Author Topic: Jeff Goldblum's Survivor Vlog  (Read 1026 times)

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Jeff Goldblum's Survivor Vlog
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2021, 04:26:05 am »
I should say, Richie approaching me to work together as outsiders feels much more like an attempt to save Writer than as actually wanting to work with me long-term, so I probably shouldn't have included him in the group I talked about. But Royal and Herman genuinely feel like they want to go to the end with me, at least to me. Am I being naive? Maybe. I'm really not used to playing this way. But hey, if they'll go to the end with me I'm very very happy with that.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2021, 06:42:49 am »
Oracle's being super mysterious right now. I guess it suits the name.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2021, 07:13:12 am »
So... Oracle told me they've been reached out to about a plan that involves them voting Madame. I've been sworn to complete secrecy about this and I'm going to keep to it - I really like Madame, but I don't think I'd beat her at the end, and if I blow up the game by going to her here I not only lose Oracle's trust, but I become the big player, and I do not have the connections to be the big player here.

Oracle didn't tell me any more. The idea is for me to act blindsided afterwards and then we're distanced a bit. The lack of information has me on edge. Is this an attempt to pagong Rushmore when they're not expecting it? Why am I being left out? Am I viewed as being too close to it all? I've got so many questions... but I don't think I'm going to get answers until next round. I just need to make sure I keep myself in a position where I can survive, even if I'm on the 'outside', and having Oracle as an insider seems to work for that.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2021, 04:49:19 pm »
Can we get some insight into your head, Duke? Where are you at for this revote? Is rocks on the table for you, or would you prefer to avoid it?

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2021, 06:44:08 pm »
This one might need a vlog.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2021, 10:28:41 pm »
Jeff Goldblum's Survivor Vlog Part 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USCqmbkimDU

It's a long one, sorry. Too many thoughts.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2021, 07:14:08 am »
So, I got Suzy and Oracle to flip - well, I think Margot/Madame actually got Suzy to flip by confirming that Richie's story of Margot shopping Suzy's name around was a lie, but I did the final push by informing Suzy that Gustave wasn't actually flipping and it was an attempt to go to rocks. (Which was an insane plan by the way I can't remember if I mentioned that in my vlog or not

And when Gustave came back, we sorted it all out and Oracle flipped too. I'm not certain I handled that the best way - I think Oracle might feel like I strongarmed them into this, and I really didn't want them to feel like that. But ultimately, I'm happy with the end result. Writer was never in my corner and hopefully I'll be able to work my way into the center of the new tribe.

I think Suzy has my back, I think Gustave has my back, I think Herman wants to go to the end with me still, and I think this whole situation has brought Madame and Margot close enough to me that they won't consider cutting me for a long while (I hope, at least). So maybe I don't even need Oracle. But ideally I still need to keep them onside!

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2021, 08:17:05 am »
Soooo... Suzy just completely blew up the game by leaking everything to Royal and Richie? So much is going down right now I don't really even have the time to write this

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2021, 04:42:22 am »
Here is your 6 step guide to getting Madame to waste their idol.

1) Be part of an alliance that doesn't include them, that you're planning to go to F5 with (5vanhoe). Also be part of an alliance that does include them (3 Musketeers), so try to steer your main alliance away from targeting them so you have options later on if you need them.
2) Create a group chat with the 2 people you really want to go home (The Duke, The Rich and The Royaldrobe, henceforth known as DRR), because you've been BSing them to try to make sure they don't target you and they pitched working together and now you can't really back out of having a group chat.
3) Leave for 3 hours while you're gaming, because you're lazy and don't want to talk, and then come back 30 minutes before phasing.
4) See that 5vanhoe is now targeting Madame instead.
5) See that in DRR the people you want to go home are saying they heard your name from someone in your 5 group.
6) forget you're immune
7) Panic because you think they might be swinging things onto you, and blow up your 5 person alliance by calling out the source of the leak to the others
8) Doubly blow up your 5 person alliance by telling Madame that they're in danger
9) Your entire alliance agrees to just go for the easy target instead (except the leaker who you don't talk to), so seems like everything's set
10)

Just thought I would check with you, do you think I should be worried here?
When I came back - yes - now, I think you're safe but I'm still not certain. A lot depends on whether Oracle is being truthful with me or not, my read would say they are but I'm not 100% after last time
I'm confident we have me, you, Margot, Royal. If you're confident in one more then we're good

11) ???
12) Profit (but also completely blow up your game and the person who wasted the idol *might* have been close enough to play it on you at some point anyway so literally none of this was worth it at all

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2021, 04:43:28 am »
UTR stands for Uover The Rtop right

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2021, 04:44:33 am »
(it actually stands for "ha, yoU really Thought captainmeme could not blow up his game for an entiRe game???")

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2021, 09:59:32 pm »
how do I have more PM threads than I had at merge start

STOP STICKING ME IN RANDOM GROUP CHATS I WANT MY LIFE BACK

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2021, 10:00:35 pm »
petition to ban group chats in all future games so I don't have to send a dozen messages saying exactly the same thing to every single combination of the same 5 people

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2021, 10:56:35 pm »
....am I going all in with Richie and Royal? What the hell am I thinking?

But it does make sense. I can't go to the end with Madame or Margot, much as I love them. I could maybe go to the end with Oracle but I think people would probably consider me their goat because of my initial inactivity and because we worked together the whole time. Suzy's an option, but I don't think she likes me, and Gustave is maybe an option, but he keeps blowing up everything he touches because his judgement can be seriously poor, and I don't trust that he wouldn't take me down with him.

