Author Topic: Flea Market?  (Read 1341 times)

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Flea Market?
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2021, 11:42:30 am »
I mean, information travels, and whether through multiple items being played/gifted by the same player, or an admission from the player themself, it would come out, and so would justice. It may not be swift, but the truth of an eventual reveal would be immutable should they not exit the game before telling their tale.

Perhaps someone with a degree in mathematics would be able to figure out some other way to determine who it is quicker though?

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2021, 11:46:33 am »
Math would only tell what items they potentially stole, I believe, so if they didn't want to be narrowed down at all they would just bid a bit over the top price if I'm not mistaken

Richie Tenenbaum

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2021, 01:34:45 pm »
Admittedly I haven't put a great deal of thought to the matter yet, but at first glance I believe the proposed plan to assign each item to an intended recipient is less susceptible to shenanigans.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2021, 09:22:51 pm »
I am going to put 500 into immunity. Makes this nice and simple for me :D

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2021, 10:03:49 pm »
I'm also leaning towards that decision

Suzy Bishop

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2021, 10:25:30 pm »
I'm okay either way! I do feel like I trust you all enough that if we assigned items, I wouldn't think someone would just outbid all of those by 5, or something like that.

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2021, 10:46:41 pm »
Should we have a vote on whether to save or bid minimum? I suppose people could pass if they want if we decide to vote?

Suzy Bishop

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2021, 11:20:09 pm »
There are 6 items and 10 people in the tribe so I'm not sure how we feel about that distribution?
I'm also okay agreeing that no one gets items.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2021, 04:27:50 am »
There are 6 items and 10 people in the tribe so I'm not sure how we feel about that distribution?
I'm also okay agreeing that no one gets items.

I have two thoughts. First, if we do the item distribution, that means seven people will knowingly have items and three will not. If you recall the last item is actually two I believe? So if we can agree who those people are and three people are comfortable not having anything, I think this is reasonable. It also might help us down the road if we get in a tight bind somewhere.

The other thought is that I'm also totally fine if no one goes for anything at all. I feel like luck becomes part of this game inevitably, so even if both tribes decide not to spend any money, a 50/50 shot at being immune vs not is better odds than a challenge we may or may not be good at in the future. Also if none of us go for anything and we lose, it's an even, fair playing field for the vote if push comes to shove.

Again, I'm not sure how everyone is going to feel either way. I think I could agree to both plans so long as we reach consensus.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2021, 04:37:40 am »
To be clear, there are two rings, but they are sold in a set, so there can only be one buyer of that item per tribe, like the other items.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2021, 04:38:12 am »
I've been thinking myself and I figured I'd just put this out there, especially since I won't be around right at deadline. I'm going to bid on the swiss army knife. I'm not exactly comfortable with only the other tribe having items should we enter a swap, even if some get burned at their tribals, they might just end up with consensus votes and keep them all, and if none of us have any, we don't have any idea what their items do, so figured I may as well stake my claim now. Of course if we do assigned bidding, combining that with a bidding limit isn't the worst since a limit of 500 is very inefficient.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2021, 04:42:15 am »
To be clear, there are two rings, but they are sold in a set, so there can only be one buyer of that item per tribe, like the other items.

Ah okay thanks for clearing that up. The way it was phrased it made me think it was two rings per tribe. I get it now, thanks.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2021, 05:02:30 am »
i'm bidding nothing, and am ok with having no items if other people want to get stuff for cheap.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2021, 06:11:09 am »
Okay so now the question becomes, Young Writer is going to bid on the swiss army knife.

Is anyone else planning to bid on anything or are we all agreeing to put the rest of our finances towards immunity?

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2021, 06:13:36 am »
Should we make a separate topic with a poll and vote on the various proposals?

Suzy Bishop

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2021, 06:18:13 am »
I would like to do the minimum bid for binoculars for flavor purposes. But I don’t have to if you all think that’s a bad idea.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2021, 06:26:25 am »
I will minimum bid the schematics and leave the rest for immunity

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2021, 06:35:35 am »
It sounds like we are going to work towards doing minimum bids on items and are fine with doing it publicly.

I had thought not to bid anything, but in hindsight I don't think a minimum bid on the dog flu serum would hurt much if people are okay with me doing that. If not I'm happy to just put entire amount towards immunity.

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2021, 07:00:04 am »
If we're just calling our shots at this point I'll minimum bid on the rings.

Kylie

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2021, 07:09:25 am »
That's five of the items, right?

Kylie

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2021, 07:18:18 am »
Dog flu serum - Asking price $7 - Oracle
Binoculars - Asking price $10 - Suzy
Schematics - Asking price $13 - Richie
Swiss army knife - Asking price $15 - Writer
Heist planning notebook - Asking price $20
Team Zissou rings (set of two) - Asking price $21 - Herman

Would anyone like to bid on the notebook?

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2021, 07:48:34 am »
Do you want the notebook?

Kylie

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2021, 07:53:47 am »
I... think it might be better to not, actually. If the other team worked out a thing similar to ours, where they're only bidding minimum... then I think giving up a single item could be the difference between a coinflip and a win?

But that's just my take on things.

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2021, 08:04:56 am »
Cool. I'm kinda doubtful that it'd happen, but also don't want to take the notebook anyway.

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2021, 08:25:37 am »
Yeah I agree with LyLie having 3 items sold, was okay but this could lead us to losing the challenge :I