Author Topic: Round 7 Discussion  (Read 457 times)

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Round 7 Discussion
« on: September 16, 2021, 10:17:18 am »
It's merge time babyy

It was a fun premerge, so very excited to see how this merge plays out. It's a whole new game.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Round 7 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 10:23:16 am »
I’m really happy with so much about how the game is going thus far! I just hope we start seeing some big targets go down soon. It was mostly all smaller targets premerge.

I guess soon it will be nothing but big targets left.

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 10:25:08 am »
(Secretly hoping Herman wins)

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 10:26:06 am »
If the ivanhoe clique take power, will herman become the coveted guy to take to the end?

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 10:27:13 am »
Why can't everyone be at the end :(

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 10:30:08 am »
Herman sticking with the power players in that mutiny round was very boring but huge in terms of winning the trust of the power players. And like, even if you’re a killer, you gotta pick your moment, and maybe that was too early. Not saying Herman is gonna be a killer though, and they might still pick him off early just because. If not he could still become somebody’s goat. But I did like that he was pitching to the group last round (he wanted a vote split with the majority on Margot).

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 10:59:43 am »
As I've said to someone (Peter, perhaps; maybe it wasn't even in game) estimation is the one thing at math I cannot do, this includes time :I

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 12:37:33 pm »
Woo we're back up to date on the home theater.  Sorry for the delay, i've been catching up from being out of town this weekend.

Mr. Henry

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 01:53:15 pm »
so basically, either duke flips or the next ~3 rounds are probably going to be very boring?

you never know though, maybe ivanhoe will fracture.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 01:58:26 pm »
lol, are we expecting a "herman fails to realize he's on the bottom of the ivanhoe clique for an entire month" episode?

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2021, 02:10:15 pm »
Herman’s explanation for not flipping before said it might be different at f9!

Also there is SOME tension in the top Ivanhoe clique… I know Duke and YW both were thinking of joining that resistance. We’ll see… I’m still not sure on the exact intricacies within that core. Suzy is well-placed though.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 03:37:22 pm »
I feel like Madame and I are gonna have to ditch Peter here based on what I'm hearing
So much for peter being the last minority voter standing?

Eli Cash

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2021, 09:43:04 pm »
I don't love how she seems to be giving up on Peter so easily. IMO, Rushmores should be trying to stick together for the first vote or so.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 02:49:42 am »
Next challenge will be a creative challenge with volunteer judges.  Is anyone interested in judging?  Looking for three volunteers.  We'll temporarily turn off your spec view when the challenge launches, so that you won't see which players have submitted which entries.  I'll post all the entries in the challenge thread, where anyone can view them, and then you can PM your rankings to the mods at which point we'll turn your spec view back on.  Thanks for your help!

Rat

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 09:34:14 pm »
Next challenge will be a creative challenge with volunteer judges.  Is anyone interested in judging?  Looking for three volunteers.  We'll temporarily turn off your spec view when the challenge launches, so that you won't see which players have submitted which entries.  I'll post all the entries in the challenge thread, where anyone can view them, and then you can PM your rankings to the mods at which point we'll turn your spec view back on.  Thanks for your help!

am i eligible for judging?

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2021, 09:50:56 pm »
I think that'll work, thanks!  I'll just remove your viewing permissions at challenge start so you should be as unbiased as anyone.

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2021, 12:29:45 am »

SNOOPY CAN

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2021, 02:15:32 am »
I can prolly be a backup if that's allowed

Mr. Henry

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2021, 03:20:54 am »
it's hard for me to imagine seeing an idol opportunity and saying, "oh, no thanks."

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2021, 03:25:49 am »
Inside baseball story is that originally we were going to require you to forfeit your vote to participate (and then allow players to strategize together on who goes for it).  That's why that artifact mentioning forfeiting a vote was still briefly on the form for a couple of players to see.

I really do like that idea.  The fewer players that go for it, the more enticing it is to try, because your odds of grabbing the idol go up.  But the more players who go for it, not only the lower your idol odds, but the more volatile Tribal Council gets as well.  Imagine just 3 players having votes, that's scary, and they'd be so powerful!  But it would be the other players who gave up their votes willingly and let it happen.

I ended up going away from that only because, as fun as it is in theory, it can get so wacky and especially wouldn't sit right as the first vote of the merge imo.  Since only 7/12 went for it even for free, I wonder how many would have gone for it if we left it as it was.  But I think it was the right call to scale back and take out that idea.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2021, 03:29:17 am »
I can prolly be a backup if that's allowed
thanks also, that should be fine since you won't know who's submitting what.  But we'll wait and see if anyone else volunteers since you said youre a backup

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2021, 03:43:49 am »
I really do like that idea.  The fewer players that go for it, the more enticing it is to try, because your odds of grabbing the idol go up.  But the more players who go for it, not only the lower your idol odds, but the more volatile Tribal Council gets as well.  Imagine just 3 players having votes, that's scary, and they'd be so powerful!

I ended up going away from that only because, as fun as it is in theory, it can get so wacky and especially wouldn't sit right as the first vote of the merge imo.

What if the players who didn't go for it got their votes doubled instead; a balance between the two

Mr. Henry

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2021, 06:48:00 am »
2 hours to go and there are only 4 votes in ._.