Author Topic: Round 9 Discussion  (Read 892 times)

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Round 9 Discussion
« on: September 19, 2021, 04:14:53 pm »
Oops, we were a bit slow to make a new thread this round!

Some great artwork!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 03:09:12 am by Wes Anderson »

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Round 8 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 02:50:59 am »
Is Buckwheat supposed to have a green outline still?

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 03:06:07 am »
Nah but I’ve been on a phone and haven’t been able to update just yet!

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 06:12:40 am »
I feel like so far Oracle/Duke/Madame/Me have been doing alright distancing to the point that no one would put the four of us together as a group, which is Very Good if we want to assert a level of dominance over this game
Thank you for voicing it very much <3

Yeah, I'm not super worried about Suzy winning immunity. I'd prefer if Young Writer didn't, not even because I absolutely want to take him out next round, but because I think him feeling pressure is important to our games. Like it gives us more options in that he might be more willing to vote with us and also gives us an opportunity to maybe flush an idol or something? I just would feel a little more limited if he won immunity here.

Yep yep I agree with that assessment. I think we just keep working with Richie for now and I'll work on trying to make sure he doesn't feel to excluded, while keeping an eye and looking for when a better timing might be for flipping the table.

Aww I feel exactly the same about all of you and I'm really excited to work on strategy with you all for the next couple rounds

Just a couple more rounds Margot? Yes that should inspire confidence you really intend to go farther with me. Rolling my eyes so hard right now.
Margot downfall arc imminent?

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 06:16:44 am »
I don't think Margot even meant it that way, but this is in line with how Oracle has been uncharitably misreading PMs all game.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 06:20:38 am »
Oracle responds well to this cloying adoration, which he also gives, which is why he comes across as inauthentic to some people. But I kind of think that just isn't Margot's style, so interesting that they are in this alliance together.

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 07:51:19 am »
SNOOPY JUST GOT OUT OF JUDGING JAIL AND PETER IS DEAD?!!??!?!?!?!??! SOMEONE GRAB SNOOPY A TISSUE OR SOMETHING.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 08:50:41 am »
I love the irony of Anthony criticizing Suzy's drawing of hands while giving the victory to Margot who didn't even attempt drawing them lol

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 09:02:39 am »
Judges Oracle told us to thank you!

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 09:04:57 am »
I like that Margot is being set up as a challenge beast for.. being good at drawing. Like I don’t see that skill coming back up? She didn’t win Mendl’s or Simon/Dudley. Just the film editing and this.

I guess that’s what happens when you win two in a row? Richie also penciled her in as taking the Fox’s Tail idol.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 09:12:36 am »
Yeah it's extremely ridiculous, but she did win the last one so eh, I get it. I think it's also a lot of wishful thinking on the part of Oracle and Richie too though because it suits them if that's the narrative.

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2021, 09:37:24 am »
I love the irony of Anthony criticizing Suzy's drawing of hands while giving the victory to Margot who didn't even attempt drawing them lol

I do seem to recall saying something like if you can't do it quick do it right, so right would be not at all :P

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2021, 09:40:46 am »
I suppose it's wasn't necessarily quick, though... points to funny

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2021, 11:35:41 am »
Oracle getting so mad at Writer not wanting to pagong is so funny and hypocritical. Writer is a little bit late and a little bit too honest, but for the most part Oracle is thinking the exact same thing as him, he's just sneakier about it and started planning it earlier. And because he has that head start, I do think Oracle will emerge victorious, at least in the short term.

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2021, 11:43:41 am »
:I

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2021, 08:26:10 pm »
Oracle getting so mad at Writer not wanting to pagong is so funny and hypocritical. Writer is a little bit late and a little bit too honest, but for the most part Oracle is thinking the exact same thing as him, he's just sneakier about it and started planning it earlier. And because he has that head start, I do think Oracle will emerge victorious, at least in the short term.
I think this is just Oracle's playstyle; If he doesn't want to work with the player talking then their gametalk is bad.

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2021, 12:13:07 am »
Went through and marked my guess for what final 3 and last boot people are aiming for. There's guaranteed to be several inaccuracies on this, especially so towards the bottom.

Duke: Duke Madame Gustave | Oracle
Herman: Herman Suzy Oracle | Gustave
Gustave: Gustave Duke Herman | Suzy
Madame: Madame Duke Royal | Margot
Margot: Margot Duke Madame | Oracle
Oracle: Oracle Gustave Duke | Suzy
Suzy: Suzy Richie Oracle | Gustave
Richie: Richie Royal Suzy | Writer
Royal: Royal ??? ??? | ???
Writer: Writer Royal Herman | Richie

Duke, Gustave, Oracle, and Suzy are all listed five times and by extension probably safe for the next couple boots.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2021, 04:36:05 am »
woah why is madame getting votes

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2021, 04:41:04 am »
woah why is madame getting votes
My guess is that Suzy said the name in the groupchat of people who asked for an Ivanhoe Item (being the bomb Richie reports being dropped), and people are considering it over voting Writer.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2021, 05:57:10 am »
It may be the correct move for Oracle to target Madame D over Young Writer, but I'm not 100% sure, and the way he's gone about this will create many enemies. It also could result in him losing the advantage he had over Richie and Writer, but that remains to be seen. But if he's able to take out Madame D and then pivot back to Margot, it could put him in a much less vulnerable position moving forward.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2021, 06:40:02 am »
I’m surprised he doesn’t go double agent and leak the vote in case Margot/Madame have idols.

Edit: another thing is that I feel like anyone with an idol needs like a standing conditional idol play in
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 06:55:42 am by Wes Anderson »

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2021, 08:03:32 am »
Wow, Royal gave his stuff to Richie but is voting different from him, which looks like it’ll cause a tie. I thought Madame would go here on the first vote but now I anticipate people leaving Writer on the revote.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2021, 08:10:33 am »
Oracle voting for Madame and Madame not going home is horrible for Oracle.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2021, 08:12:55 am »
It's possible that Royal will change his vote before deadline though and it won't actually tie. That wouldn't surprise me. Some of them like to change at the last minute.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2021, 08:13:17 am »
Although it would be funny if a last-minute change saved Madame earlier in the game and now a last-minute change dooms her.