Author Topic: Chapter 14  (Read 305 times)

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Chapter 14
« on: October 01, 2021, 10:07:45 pm »
Chapter 14

So I go between two main states of mind/moods.

Mood number one:

"OMG OMG OMG what have I done? Why did I do that? What on earth was I thinking? MARGOT DIDN'T DESERVE THIS! THEY'RE ALL GOING TO VOTE ME OUT NEXT OR MAYBE EVEN RIGHT NOW AND THEN I'M GOING TO HAVE TO FACE THE PRODUCERS WHO WILL ALL BE LIKE WTFF AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH"

--

Mood number two:

"F the haters! I did what I wanted to do and I feel EMPOWERED! Nothing can stop me. I will make all the friends! I am INVINCIBLE"

--

As you can see, this is quite a bit of emotional whiplash going on.

I think most of all I just had to get out of that situation where I felt like I needed to play my game in the best interests of Margot and Richie. Richie has this way of asserting what he thinks is the best plan in a way where he (probably accidentally) discourages disagreement. Even his response to my vote on Margot is starting off with the assumption that I my feelings of needing to separate my game from his and Margot's are not valid and must have been an idea that someone else put into my head.

Ultimately, effectively "saving" Oracle by doing a move with Suzy was the best way I could think of building connection with Oracle and Suzy, leaving me with options outside of Richie and Margot at the end. If my attempts at building that connection with Oracle and Suzy didn't work, then they didn't work. But if I had just voted with Margot and Richie then to them I'm still part of the Margot/Richie club and there's no reason for them to see me in a different light.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 14
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 08:37:44 am »
How do you feel about Richie's Immunity win? You came so close to winning this challenge! It was crazy to watch unfold.

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 09:31:13 am »
I'm a bit crushed to be honest with you. I was quietly confident in winning that challenge and it sucks to have had it come down to a tiebreaker that could've been anything. If it had been most correct sets identified, then it would have been in my favour, but that's how the game goes, and I'm prepared to give this my best shot and see what I can do here.

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 10:35:28 am »
Well uhh... Suzy and Oracle are both telling me they'll vote Gustave. I don't really believe them, but I also don't know how much they have to lose by just telling me if they're voting me out. It would be a different pattern of lying from Suzy, since she tends to just go silent when she's trying to blindside. And even Oracle usually gives me more sketchy vibes when he's considering voting for me. At this point, if Suzy voted for me I would think "yeah fair enough", but if it were Oracle then I would feel that he is continuing the pattern that Royal had pointed out in his announcement post, and I'm not sure that I would respect him continuing to pretend with me?

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 10:40:25 am »
Yeah, I dunno. I'm having trouble reading Suzy.

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 11:24:27 am »
If I just keep replying to PMs, forcing people to keep telling me that they're voting Gustave, that makes it more likely that they'll actually do it... right?

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2021, 11:43:30 am »
If Oracle is actually intending to vote for me here then his performance is so impressive that I might just give up on being bitter and applaud instead

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2021, 12:58:43 pm »
Also why is Richie helping me??? Is he pretending? Is he just buttering me up so that I don't vote for him at F4 if he's vulnerable?? Is this just jury management???

I was sort of hoping Richie would try to convince other people to vote for me and cause people to thus be uncomfortable with voting for me! Ugh

As much as I give Richie a lot of shit and am still a bit upset that he almost got me out at F10, he's kind of cool. I'll give him that.

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 07:14:27 pm »
Gustave
[close]
What is even going on???

Are they actually crumbling?

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2021, 08:13:46 pm »
Also why is Richie helping me??? Is he pretending? Is he just buttering me up so that I don't vote for him at F4 if he's vulnerable?? Is this just jury management???

I was sort of hoping Richie would try to convince other people to vote for me and cause people to thus be uncomfortable with voting for me! Ugh

As much as I give Richie a lot of shit and am still a bit upset that he almost got me out at F10, he's kind of cool. I'll give him that.
On that note, I am now going through a thought experiment of what happens if Richie indeed decides that he wants me voted out and tries to make that happen.

That is a bit of a scary thought.

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2021, 06:34:42 am »
There's always some amount of uncertainty as to what could have occurred while I was not around. Everything still appears to indicate that Gustave is being voted. However, one niggle is there is some inconsistency between what Gustave and Oracle are telling me.

The last message I got from Gustave was him saying that Oracle was willing to vote Suzy, but Oracle is now telling me that he was honest with Gustave about voting for him.

Again, if this ends in Oracle voting for me that would be really strange, but why is Oracle telling me he was honest with Gustave if he actually told Gustave he would vote Suzy?
The most likely thing is that something happened between Gustave's PM to me and now where Oracle decided to be honest.
Also reasonably likely is that Oracle wasn't as honest as he thought he was with Gustave but is having trouble admitting that to himself/others.
Or Gustave knows that Oracle won't vote Suzy but is trying to push it anyway.

Who knows?

Eh, I have a hard time seeing Oracle continue to PM me like he is if he is voting me out so we should be okay.