Author Topic: Round 5 Discussion  (Read 1468 times)

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Round 5 Discussion
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2021, 06:18:08 am »
Lmao at Foxy thinking I edited information about a swap out of that post. I'm pretty sure I was editing out one of bippy's comma usage errors buahahahah

Steve Zissou

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2021, 06:49:31 am »
As I keep reading confessionals I realize more and more how much I fucked that last round up.  I should've just fucking said "Yep lets vote Royal!" and just let it go.  I should've just fucking let it go.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2021, 08:45:06 am »
spicy immunity results

Steve Zissou

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2021, 08:57:21 am »
Hell yeah happy for Foxy!!

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2021, 08:59:46 am »
why did peter mutiny

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2021, 09:01:02 am »
I have no idea. It seems like a horrible move by him. But hey, it's interesting at least.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2021, 09:08:12 am »
[4:05 PM] Peter: because it feels like foxy and max are isolated and will play a game of who am i going to idol??? is it going to be me?? is it going to be max??? am i even going to play it this round?
[4:05 PM] Peter: therefore
[4:06 PM] Peter: im yeeting outta here

This was Peter to me privately if anyone wants any context. And honestly it does kinda make sense, because Foxy has the idol and was planning on targeting Peter.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2021, 09:10:43 am »
[4:05 PM] Peter: because it feels like foxy and max are isolated and will play a game of who am i going to idol??? is it going to be me?? is it going to be max??? am i even going to play it this round?
[4:05 PM] Peter: therefore
[4:06 PM] Peter: im yeeting outta here

This was Peter to me privately if anyone wants any context. And honestly it does kinda make sense, because Foxy has the idol and was planning on targeting Peter.
Wow nice, that does make sense. He probably survives the Ivanhoe vote I think…

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2021, 09:13:30 am »
FAIR and VALID

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2021, 09:14:48 am »
Wait didn’t they have the numbers for a vote split

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2021, 09:17:49 am »
I'm not sure if they even really want to split and alienate Foxy like that, especially knowing that he's probably surviving. But they totally could blindside him with the Mendl's in his pocket which would be a bit delicious.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2021, 09:20:21 am »
But also when they get someone from the other tribe they could probably just boot them, depending on who it is.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2021, 09:31:36 am »
The idea on the timer here is they can talk someone into going, if they don’t want to risk the short straw themselves, or they can plot to send someone over with the Mendl’s. The binoculars confirm the swap is immediately after this tribal so that info is out there. 

Edit: but this is still not a “solve” of the kidnapping because also there’s reason to keep the Mendl’s in hand for the upcoming swap if you know it’s coming.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 06:41:34 am by Wes Anderson »

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2021, 09:33:39 am »
And if your tribe realizes they can send the Mendl’s across then they have to consider the player they receive could have it.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2021, 10:59:35 am »
Oooo Young Writer wants to take out Gustave or Oracle. Very interesting...

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2021, 12:51:28 pm »
ivahoe is such a mess, i cannot follow it whatsoever

Steve Zissou

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2021, 11:37:06 pm »
Steve is good fun). Steve has just sent me a massive wall about wrestling - I think he's enjoying our conversation! It's a lot more off-topic than the one with Margot though.

I'm glad Buckley liked talking to me.  I spent a lot of last week nerding out about pro wrestling and trying to explain why it's good and fun.

Spoiler
I'm sorry about your toddler.  That has to be the worst.  Thankfully my lil one sleeps pretty well (for the most part).

So what do I like about wrestling?  Well the main thing is that when wrestling is good it can really tell an awesome story.  Like for example in AEW (the company who ran the show I watched) there are 2 wrestlers Hangman Adam Page and Kenny Omega.  Here is a twitter thread that sort of loosely explains Hangman vs. Kenny story:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1411638991343042562.html

I am so invested in Hangman and Kenny finally coming to blows.  I actually thought it was going to happen on Sunday but about 6 weeks ago they hardcore changed directions and just sort of stopped the story dead in the tracks which was weird, but whatever.  But in addition to good story telling I'm fascinated by wrestling in general.  It's so cool to me that the whole thing is like "hurt your opponent without actually hurting them."  You watch and you see the great lengths that they go through to really protect each other from getting injured, but then sometimes you have matches where they just go fucking ham on each other and you are like "Oh my God!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJw7AH_1C20

The tall guy in briefs is WALTER and the shorter guy in trunks is Tomohiro Ishii "The Stone Pitbull".  They just chop the fucking shit out of each other.  One chop from Walter would probably make me cry and quit, but Ishii (pronounced E She E) just takes them and then is like "Give me more!"  It's just fascinating.

