Author Topic: Jeff Goldblum's Survivor Vlog  (Read 1001 times)

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Jeff Goldblum's Survivor Vlog
« on: September 06, 2021, 08:41:26 pm »
welcome to my survivor vlog

here I talk about everything related to the new reality tv show i am starring in called survivor wes anderson edition directed by wes anderson and starring jeff goldblum

exclusive behind the scenes content
in depth thoughts
jeff goldblum
this has them all

tune in today

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Jeff Goldblum's Survivor Vlog
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 08:41:52 pm »

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 04:45:56 am »
Would you say that you're a Dog with a Vlog?

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 05:25:23 am »
hey man you can't come up with better titles after I've already made the thing

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 01:28:42 am »
part 2 electric boolagol

this one is very rambly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuDyreg6kcQ

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2021, 09:55:00 pm »
Do you want to be kidnapped and taken to Rushmore? Regardless, someone from your tribe is going to be taken away by the pirates. If you don’t want it to be yourself, do you have a plan to make sure it’s not?

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 01:00:47 am »
no way in hell do I want to go over there

There's funny goings on over here on Ivanhoe - I think mostly stemming from Anthony - but going into a tribe that has had to boot *4* people? That would be suicide. I would not be surprised if that side were tight-knit enough that they arrange the kidnap as a group and give the person who is coming here immunity; the person who goes over there is just walking into a death sentence.

The plan is to make Herman or Sam paranoid enough that they run for the hills instead. If they don't... I guess we're drawing lots for who is getting screwed over. I'll take an 8 in 9 chance to keep playing. Those aren't terrible odds.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2021, 01:01:27 am »
I hope tiebreaker aint the person who has received the most votes. God.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 10:13:43 am »
After the initial hesitation above, you ended up volunteering to be the hostage, but you didn’t get taken. How do you feel about this? Does anyone know?

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2021, 10:36:11 pm »
Nobody knows and nobody will know. I didn't tell anyone beforehand, I was going to play it off as a random selection, and if I tell anyone I was going to jump ship they'll certainly question my motives for doing so. Anyone who was close to me will be annoyed I was going to abandon them without telling them, and anyone who wasn't close to me could use it against me by telling said allies.

So no, this knowledge stays with me.

Knowing Richie jumped deliberately... that worries me. Why would he do that? It wasn't because he was under threat - he wasn't - so I think there must be something big going on that I don't know about. I am quite concerned that there was some cross-tribe alliance formed in the crosscomm round, and something like that could absolutely dominate a game like this.

I'm not sure what to do about it. I feel like the smart move is to lay low and not make moves, try to act like I'm a number for the stronger players who are likely in that alliance if it exists, so that I'm the one they leave til last and their alliance has a good chance to break down before they eliminate me. But at the same time, by doing that I'm losing numbers who could help me take control of this tribe. Usually taking control of a tribe is a terrible idea because swaps but... I wouldn't be too surprised if there are no swaps here. Or rather, the mutiny was the only swap.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 12:17:24 am »
...I wonder if he won an item at the auction that he could only activate by going to the other tribe?

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 02:31:38 am »
This round feels dangerous.

Sam/Herman/Peter are the three names I'm hearing, with the vote seeming to coalesce on Sam. *I* was hearing that Sam and Herman both wanted to go Peter, so I thought they were both being kept out of the loop, but now I'm hearing that Herman will go Sam - but not from Herman. And I've heard rumours from elsewhere that Peter is trying to bring those two together along with his extra vote to make something happen.

Peter approached me saying he thinks I'm near the bottom, so I'm trying to play into that as much as possible. The hope is that either he tries to pull me into any plan (which obviously means I won't be the target of it) or he at least thinks that I'm not worth taking out. I think if he's going down the route of blindsiding someone, I'm the best target, because if it ties somehow the others would be more likely to drop me over anyone else - but if he's a BIG MOVE player, then hopefully he wants to take out someone important. And I'm doing my best to seem not important.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 06:14:04 am »
Peter says they're going for Oracle. Hm.

I'm not sure whether to tip people off or not. I'm leaning towards not tipping anyone off, but also telling Peter outright that I don't feel confident enough to make that vote. That means that if his plan works, I've proven myself trustworthy in not leaking, so while I won't be at the top of the tribe (since I didn't vote with them), I'll hopefully be somewhere in the middle. And if his plan doesn't work, then I just shrug and keep going in the position I'm currently in, which is still more or less in the middle. I *think* I'm okay either way.

