Author Topic: Finale Round: Fuck my life I didn’t think this pitch thing would be public  (Read 741 times)

Oracle

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Okay seriously screw the mods for saying this wouldn’t matter and was for flavor only.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
It is flavor only! It’s just flavorful window dressing and isn’t in the same subforum as the questioning.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Itkxbahs fjcirndnvkfiabgkcocjnrnh

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Like literally if I knew this was the first thing a jury would see I wouldn’t have mentioned anything about my game in it. Kiiiiiiinda pisssed haha.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Okay huh, that banner actually turned out better than I thought it would. Time to pull a speech out of my behind.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Lordy my initial draft is 7600 words.

How in the fuck am I supposed to condense this all into 2000 words or less?

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
*cracks knuckles* okay time to figure this out. Since I work all day tomorrow I have to get this done tonight.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Okay I've cut it down to 4800 words. Progress folks, progress. Now I have to start thinking about actual parts of the speech to cut out which is always dangerous.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Down to 3500 words. And now I'm starting to hate my entire speech because it's losing all of the personality and sounding like a robot wrote it.

I'm going to step away for a bit and then likely I'm going to rewrite it without the play by play. I don't think I can make this any shorter in it's current form without literally taking away the intent of what I want. I think I'm going to try a different approach.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Okay I rewrote about half the speech and it's now down to 3300 words.

I already feel like this is going to be better received than what I wrote before. So now it's just a matter of condensing a bit more. I think I'll be done soon with this.

It's not perfect but let me tell you it's hard to convey what I want to express in 2000 words or less!

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Okay I'm down to 2950. I just have to cut 950 more words.

Why couldn't this be a 3000 word limit *cries in dog*

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Down to 2450. I'm getting there. Going to have to figure out what cuts to make tomorrow. I need sleep. Fuck I'm debating taking a sick day tomorrow. I won't be able to think about work with this beginning.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
2260 words. Just 260 more words I need to cut. *rubs temple* I'm so close but anything I cut out now might be the difference between a win and a loss.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
I also opted to take a sick day because I wasn't going to focus on anything except thinking about how to cut my speech down.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Okay! I only have 100 words left to cut! (75, but I'd rather be safe than sorry) This is doable. I also think this has helped me to be more succinct in this new speech, though there are parts of the original speech I wish I could have included. I'm hoping that by writing out those thoughts I can somehow incorporate them into my responses during FTC.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
I finally have my final speech done. It's not perfect and it doesn't convey everything I wanted to convey in my original speech, but it's succinct, to the point, highlights my time with the jurors and has an opening and a conclusion. There are worse speeches I could write and I'm hoping it's personal enough that they see they weren't just things I used to get further and that I really struggled this game. I also hope it shows I had active thought in my decisions and with further questions I can dive deeper into those thoughts.

I'll spruce it up in a few minutes before being done.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
The thing I dislike about how short this speech is, is that I lost some of the context for why I was doing things at certain points because I can't really encompass pre merge stuff. However, I'm out of words. So what do I do? I can't describe the pre merge shit show in 30 words haha.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
The mods have confirmed I am exactly at 2000 words. It's not a perfect speech but hopefully opens up dialog up that allows me to elaborate on other points with further questioning.

I'm going to step away for a couple hours before giving it a final review and posting.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Time for the floodgates to open. I'm not sure how this speech will be seen, but hopefully I can argue/present a case worth voting for.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
And then the jury just wasn't here. I'm sure I'll get hound-ed but until then I'm just going to sit back and relax a bit.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Huh. This actually isn't going too bad so far?

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Like of course Herman felt hurt, and given that apparently Richie's speech put him off?

That's just extra special bonus for me.

I see Young Writer looking at my boards and I feel my skin crawl.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Okay so re looking at this scope:

Young Writer-Has to be voting for Richie I don't see what else makes sense.
Royal-Would be shocked if he doesn't vote Richie.
Herman-ISN'T VOTING RICHIE?! Holy fucking shit I have a shot at this vote. Me or Gustave
Duke-Me
Suzy-Me
Buckley-I would have to imagine me? We will see.
Madame-Tossup.
Margot-I'm going to assume Richie, but she seems open to hearing me out?
Peter-Tossup.

Currently I see Richie with 2-3 votes
I see me with 3 votes.
I don't care if Herman votes for me or Gustave, just not Richie!

Then it comes down to Madame and Peter. If I can lock in Madame here and somehow Herman I win.

What the actual fuck?! Do I have a shot at this thing?!?!?!?!

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Yeah I had that coming from Writer. I knew that. I'm pretty sure he doesn't vote for me here and I didn't expect him to.

Peter being my late game hero was not the plot twist I was expecting honestly. Giving me a platform to elaborate on points I couldn't convey with words in my opening speech was...wow.

Thank you Peter when you read this after. I needed you to ask that question.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
I can’t say this is going bad or good for me. On the fence at the moment.