There is also this guy Tetsuya Naito.  So in Japan wrestlers come up through a dojo system.  When they are in training they are basically just pieces of shit to be beaten at the whim of whatever "real" wrestler they are facing.  Naito joined the dojo at the same time as another wrestler Kazuchika Okada.  In any other time Naito would've been the stand out from his class, but instead he was over shadowed by Okada.  So they both graduate, Okada goes to America to work with Impact Wrestling while training and Naito goes to Mexico to work with a company called CMLL.  They both come back to Japan at roughly the same time, Okada gets a gimmick of a rich playboy, Naito gets a gimmick of the "Stardust Genius" and he's basically a high flying smiling totally fucking generic babyface (good guy).  So for like years Naito, who would've been the top star in any other company is relegated to like the 4th or 5th top guy.  So after some embarrassing attempts to push him as the #1 (which the fans rejected because they wanted Okada and another guy named Tanahashi) he goes back to Mexico.  In Mexico he joins a group called Los Ingobernables.  They are total bad guys and at first he's really annoyed at all the cheating and bullshit they pull, but he sees that it lets them win so he starts to incorporate that into his moves.  He goes back to Japan a TOTALLY different guy.  He's an asshole, he's lazy, he's a coward, he's everything he wasn't before...AND THE FANS FUCKING LOVE HIM.  He represented to the fans that there was more to life than doing what you were told, getting a salary job, working until you die.  So Naito FINALLY beats Okada, gets the title but then quickly loses it back.  Naito enters this tournament called the G1, he wins!  He gets ANOTHER shot at Okada at Wrestlekingdom.  Naitos last 2 years have been about tranquillo, about being calm, not letting your emotions get the best of you.  He hits his finishing move the Destino, but Okada kicks out!  Naito hits another Destino....Okada kicks out.  Naito goes to the top rope and hits the stardust press (a finishing move he has not done since his return), but instead of trying to pin Okada he lets his emotions get the best of him, he goes back to the top, goes for ANOTHER stardust press, but Okada rolls out of the way.  Okada grabs Natio and then hits the Rainmaker (Okadas finishing move) and pins Naito.  It was such an awesome story because it was like "This one time he gets emotional is when he loses.  He forgets everything he's been doing and wants to be the champ."  Sadly when Naito did FINALLY get his chance to be the face of the company COVID hit and he just did fuck all for like 5 months and then lost the first time he defended his titles.  He won them back but I've never been as invested in him as I was during the lead up to his match with Okada.

If you ever have 30 minutes and want to watch a really good video about a woman wrestler named Maki Itoh, give this one a watch.  I wish I had been watching when this storyline was happening.
https://youtu.be/ag7CTgdgy40

I'm sorry for the long message.  My thoughts are I'm good with whoever. I don't really have any bonds one way or the other.  As long as it's not me.  Do you have any plans on who you are voting for?  The names I've heard have been Royal and Madame.
[close]

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2021, 12:29:20 am »
Hoping max leaves promptly so we don't have to deal with his empty confessional anymore.

Steve Zissou

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2021, 12:31:11 am »
Yeah I was sort of interested to see what Max had to say because I really liked Max a lot and then to see an empty confessional was just a bit of a bummer.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2021, 03:03:57 am »
The whole Rushmore tribe is clamoring to get out lol

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2021, 06:17:46 am »
VERY EXCITED to see what happens in both tribal councils. Foxy idoling max?? I mean I would love to see max go but hey this is fine too.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2021, 06:19:40 am »
I don't mutiny.

We all go along with it being Max as the vote.
Me, Margot, and Max all vote Madame.
I idol Max.

I have a better plan.

Fox does this and includes Margot in the plan. Margot then leaks it and gets everyone to secretly vote for Fox. Fox misplays his idol and goes home.

Probably fan fiction but it would be such a satisfying end to his arc. And Fox clearly is not long for this game no matter what. I don't want him to take Madame down with him.

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2021, 06:22:49 am »
SINCE THE FOX HAS MARGOT IN THE PLAN, I IMAGINE MARGOT WILL LIKELY KNOW ABOUT IT. IT COULD WELL BE REALITY SOON ENOUGH.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2021, 06:25:02 am »
I mean there's an immediate tribe swap, and foxy seems to be sort of liked on ivanhoe. Maybe he can flip on his tribe in a swap and get ivanhoe to follow him. But what do I know.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2021, 06:26:14 am »
I think Fox is going to alienate anyone he meets before too long. I don't see him surviving past the early merge. But we'll see I guess.