I really don't want to do anything that puts a target on my back from either side. Doing nothing seems to be the best way to avoid a target.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2021, 07:13:24 am »
What the hell even is this TC

I think I managed to convince Peter I wasn't with anyone enough that he passed me on to Anthony and now Anthony is sending me weird messages that feel like some sort of code I don't know how to decipher? It feels like some sort of test.

I *knew* Anthony was untrustworthy. I'm 99% certain the vote on me was his now.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2021, 09:20:39 pm »
I got randomly mutinied.  Talk about a short straw!  I really thought that either Sam or Herman was going to volunteer to try to get out of there with how tenuous their positions were.  It wasn't near as bad as it could have been though since the Rushmore tribe had just come off a split vote where people were flipping on old loyalties and blindsiding each other.

Aight m8 I see how it is

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2021, 09:24:05 pm »

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2021, 08:20:18 pm »
dangerdangerdanger

serious danger senses going off right now

Literally everyone I was friends with got swapped into the other group. Richie has connections from the mutiny, Writer has immunity, and Foxy is apparently trying to reconcile with all the Rushmores he was at war with before. Even if this does go Foxy I think I'm the next most likely player to go.

Right now I need to, urgently, form a strong bond with someone on the complete opposite side of the equation. I think that person is Buckley, because we spent 24 hours literally just barking at one another before we sent our first proper messages, and that's at least a unique opener? I'm still scared though. This feels like the worst possible swap I could have gotten given the circumstances.

The stories of the other tribe make me think I would've been in a far, far better position if my mutiny had worked. At the time it was a 'agh, I hate my position over here, let's just YOLO and hope' decision so it felt like it was actually okay that it didn't go through, but it seems there was so much strife over there that the person was basically guaranteed to be fine and could make new connections.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2021, 05:03:27 am »
Could I have actually done anything to turn this tribe dynamic on its head if Foxy had been onside? Probably not, it would have required too many people *and* Writer has the Mendl's still. So maybe I'm complaining too much about him not listening to me at all, I'm not sure I would have had a good plan. But still... I think he cast me aside as an option far too quickly.

I'm really, really wanting to ask Writer for Mendl's. But I don't think I can, it'll make all the buddying up to him I'm doing look too insincere. At the end of the day, it's his, and he can make his own decision.
I know Foxy outright went to Writer to pitch me as a target. So... maybe I'm not the real target? Because why would you tell the person who has the idol if you're trying to blindside the other tribe? But I think I'm likely overthinking that. I'm just really, really hoping he hasn't got anything he can pull out of the bag here, because as per usual I'm in a dangerous spot.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2021, 06:59:41 pm »
I took a looong time to decide whether I wanted to play in that idol challenge or not. Eventually I decided to.

It's an odd one, right? Because by competing you're raising your threat level, so you run the risk of being blindsided because people think you have an idol. But I think from my position, it actually makes more sense to do that than not! At the moment I'm playing a very UTR game (a weird spot for me) so the threat on me right now is very much from the fact that I could potentially be an easy vote. If people think I might have an idol, I think I actually become *safer*, because suddenly I'm not as easy a vote.

I still hope a lot of people compete, though. If it's literally just me that wouldn't be great.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2021, 06:56:03 am »
Well, this is an interesting one.

So, I'm now in a four person alliance with Oracle, Madame, Margot. I think I'm also in a three person alliance with Buckley and Madame, but I'm not really sure that one's solidly in place yet because Buckley is not often here. I also have a somewhat unspoken five person alliance with Herman, Oracle, Suzy, Gustave.

Basically, everyone on trash island is in the in group with me, most of the people on my old tribe are people I don't trust.

The vote here is between Peter and Herman right now. Peter initially pitched Gustave/Suzy, saw that wasn't working, and pivoted to Herman. Gustave initially pitched Writer for being close to Peter, then pivoted to Peter, presumably because he messaged Richie (who is like, blatantly extremely close to Writer) and he obviously wasn't going to go with it. But most of the OG Rushmores prefer booting Writer to Peter, presumably because it makes Ivanhoe a bit less threatening to them.

