Author Topic: Tribal Council 2: Camp Ivanhoe  (Read 327 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Tribal Council 2: Camp Ivanhoe
« on: September 06, 2021, 08:35:12 am »
Tribal Council 2

Camp Ivanhoe, welcome to Tribal Council.

(Camp Ivanhoe)

Please answer the following questions before casting your vote:

1. Camp Ivanhoe clearly took the more tactical approach in the challenge, hedging their shots by aiming slightly off target and backloading their bullseye shot for the tiebreaker.  What went wrong?

2. Is there anyone who clearly didn't pull their weight in this challenge?

3. Have there been any developments on the item situation from challenge one?  Do you think there are hidden immunity idols in the game?

4. With the second Tribal Council taking place now, do you think a shuffle could be on the horizon?  What if it's not?  How will the future impact what you do here?

5. Anyone think it could be their head on the chopping block here?  Plead your case.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 04:59:27 am by Wes Anderson »

M. Gustave

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal Council 2
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 08:44:59 am »
nooo, one point?! so close...

1. we did that because some people had shakier internet connections over here. i feel it largely paid off, despite the loss, because if we had aimed directly at the big money spaces and done the same misses, our score would have been even lower. ultimately, we just missed more than the other team did.

2. everyone who participated showed up to shoot, so not imo. i would only be super upset if someone had just not been around to even try a shot.

3. there's been a fair bit of talk i'd say about where the items from the auction ended up. i think it would be an interesting experiment to have a game with minimal power like the earliest seasons of the show, but that seems so far from the norm around here that i can't say i expect it.

4. any time we're about to go to number divisible by 2, 3, or 4, i suspect a swap could happen; we'll be at 18, so this is no exception.

5. i would hope i'm not on the block. i think i've been at least decently active, and i haven't spotted any red flags in chats. if it is me, you all did a great job of keeping me in the dark, so good job.

Oracle

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal Council 2: Camp Ivanhoe
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 09:42:18 am »
1. You can plan all you want and decide to go for things and hope for an ideal. But at the end of the day this challenge had a lot of factors in it. The biggest one was internet connection. If that was off even a hairline of a fracture less, we would have likely won this challenge. It really really sucks to have lost this one because I felt like we had a plan, we discussed it, and in the end it just wasn't enough. We can't be faulted for being strategic in how we approached it though and despite the loss I still feel proud of us as a tribe.

2. Basically what M. Gustave said. Everyone showed up, everyone tried the challenge. It just wasn't our day. That's life. We'll get them next time! Bark bark!

3. People have speculated about what went down with the items in the first challenge. We know thanks to Young Writer what one of the items were. But aside from one, two, three or maybe even more people, the rest of the tribe is in the dark. We attempted to be strategic and gain an edge over the other tribe in that challenge as well, but what's best for the tribe clearly wasn't what was best for the people who felt they needed those items more than tribal immunity.

4. M. Gustave summed it up nicely. No further comments.

5. I hope the tribe sees that I did my best in this challenge and I'm someone who says what I mean and means what I say and that I would be an asset moving forward to them. But without immunity, you have a 1 in 10 shot in being 19th place in Survivor Wes Anderson. That's the cold numbers for you and someone has to go. Could it be me? Sure. But that's just how the game works. There's a 9 in 10 shot it's not me, so I like those odds pretty well!

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 10:02:32 am »
1. I thought we had a great, well-planned strategy which was not fully executed. We lost by 1 second! If I or Kylie had fired a second earlier we win. Thay

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 10:03:07 am »
This stupid phone! Let me try again.

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 10:14:51 am »
1. I thought we had a great, well-planned strategy which was not fully executed. We lost by 1 second! If I or Kylie had fired a second earlier we win. That's...very difficult to accept.

2. I can't complain too much about 100% participation on a holiday weekend.

3. I'm sure some people know where those items are, but I'm not one of those lucky people. I was hoping that we'd make it past Day 2 without people going into business for themselves but here we are. I do believe there is an idol in play. Only 1 though.

4. I'm expecting a merge or shakeup at some point, but it seems early. I have plans for if we stay together, and if there's a mix up I'll make new ones.

5. I definitely feel vulnerable, but I think I am more valuable on the team than some others. This early, vote for who makes the best ally. If you truly feel that isn't me then so be it.

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 09:32:36 pm »
1. We just didn't reach a higher score because the other team was so accurate with their shots. The planning our team did made it much closer than it otherwise would have been.

2. I do think eyes are initially drawn towards the people who missed their shot, myself included, since we could have easily made the difference with a better shot.

3. Young Writer has claimed an item, but apart from that we are in the dark and likely will be until a swap occurs and find out what the other tribe knows.

4. It feels too early for a swap, but who could know for sure?

5. I mean it always could be me. Do I think it is this time? Not particularly.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 08:04:25 am »
Richie, Kylie, Writer, Suzy, Duke, Anthony… Please reply to the Tribal questions if you can.

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2021, 08:15:03 am »
1. I think it was less of what went wrong and more of what the other team did better, we formed a strategy and we didn't lose too much, but it was still enough for the other team to pull ahead

2. I think the other team was just more accurate

3. Paranoia :I; no clue

4. I agree with the above sentiments, it could happen, not sure; if I don't know, then I don't see how would can impact what I do here?

5. I hope not

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 08:30:47 am »

It is now time to read the votes.  If you'd like to play an immunity idol, now would be the time to do so.

Spoiler
Nobody stands up.
[close]

I will now read the votes.

First vote:
Spoiler

Second vote:
Spoiler

Third vote:
Spoiler

That's two votes Kylie, one vote Duke.

Fourth vote:
Spoiler

Fifth vote:
Spoiler

That's four votes Kylie, one vote Duke, five votes remaining.

Sixth vote:
Spoiler

Seventh vote:
Spoiler
...and the second person voted out of Survivor: Wes Anderson,

That's six votes, that's enough.  Kylie, please bring me your torch. I'm sorry, you have been eliminated.

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]