Author Topic: Tribal Council 14: Society of Crossed Keys  (Read 222 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Tribal Council 14: Society of Crossed Keys
« on: September 30, 2021, 08:34:27 am »
Tribal Council 14

Society of Crossed Keys, welcome to Tribal Council.

1. You all have a habit of voting into ties on even numbered rounds.  Have the sides who tied last time begun breaking down at all?  Would it be in people's interest to tie again?

2. As we saw, Royal was still checking the forum and available to vote.  Do you think it was a mistake for some people here to eliminate him?

3. In a previous challenge, we revealed that this game will have a F3.  Did anyone miss that?  How does that impact your thinking? 

4. We're so close to the end here.  Do relationships still matter, or is it time to make cold calculations of how to set up a winning end game for you?

5. The jaguar shark was a magnificent creature, wasn't it?  Did still being here to lay eyes on it feel like a climactic moment of the game to you?  How did witnessing its exotic and spectacular natural beauty change your outlook on this game and the world at large?

Richie Tenenbaum

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal Council 14: Society of Crossed Keys
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 09:07:43 am »
I'm going to answer these questions right now so I don't miss them altogether again.

1.  I'm not sure a tie is ever the best move for anyone, but it's not impossible by any means.

2.  Hard to say before knowing how the next couple of votes go.  When the end arrives the last few jurors might regret letting that round go through without trying to change anything.

3.  I seent it.  Good to know, I wouldn't want to be getting to this stage of the game and still wondering.

4.  Relationships always matter.

5.  It was certainly climactic for me, since spotting it meant I won immunity!  I love Life Aquatic so I am very happy to build a personal connection with the Jaguar Shark.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 09:27:42 am »
1. tie votes aren't fun for anybody unless you're immune (hi richie). it's hard to say if either side has really broken down at all, though, so we have a chance of yet another one.

2. probably was a mistake for at least a few people, but hard to say exactly who without a crystal ball.

3. it changes planning for the final 4 completely; very good to know when the game will end in advance.

4. relationships are king for me

5. i liked this challenge a lot actually, it was fun and for once i actually did well! sharks are cool creatures, jaguar or otherwise.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 09:58:04 am »
1. You all have a habit of voting into ties on even numbered rounds.  Have the sides who tied last time begun breaking down at all?  Would it be in people's interest to tie again?

I feel like sides is a weird term right now. I guess on some level it could be seen as sides, but some of the tribe has vested interests in different people. On top of that, it's hard to know if Duke quitting and Royal having his trip have affected where people stand anymore. For me personally, Duke leaving had to make me re-evaluate what I was doing in this game since it's really no secret the two of us were close. We drew each other dog pictures for doggod's sake! We do seem to be tie-oriented in the evening rounds. It's not impossible it will happen again here, but that remains to be seen. A lot can happen in 24 hours, as has been demonstrated from round to round.

2. As we saw, Royal was still checking the forum and available to vote.  Do you think it was a mistake for some people here to eliminate him?

I think that some people had more vested interest in keeping Royal around than others. However, after the public announcement, some of those protections sort of wore off and suddenly I had 5 people telling me that's what they wanted to do. It depends on what the angle is for wanting to keep him. Some people probably beat him easily, whereas others do not. So I think objectively he was somewhere in the middle of this tribe, so if people were looking to go to the end with him because they could beat him, then voting him out last round is a potentially game losing move for those people. However, if those people also were taking a gander at some of the other eye candy on this tribe they might have shifted priority where they felt they didn't necessarily need Royal to proceed any further. Either way, what happened, happened, and it's hard to dwell on the past because those who make FTC still have ruff-ly 5-6 days (depending on theoretical ties) have to put their best paw forward and just ask "what's next"? You can't change who has been eliminated (please don't reveal a f6 or f5 redemption twist), but you can change what happens next. The story isn't over until a final set of votes are revealed.

3. In a previous challenge, we revealed that this game will have a F3.  Did anyone miss that?  How does that impact your thinking?

I'm so tired that I don't actually recall this information, but I'm sure you did. I'll raise my hand because I can sometimes miss important things like that when they are buried along with other bits of information to pay attention to. Paying attention is hard. I get easily distracted by squirrels. I guess I should probably give it some thought now that you've made it very clear. It also means that 4 people could form majority in this vote and ride it to that final 4 (immunity aside) which is always something that is a bit nerve wracking. It has to impact your thinking or-

or-

Squirrel!!!

Runs off and chases it a bit before coming back. What was I saying?

4. We're so close to the end here.  Do relationships still matter, or is it time to make cold calculations of how to set up a winning end game for you?

I mean relationships should always matter? I'm not going to go tell someone to fuck off blatantly. However, you also have to take cold calculations into consideration when you get to this point in the game. I can't make everyone happy all the time and so you have to make a plan, stick to your guns, and hope it's the right one. But that's not to say I hate anyone or wish them ill will, these are genuinely a nice bunch of blokes and we had our first unanimous vote last round, which means it is actually possible for us to form and keep those relationships beyond this round. At least, that's what I have to hope, given I was called out for bad people & jury management publicly last round and literally everyone and their dog is going to see it. Not exactly what you want to hear, but that's how the dog biscuit crumbles sometimes. Dog shit happens.

5. The jaguar shark was a magnificent creature, wasn't it?  Did still being here to lay eyes on it feel like a climactic moment of the game to you?  How did witnessing its exotic and spectacular natural beauty change your outlook on this game and the world at large?

I dove into the water to bark and chase after it and no one ever heard from me again.

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 10:57:55 am »
Apologies all. I’ll be more available in 30-60 minutes

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2021, 06:58:02 pm »

I don't appreciate you judging my habits like that Weso!

As for sides, I like to think of this game as more of an oval honestly.

I don't know, what do you think?

Are you saying I miss things because I'm old? Is that it? My thinking is perfectly fine, thank you very much!

I prefer to think of them more as... financially beneficial arrangements.

It was okay.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 08:30:52 am »
It is now time to read the votes.  If you'd like to play an item, now would be the time to do so.
Spoiler
Nobody stands up.
[close]

I will now read the votes.

First vote:
Spoiler

Margot Tenenbaum

Second vote:
Spoiler

Oracle

Third vote:
Spoiler

Margot Tenenbaum

Fourth vote:
Spoiler

Oracle

That's two votes Margot, two votes Oracle.

Fifth vote:
Spoiler

Margot Tenenbaum

Sixth vote:
Spoiler

Margot Tenenbaum

Margot, you have been eliminated.  However, you will now join us at American Empirical Pictures as a Producer, and help decide the winner of this game.

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]