I'd actually prefer a Writer vote here, I feel like Peter is someone I don't care too much about because he's never going to have much influence, whereas Writer is part of that Writer/Richie/potentially Royal? gang I'm quite afraid of, and a challenge beast to top it off. But I think Writer likely has the idol, which is dangerous to a doggo like me because I think I'd be one of his first targets. Peter told me that an old Ivanhoe had pitched my name along with Herman's and he'd shut them down on my name's front - I'm not 100% certain he's being truthful, but I think he likely is, and that person was either Richie or Writer.

I do wonder what's going to happen. It feels like the only thing standing in the way of this being a Writer vote is Gustave not wanting to go Writer anymore; everyone else is lined up ready to fire.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2021, 05:32:40 pm »
Do I want to help pagong Grover Cleveland High School? It's my own tribe, but... with Buckley gone, I feel like if I were to rank players in this game by how much I like them - actually let's just do that, you'll see.

1. Oracle
2. Madame D
3. Margot
4. M Gustave
5. Suzy
6. Herman
7. Royal
8. Writer
9. Richie

My worry of course is that if we do pagong those three players, I might be the next on the chopping block by default. But it's what I'd really want to do just from a 'who do I like' perspective. And I'm pretty sure Richie and Writer both have it out for me.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2021, 06:57:10 am »
Currently preparing my challenge entry for submission; with it will come an extremely dull hour-long Vlog Part 3!

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2021, 07:43:43 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4BEKni0NzE

Part 3

Starring Jeff Goldblum as Bob Ross

(if you're looking for game talk, skip this, it's literally just me being bad at painting for an hour and talking about that)

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2021, 04:16:39 am »
Oh boy. How is it that the game gets so much harder when you stop being the target?

So, courtesy of last round I have the group of four with Oracle, Madame, Margot. That's actually the only group chat I have, which is odd, but I think is a good thing because it keeps my threat level low. If people think I'm disconnected, I'm better off for it at this point.

I also have the unofficial group of five with Gustave/Suzy/Herman/Oracle which is very much a 'Gustave says this and you lot are expected to jump to it' group. Which is fine. Again, keeps my threat level low, and he's putting the target on his own back.

So, now, speaking of low-threat level - this phase, I have had three different people approach me with exactly the same pitch. Herman, Royal, Richie. All exactly the same - 'we're outsiders, we should stick together and keep one another safe.' And it's... kind of insane?
I never built up much of a relationship with any of them. If I was playing my normal BIG STOMPY MEME game, then making friends with them would take a ridiculous amount of effort on my part because they'd see me as a threat, and even that amount of effort doesn't usually work. But... when you're playing UTR, zero effort put into making friends with them suddenly means they view me as someone they can beat (I think) so they now want me on their side.

It feels like I've found a cheat code.

Obviously, it's not all great. In order to get here, I lucked out in not going to TCs and other people (Foxy in particular) shooting themselves in the foot, so I guess UTR is more of a 'harder start, easier middle, harder end' thing. And now I need to juggle all these alliances without making myself look like a threat in any way, because the moment they realise I'm better connected than they thought they'll probably turn on me. But still, it's just amazing to see all these people suddenly want to be friends because I don't care about them at all.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2021, 04:24:06 am »
Votes in the air right now - Gustave wants a split between Writer/Richie. Not going to work. Too many people like one or the other, but I think Gustave is too confident to see that - he came to me saying Margot and Madame are on board with the idea and I'm just there thinking... why the hell did you even pitch that to them? Writer vote sure, but if you confidently pitch a plan that requires seven people right from the outset, when five of those people are all from the same initial tribe and everyone knows all five worked together on the Sam vote, what are those two going to think? They're going to think 'oh god oh fuk we're at F10 with a group of 5'.

No wonder Margot and Madame aren't too keen on even a Writer vote anymore. But they're being very very cautious about what they say to me and Oracle right now, I think.

The countervote is *supposedly* Gustave, but nobody's actually pushing Gustave. I've heard whisperings it might be Suzy - I couldn't care less if they do actually boot Suzy, it's not me, but I do care if they boot Suzy without telling me. I want this Oracle/Duke/Margot/Madame four to stick together (at least until I want it gone) and that would blow it up completely. So I'm scrambling to make them comfortable enough with me that they'll bring me in on it, while trying to look like everything's fine and I don't know what's going on with any of that. I don't know that it's working.