct:

when does any one person's vote actually make a difference?  Like, in a 6-2 vote anyone choosing to flip can only make it 7-1 or 5-3, no actual change in outcome.  So when can an outcome be changed?  Say theres a f3 with 8 normal jurors.  I found 3 scenarios:

4-4-0. Anyone changing their vote here can change the outcome.  But throwing a half vote into the mix changes the outcome too.  So you are an equal value here.
3-3-2. Here anyone changing onto a three can change the outcome. But throwing a half vote into the mix changes the outcome too.  So you are an equal value here.
4-3-1. Here is the one difference, where someone on the 4 can flip to the 3 to change it, but you couldn't.  However, that's it: if the 4 flips onto the 1 instead, they've created a 3-3-2 where you're the tiebreaker.  If the 1 flips onto the 3 they've created a 4-4-0 where you're the tiebreaker.  And the people on the 3 can't change anything no matter where they go.

And that's actually the extent of the scenarios i can come up with.  Maybe I'm missing something.  But it doesn't seem like a bad spot really, i hope maybe? :)

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2021, 03:52:19 am »
these are the 2 scenarios where a tiebreaker is needed. the last one isn't a scenario because you needed to have someone flip their vote to become a 4-4-0 or 3-3-2

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2021, 10:06:14 pm »
Voting has not yet started, but a 3.5 - 3 - 2 outcome with you casting the deciding vote certainly seems possible at this point.  What do you think?

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2021, 10:01:06 am »
Also 4.5-4 is a possibility

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2021, 12:55:34 am »
exciting! i have not followed along on other's threads to know who's in the running but i will be making a vid akin to the tribe swap beanie draw so if that's the last vote revealed it'd be exciting!