Author Topic: Tribal Council 11: Society of Crossed Keys  (Read 228 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Tribal Council 11: Society of Crossed Keys
« on: September 23, 2021, 08:32:23 am »
Tribal Council 11

Society of Crossed Keys, welcome to Tribal Council.

1. Three players are immune today.  How much more difficult does that make this Tribal?

2. Do you think you picked the right challenge assignment for you?

3. Last round had a tie vote that nearly went to rocks.  Are there now firmer lines drawn in this merge tribe than ever before?

4. How did you end up on the side of the vote that you found yourself on?

5. What's more important to you at this stage: surviving one more round, or having a winning case at Final Tribal Council?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 06:39:11 am by Wes Anderson »

M. Gustave

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal Council 11: Society of Crossed Keys
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 08:43:53 am »
1. well, it narrows down your options by nearly half. that sucks if the people you want out are immune, but isn't bad at all if it means that people have no choice but to funnel votes onto people you do want out. so in some ways it can make it easier rather than harder, but that really depends on who you are.

2. i think so, i found it really hard but still only barely lost. we all did our best.

3. last vote certainly drew some lines, but i think everyone is wondering to themselves if they're written in permanent marker or dry-erase. how much everyone is willing to extend trust will play an even bigger role now than usual.

4. by voting for writer twice. :P

5. you can have the best case in the world and have no chance of winning if you're just voted out in 4th or 5th. surviving >>>> building a resume, imo. not that they're mutually exclusive, setting things up so you have the best shot of surviving is something to say you did well and deserve credit for.

Oracle

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 11:59:16 am »
1. I mean, personally, I'm thrilled. I guess it doesn't make that much more difficult for me? Regardless of what happens this time, I won't be going home. So now it's just a matter of, which of the remaining 6 options do I trust, and which don't I? After I first voted for Madame, and then flipped my vote back to Writer on the revote last round, I wasn't sure what would go down this round, so having that slight assurance around my neck helps me to really just evaluate the option. We are in the single digits of this game and the taste of being at that FTC is just going to continually grow from the remaining 9. However, I could very well have easily been in the 6 names being considered if perhaps I didn't somehow get a score that got enough points, or perhaps Margot was a minute later, or perhaps Duke didn't eek out the #1 spot. In the game of survivor, it's not always about skill, but about chance. And today, I am thankful that I know I will see the next round, but I feel bad for the other 6 people whose options are drastically reduced.

2. I mean clearly we did. However, it wasn't a terribly difficult decision. I pretty much just took the category no one felt strongly about on my team since I expected to get something I was terrible at. My past performances on challenges are varied and I am not consistently good at them. For example during the simon says challenge I got the 2nd highest score, but then the challenge immediately after, I got the 2nd lowest score and only didn't get the lowest score because Royal submitted the wrong score. This game has been very diverse thus far and knowingly putting myself on the challenge neither of my teammates were excited to do was the choice we went with, and given we have immunity, was the correct choice. But just like my prior statement, chance put us in a favorable position. Who knows how any other combination of players would have done in any other category if things didn't work out as they did? Either way, the short answer is yeah, clearly we did.

3. If this game had gone to rocks, I think there absolutely could have been firmer lines drawn in the sand. But because it didn't and I flipped my vote, I think those lines are a little more squiggly than anything. I would hope that it showed the predictability of what is going to happen is never finite. If there are firm lines, then I'm not seeing them. Perhaps the ocean of chaos washed away those lines in the sand a bit?

4. For me, I have to evaluate the information as I get it. I have to figure out what is being told to me to make me be influenced one way or another. Intent is also something that plays in the back of my mind. What is really being intended if I do go one way or the other? This game is not black and white. No decision comes without consequences. Let's just say the 24 hours during the revote were probably some of the most eye opening hours I've had all game. I think I'm going to leave it at that.

5. Getting $1 million dollars.

I'm getting paid to play this intense game right?

Right?

Guys?

Bark?

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 07:28:20 am »
1. Three players are immune today.  How much more difficult does that make this Tribal?

It's certainly weird and not something I had considered as a possibility beforehand. I'd say it makes things much harder for me personally.

2. Do you think you picked the right challenge assignment for you?

Hell no. I thought I was picking the most phone friendly one and it wound up being the least. I was hoping for a crossword or unscramble. I think I need a 7 person immunity challenge team next time to have a shot.

3. Last round had a tie vote that nearly went to rocks.  Are there now firmer lines drawn in this merge tribe than ever before?

I think some people are feeling very good about things right now. I would cling to anyone you trust at this point.

4. How did you end up on the side of the vote that you found yourself on?

Loyalty

5. What's more important to you at this stage: surviving one more round, or having a winning case at Final Tribal Council?

Always surviving 1 more round since my name seems to be out there every round.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 08:31:13 am »
It is now time to read the votes.  If you'd like to play an immunity idol, now would be the time to do so.
Spoiler
Madame D. stands up.

"I will be using Foxy’s tail on myself please."

This is indeed the Fox's Tail, and an immunity idol.  Any votes cast for Madame D. will not count.
[close]

I will now read the votes.

First vote:
Spoiler

Madame D., does not count.

Second vote:
Spoiler

Herman Blume

Third vote:
Spoiler

Madame D., does not count.

Fourth vote:
Spoiler

Herman Blume

Fifth vote:
Spoiler

Herman Blume

Sixth vote:
Spoiler

Herman Blume

That's four votes Herman, that's enough.  Herman Blume, you have been eliminated from the game. 

However, American Empirical Pictures is still hiring, and is pleased to bring you on as a Producer.  You will now decide whose film we fund at game end.  In other words, you are now a member of the jury and will vote for the sole survivor.

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]