Author Topic: Tribal Council Four: Rushmore Academy  (Read 375 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Tribal Council Four: Rushmore Academy
« on: September 10, 2021, 08:32:38 am »
Tribal Council 4

Rushmore Academy, welcome to Tribal Council.

Please answer the following questions before casting your vote:

1. An absolutely heartrending challenge result today, folks. You all gave it everything you had, yet here we are.  I'm very sorry.  How are you feeling?  Do you think Ivanhoe got incredibly lucky, or do you think they cracked the game?

2. At this stage in the game, what factors into your decision making at Tribal Council?

3. Even if you feel safe at this Tribal Council, do you have a plan if you're still with your current tribe two Tribal Councils down the line?  Three?

4. Is there anyone you're most curious about meeting from the other tribe?

5. Do you think attending repeated Tribal Councils is allowing you to come together as a tighter unit, or is it more likely to force schisms out into the open?

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal Council Four: Rushmore Academy
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 08:33:23 am »
FUCKING HELL

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 08:34:16 am »
going dark for a few hours  gotta cry

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 08:35:24 am »
@mods what happens if we all just refuse to vote in this tc

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 08:49:29 am »
@mods - was one person from ivanhoe sitting out from this challenge as well? They have one more person than we do.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 03:05:37 pm by Brendan »

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 09:43:36 am »
1. An absolutely heartrending challenge result today, folks. You all gave it everything you had, yet here we are.  I'm very sorry.  How are you feeling?  Do you think Ivanhoe got incredibly lucky, or do you think they cracked the game?

I fucking hate this game now and I am angry at this challenge, because literally, they had to have gotten lucky. Our code was garbage, theirs was not. We couldn't have done it in any less than that.
(Side note, not that angry anymore, but still angry. It's more so the anger of playing a game you had no chance of winning from the start.)

2. At this stage in the game, what factors into your decision making at Tribal Council?

Honestly, just activity.

3. Even if you feel safe at this Tribal Council, do you have a plan if you're still with your current tribe two Tribal Councils down the line?  Three?

If three TCs on our end have happened without the swap/merge occurring, I'm gonna ask Cephir what the fuck was with the game design, because that'd put us at four people, compared to nine, which isn't fair in the slightest. But, in this hypothetical, not really.

I'm gonna apologize for all the snarky answers, but you tell me your answer to my counter-question. If you go into a crowd of people without talking to any of them, is there anyone you'd be most curious about meeting? The answer is no, because I know nothing about them.

5. Do you think attending repeated Tribal Councils is allowing you to come together as a tighter unit, or is it more likely to force schisms out into the open?

It's both at this point. I don't really know which one it leans more heavily towards, because I'm still reeling from the loss of that challenge.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 03:06:15 pm »
@mods - was one person from ivanhoe sitting out from this challenge as well? They have one more person than we do.
No one technically sat out, but there were multiple people who did not contribute so it would not have made a difference.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 03:08:16 pm »
Not sure if this is a serious question, but if you fail to vote it results in a self-vote, so you would all receive self-votes and tie, at which point you would all be unable to vote on the revote so we'd go to rocks to determine the elimination at random.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 03:15:19 pm »
Not sure if this is a serious question, but if you fail to vote it results in a self-vote, so you would all receive self-votes and tie, at which point you would all be unable to vote on the revote so we'd go to rocks to determine the elimination at random.

down

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 04:01:11 pm »
It sucks. I feel especially bad for Foxy and Peter, who really gave this challenge their all. Whether or not Ivanhoe got lucky or out skilled us doesn't matter, it doesn't change the result. And the result is what we must deal with now.
At this stage, I'm looking ahead in the game to see who will want to work with me and/or continue to work with me down the line.
I'm just here to look pretty and beg people not to vote me pretty please
They all look like interesting folks! I just love meeting new people
I think there comes a breaking point at TCs where relationships are eventually hurt. I don't know what the end result will be for this tribe, but I obviously am hoping for the former.

