Author Topic: Margot's Conspiracy Board  (Read 1954 times)

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Margot's Conspiracy Board
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2021, 08:05:31 am »
I'm hoping that Oracle/Duke/Madame/I

using the good favor we're riding with Gustave/Suzy/Herman

can work with Buckley/Royal to take out Richie/Writer during the next couple rounds

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2021, 05:09:15 pm »
sorry for being so sparse recently specs

this ended up being a very complex merge but I think I'm seeing a plan emerging for me that I will elaborate on tomorrow

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2021, 03:46:34 am »
I also think I might just start transcribing some of my PM chains for spectator pleasure

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2021, 05:26:34 am »
Suzy and Gustave want to start a group chat with me! This seems very good

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2021, 05:43:19 am »
I feel like so far Oracle/Duke/Madame/Me have been doing alright distancing to the point that no one would put the four of us together as a group, which is Very Good if we want to assert a level of dominance over this game

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2021, 08:56:19 am »
awesome

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2021, 12:23:15 pm »
awesome?

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2021, 12:31:01 pm »
i didn't expect to win immunity here!

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2021, 12:32:10 pm »
also I have a curious feeling that I wonder if Richie + Writer were hoping to vote me out this round?

I feel like they would've had trouble but Richie has been trying to set me up for a couple things

probably not worth worrying about

I think a Writer vote here is almost inevitable, we're just arguing over the details

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2021, 12:46:08 pm »
WHY IS HERMAN SO HARD TO ELIMINATE

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2021, 02:08:10 pm »
Plus like you said, how many chances are we going to get to take at Writer? We've gotten kind of lucky with the challenges, but not everything is going to be art or watch movie clips. Like I expect puzzle type stuff to come up and if it does I could see Writer going far.

HEY IM GOOD AT LOGIC PUZZLES TOO

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2021, 02:19:07 pm »
Like, I came into this round not particularly wanting Writer to go because it felt... a little too easy? I mean consensus boots usually only benefit a select few people and in this case it felt like Gustave was just getting what he wanted. But, honestly, it's probably smart to just take out Writer while he's not immune.

I have growing frustrating about Herman remaining in the game. He doesn't seem to want to talk to me, or really anyone else that I'm close to, and I don't understand how he has so much protection.

I can only assume certain people want to drag him to the end of the game as a goat. It is frustrating to me that Herman isn't putting in more effort, it feels like they are depending on the people who want to keep them around either as a shield or someone to make an easier FTC.

I think ultimately it can't last and we will get him out, but I can't let that be a distraction from the fact that it probably is wisest to just take Writer out here.

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2021, 07:37:48 am »
I'm actually hoping Writer plays his idol and takes out gustave here, that would be ideal

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2021, 08:57:19 am »
it's really fucking miserable when i know at least one of these madame votes is going to continue just not talking to me

and not through lack of trying on my end!

herman you are my arch nemesis

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2021, 08:58:33 am »
i'm not even going to be sad if madame goes out here because my position gets worse or anything like that

im gonna be sad because this game is going to be a lot more lonely with only half the former ivanhoes giving me the time of day

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2021, 09:00:05 am »
like the reason pagongs happen on the show is because there isn't as much time to talk 1 on 1 with people

THERE HAS BEEN TIME

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2021, 09:10:34 am »
Who are the players (other than Herman) not talking with you?

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2021, 09:13:56 am »
Herman, Writer, and to a lesser extent Suzy

I think Writer at least has reason to if he suspects I've been wanting him out for some time

Suzy has said she wants to work with me but the amount we have actually talked is very little compared to Gustave/Oracle/Duke

I'm starting to think Oracle might have been one of the Madame voters here... It's kinda one of the only things that makes sense.

I feel like I have to believe Gustave and Duke here

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2021, 09:15:18 am »
Also Oracle doesn't seem to be responding anymore but that's new, I'll give him some time

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2021, 10:17:44 am »
this sucks :/

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2021, 10:34:42 am »
Do you think there's a chance of rocks? Who do you think is most likely to flip?

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2021, 10:40:23 am »
I think Madame is most likely to flip here. I don’t think the Suzy/Herman/Richie/Writer/Oracle coalition comes together to make this happen only to buckle now. Gustave doesn’t want it to go to rocks so if we can convince one of the Madame voters to switch, the flip is decided.

It’s unfortunate but it’s how the game goes sometimes.

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2021, 10:40:39 am »
Cant convince*

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2021, 02:14:19 pm »
Hi Margot. I do feel so so bad about everything that went down this round/continues to happen.

I think I should've talked about my negative feelings instead of pursuing them through this vote. Perhaps that would've avoided such an uncomfortable and awkward conversation.