Everyone recognises Madame and Margot as massive threats, so they're definitely going to be booted before the end. The only reason for taking them down now instead of a different not-me option was if I thought it locked in a group that would take me to the end, and I think this game is way too fluid for that at this point - once those two are down, it's going to be a free for all. If I take out Gustave here instead, then two of the next four boots are Madame and Margot and I just have to outlive two of [Oracle/Suzy/Richie/Royal]. All I need to do to make that happen is make myself appear less threatening than two of them - I think right now, that's already the case with Oracle and Richie.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2021, 02:43:07 am »
The counterpoint to that is the idea that 4vanhoe (myself, Oracle, Gustave, Suzy) stays strong. Just hide behind Gustave and let him make plans, execute them in tactless ways, and burn people. Then see if I can beat him at the end on... an emotional appeal?

That's not how I play this game. I have no idea how to make that work. I think I have good relationships with people but if I just kill them all to go to the end with the blatant Ivanhoe group then how the hell do I keep their respect? "I needed you gone because you were the person who could have stopped me controlling the game" is a hell of a lot better of an argument than "I needed you gone because I wanted to stick to one single gameplan the entire way through and you were target #4 in the pagongalong". Like, if you take someone out in a big move, you can claim it as an act of respect for the person and maintain their friendship to some degree? Whereas if you pagong or go with something like that, it's literally just 'you weren't worthwhile enough to me to deviate from doing the same thing round after round'. And there's no way that can be taken well.

So you just have to hope they hate the others more? With Gustave I could see it, but I think Oracle and Suzy both will be better at securing the jury votes than I will. I think both of them will seem a lot less fake than I would, because I seem like someone who has your back. It's justified in a cool supervillain arc, but outside of that it's terrible.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2021, 06:38:47 am »
So.... Right now I'm trying to save Gustave. Is that a good idea? Maybe? I'm not sure. My hope is that if I can actually take out Royal, then I cut down numbers on the side of the game I'm least connected to. Sure, Royal and I have a 'pact' to keep the votes off each other, and Richie and I have talked about working together but... definitely do not feel as comfortable with them as I do with every single other person on the tribe. I think those two are still the most likely players to target me, even if M. Gustave went home this round.

Issue - there are four votes solidly on Gustave. Margot, Madame, Richie, Royal. And none have any chance to shift, I think. So at best we're going to a tie vote in a situation where all the people I'm okay with going out here are immune to rocks and I'm at risk.

Solution - I know Madame and Margot are solidly on Gustave, and will not voluntarily go to Royal. So, I've made my thought process clear - why I want Royal out - and I've pitched to them that they do their thing, they let me do my thing, I'll push a Royal vote, and I'll focus primarily on getting votes off Margot in order to do so. What player would say no to someone offering to push the vote away from you, even if you thought it was the minority vote? Of course Margot was 100% happy with this.
The plan is that if it ties, then I can leverage this to get them to flip - 'I kept you informed all the way, I helped you out in doing this, and I'm still 100% on your side going forward regardless of the outcome here'. I don't think someone would risk going to rocks when the people they're going to rocks against are working with them.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2021, 07:28:04 am »
Oracle's upset at the moment because apparently people sold them out to Royal as pushing Royal's name. I mean, I was upset when I found out people sold out me pushing Richie to Richie last round too, so I get it.

It actually makes me sad :( Which is odd, I'm usually all beep boop gamebot.

I really really hope she doesn't think it was me though. Because like, that's the one thing I genuinely didn't do. I've been deviating a lot from being completely open with Oracle these last few rounds, but I haven't even told Royal his name is out there.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2021, 08:13:15 am »
inb4 Suzy somehow pulls off some kind of split vote shenanigans with Richie and Royal and sends me home

maybe I shouldn't have said I wanted Richie gone in TC questions

if I do go home here I'm blaming probst

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2021, 08:14:42 am »
I think we're 4-4. And I think that if we're 4-4 then we win the vote by forcing Margot/Madame to flip.

But if we lose the vote and I'm not dead, it's still a recoverable position. It's always recoverable, right?

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2021, 08:24:20 am »
Suzy stop sending messages to people who aren't me wtf

i want your attention

pls

i should stop checking the who's online page so much

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2021, 08:26:30 am »
SUZY

BAD SUZY

NO

STOP MESSAGING PEOPLE
JUST KEEP VOTE WHERE VOTE IS

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2021, 06:00:49 pm »
Are you willing to draw a rock here? And if so, how are you coming to terms with the fact that it could be you going home?

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2021, 08:43:36 pm »
Y'know, I really shouldn't be okay with drawing a rock here. I'm in a fine spot if Gustave goes home. Sure, Royal and Richie will probably be angry with me, but I don't think Madame and Margot would send me home, and I would hopefully be in pretty good standing with Suzy and Oracle after this. It's not like my game rests on Gustave in any way.

...but there's something about the principle of the thing, right? If I make this move, I have to be able to justify it at the end. If I can't even justify sticking with it to *myself*, when I knew the best case scenario was a tie, how on earth can I justify it to the jury? If I don't follow through here it'll be a massive point against me.

At this point I feel like it has to be a game of chicken. Madame and Margot are definitely less willing to flip right now than I thought they would be, which was a big miscalculation on my part, and they definitely won't move if they don't absolutely think we're all willing to go to rocks. Would they go to rocks if they do think we're staying strong? It makes some sense if they think we're just going to go Richie-Margot-Madame afterward, so my primary concern here has to be convincing them that that's not going to happen.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2021, 09:39:01 am »
I do love Oracle but man they do feel sleazy at times. And Richie just has sleaziness radiating from him. And then you have Gustave.

I feel like I'm having to choose between two snakes and a himbo

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2021, 09:41:18 am »
gotta wait and see what their responses in general are but my default would probably be Oracle if nobody impresses me.