Max Fischer

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 05:22:05 am »

Who knows? All I can say is Peter and Foxy put forth an incredible effort and it deserved to be rewarded.

Is it me? No? Good.

Continue to hope that the people I'm talking to aren't lying to me, that's the plan.

My full dedication is to Rushmore Academy. I couldn't even name one of them.

We've had two unanimous votes so far, so I hope we can at least enjoy the silver lining of being able to trust each other a bit more.

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2021, 06:05:59 am »

In my mind, it doesn't matter whether it was luck, skill or time travel, Ivanhoe won it and we're here having to deal with tribal council. I will say though, those Ivanhoe folks better be prepared for what's coming. I've practiced what I like to call my wheelie walker charge and it's a force to be reckoned with!

It's about making a decision that works towards the common goal of getting us further in the game. The actual vote may not be perfect for me, but the process of tribal council itself I think can solidify relationships and that's a big part of it for me.

That wheelie walker charge manouver is looking ready to go, that's all I'll say.

What?

Oh :(

I have to agree with Foxy that it has the potential to do either, both, all of the above!

Steve Zissou

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2021, 07:28:58 am »
1. An absolutely heartrending challenge result today, folks. You all gave it everything you had, yet here we are.  I'm very sorry.  How are you feeling?  Do you think Ivanhoe got incredibly lucky, or do you think they cracked the game? It was a heart breaking challenge because I thought Fox and Peter did a magnificent job of cracking the code.  I'm feeling sad because I don't want to be at tribal again.  From what I understood Ivanhoe basically did the same strat we did wrt to setting the code so it was probably as easy for them to reverse engineer our code as it was for us to do theirs.

2. At this stage in the game, what factors into your decision making at Tribal Council? The only thing that matters to me is "can I see myself working with this person moving forward"?  It's possible we will be facing a swap situation after this and I want people around that I can trust

3. Even if you feel safe at this Tribal Council, do you have a plan if you're still with your current tribe two Tribal Councils down the line?  Three? I never feel safe at tribal council, it's not a place you want to be.  If we don't swap and we go to the next 3 tribal councils I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  We don't have any safe or easy votes from here on out.  Everyone on this tribe is cool as hell

4. Is there anyone you're most curious about meeting from the other tribe? I don't think I could name a single person from the other tribe

5. Do you think attending repeated Tribal Councils is allowing you to come together as a tighter unit, or is it more likely to force schisms out into the open?  I feel that if you are in an alliance, going to repeated tribals and voting together is the best way to build camraderie.  On the flip side if you aren't in that alliance it can build resentment, and if we are in a swap situation those players feeling resentment become likely flip votes

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2021, 07:59:03 am »
This challenge went completely over my head. It looked like Peter and Foxy both did an amazing job, but equally the challenge came down to so little that there had to have been some luck involved.

I don't want to get voted out now, and I don't want to get voted out later!

Please don't send us to three more TCs I will be a very sad doggy and you do not want to see my sad doggy face.

One of the other dogs had some very choice words to say in dogspeak. Oracle maybe? It's nice to have someone in the game who speaks your primary language, so I'm hoping I can chat with them again soon!

I think it does both of these things! I can't imagine much trust has been tested one way or the other over on the other tribe with their one elimination.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2021, 08:30:09 am »
It is now time to read the votes.  If you'd like to play an immunity idol, now would be the time to do so.

Spoiler
Nobody stands up.
[close]

I will now read the votes.

First vote:
Spoiler

Second vote:
Spoiler

Third vote:
Spoiler

That's two votes Madame, one vote Steve.

Fourth vote:
Spoiler

Fifth vote:
Spoiler

Sixth vote:
Spoiler

That's three votes Madame, three votes Steve, two votes remaining.

Seventh vote:
Spoiler

Eighth vote:
Spoiler
...and the fourth person voted out of Survivor: Wes Anderson,

That's five votes, that's enough.  Steve, I'm sorry, you have been eliminated.

It's time for you to go.
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]