I heard that you were pushing me to Richie and then again in a group chat between you/Richie/Madame. I was really surprised and genuinely hurt by this because I felt pretty connected to you. I know you may have felt that our relationship was not very deep but to me, you were someone I was super interested in working with. In Trash Island, I'm not sure if you know, but it wasn't so clear cut as everyone wanting Anthony. There was a lot of discussion about whether it was a smart move to just vote you off. I really did not want that and defended voting Anthony. I was really taken aback that you wanted to vote me out since you hadn't shared any concerns you had with me.

Since you were immune this round, it seemed like voting out Madame would make your position more difficult. I don't trust Writer that much but he really doesn't have very many options and it seems unlikely that he would be able to just have a challenge run to the end.

The round started with Writer not wanting to pagong until it seemed like it was him. For some reason he has a lot of ties to Royal and no one really objected to Madame being voted here.

I'm really sorry for everything though and I hate not being honest/transparent with people. I know this may not mean very much to you at all but that's where I'm at.

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2021, 02:14:39 pm »
Hi! Thank you for being honest and ultimately I harbor no ill feelings for someone doing what they thought was best for their game, but I wish you'd come forward with this sooner. I have a lot of feelings and thoughts to unpack here, so bear with me, and please feel free to ask any clarifying questions you have

I will tell you straight up that I have never pushed you this game.

I definitely thought you were more guarded than other players, but I didn't really think that meant our relationship lacked depth. I really appreciated that you gave me a chance to late in the game and wanted to work with me. I'm also no fool, I knew that the Trash Island round was very likely to end in my elimination, and I did my best to forge genuine relationships with you and Gustave in particular because I wanted you not to vote Anthony out of pity for me but because you actually felt like I could be a boon to your games.

I also, like, fully intended to work with both of you this round and was super excited when you started that group with Gustave.

Overall, my feeling is that Richie has been stretching the truth a lot. I know Oracle has been lying too, which sucks because I felt Oracle was one of the most transparent Ivanhoes with me, but apparently a lot of it was lies. I don't really know where to begin here.

Firstly, Richie has been in my ear about being afraid of Gustave and his influence for the past couple rounds, all in the name of avoiding a Writer boot. I went with it because I didn't want to alienate Richie and I knew you and Gustave were close so I often lumped the two of you together when talking about "Gustave's group." However, to be clear, I have never wanted to boot either you or Gustave. I expressly told at least Duke and Madame I was not comfortable with a Gustave boot this round, and I never even brought your name up. In fact, I've never even heard *anyone* bring your name up this game. Literally, everyone seems to like you, and they should! I told Oracle all this to but frankly I'm not sure how honest he is at the moment.

I did play a long with Richie trying to start a wagon on not!Writer, but only to the point where I could be like "hey looks like the majority is gonna be on writer, sorry buddy :/" so as not to alienate him. But even then, I never pushed you as a wagon candidate.

I will say I did push Herman for a good first half of the round. He was the only alternative to Writer in my eyes. Idk what exactly your relationship with Herman is, but I have been increasingly frustrated by his presence in the game. I feel he only interacts with the former Ivanhoes. I have got maybe 3 PMs from him in the past week. I've gotten 5 PMs from him throughout the entire game. It does not seem like he tries or even cares about connecting with me or really anyone that I'm close to and no one has been able to explain why he's such a hard target to push. I kept trying to push Herman to both Oracle and Richie this round, but Oracle kept telling me about how Writer wanted me out (which according to Writer and apparently you is a big fat lie) and Richie kept talking about me how "Herman is too hard to push" and "that we should look to push the people *around* Herman" which I would think implicates you.

Anyway, I was and still am frustrated by Herman, but I was fine with Writer as the backup.

I also just

This is not the first time Richie has done this to me. He kept telling Oracle that I was trying to describe him in a negative light like two rounds ago, and kept trying to tell Madame other things about me, which just feels like he's been setting me up for a long time.

I think I'm out on a tangent at this point, I'm sorry for this long and messy post, I'm not in a very collected state at the moment as people who were friends of mine apparently were not as close to me as I thought. I know Duke is feeling some of the same hurt.

I really do appreciate that you stuck your neck out for me back on Trash Island. Personally, I feel like you should be very wary of both Oracle and Richie. I feel both of them have gone to great lengths to control this vote and I feel manipulated by both. I have a feeling a Madame boot benefits them a lot more than it benefits you, as ultimately I would have sided with you against Richie (albeit I'm realizing now you've both probably been working together for a while). There's a lot of things I still don't understand. I don't understand why Oracle kept trying to push me onto Writer and even lied to me about Writer wanting to target me if Writer wasn't even going to be the vote in the first place. I sort of at least understand why Richie has felt the need to be underhanded, I do in fact view Richie as a big threat, and perhaps my doing so while wanting to still half-work with him was my biggest mistake this game.

anyway I'll end the post here, let me know if I need to clarify anything, and I hope you're having a good night