Author Topic: Taking a bite out of crime-- and the competition! (Episode One)  (Read 1225 times)

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
Re: Taking a bite out of crime-- and the competition! (Episode One)
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2020, 09:58:21 am »
By the way, in a continued response to Scooby's post in the main confessional thread-- I feel confident that I can have Leon as my second in command now. Even if he is lying about being a newbie, he's the one who I feel the most solid about that didn't breach the topic of an alliance with me within the first three messages or so-- and I don't have to worry about him discarding me later down the line since he doesn't have as much power over the tribe as someone, like, say, Jake.

When you say they didn't breach the topic. Do you mean they tried to be allies with you in the first three messages? Or as in they breached the protocol in becoming an ally?

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
  • Facing a five-course meal of crime.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2020, 09:59:25 am »
The first one. It was his... third message to me that he offered me an alliance. Still, he has proved that he's willing to commit to G.O.B.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2020, 11:37:58 am »
We've talked a little about how much you like the other tribemates, but how do you think that this will be a strong alliance throughout the rest of the game? My question is, what would be the characteristics you're looking for to get a final X alliance and if you see those qualities in anyone yet?

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2020, 09:31:10 pm »
Oh boy. So Lennie is a bit shady because he's defending Hannah pretty hard and tried to throw Jake under the bus/tried to get my trust in him rattled. I don't think this will be a strong alliance for the rest of the first phase, let alone the game-- but I talked about it with Jake and he may be willing to replace Lennie for Leon, which would be quite optimal in my book. Lennie did have himself in a great situation, but he showed off his hand too early and stuck up for Hannah when he didn't entirely need to-- and thus closed off doors that could potentially benefit him in the future. Not to mention he's one shady son of a gun.

Personal rankings:
Leon
Jake
Lennie/Paul? Not sure here.
Hannah
Ace

Ace is almost definitely first boot material at this point should we happen to lose the challenge. He did not have a great first impression on people and that's coming back to bite him.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2020, 07:38:18 am »
I think that's interesting because your first impression was Ace was above average  (I think your first list put him at 3rd). His steady fall in your favorability, was this caused by something he said or did to you specifically, or was it through gauging the interest of the rest of the tribe? Were there any other contributing factors?

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 09:00:08 am »
My first list accounted for the marooning, but there are three exxact reasons as to why he fell in my favorability that I think make him a suitable sacrifice.

1. I felt as if as the game went on, Leon, Jake, and Lennie were all more valuable allies than him. While initially I felt like Ace would be a good FUTURE ally for when the topic was able to be breached, he never actually expressed an obvious interest for working together beyond just liking each other.

2. He has greatly just dropped off in activity, and I'm pretty sure multiple people have confessed to him not messaging them for over a day. My review was written during the marooning when we were all still uncertain of our positions based on my first impression of him, not my second or my latest.

3. He hasn't gotten along well with others, like I mentioned earlier-- and obviously I'm not going to stick my neck out for someone on the chopping block that I'm not even working with.

It's not what he has said. It's what he hasn't said and done.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2020, 12:03:08 pm »
Good news, everyone! Ya dog is taking massive steps towards being able to run this tribe the way I want things to go, establishing a solid core of three-- but not with who you might think!

Here's a word for word message from Leon that I received earlier in the day:
"Yeah, I wouldn't make him feel that he's just a third wheel to us. I'd actually love a trio more than anything lol. You and Jake are really the most person I'm comfy and trust with.

Yeah, I like Lennie too. If I'm going to rank people based on who I trust, it looks like this:

1. You
2. Jake
3. Lennie
4. Paul
5. Ace and Hannah? -- My feelings for the both of them is in the same tier tbh

I'd be happy to vote Ace if people want to."

And here's one that I received from Jake:
"The more I hear from Lennie, the more sure I am that he's playing games. Perhaps not outright lying or anything, but I think he's looking down the road and assessing who might be a long-term ally and who can be safely dropped when the going gets tough. Nothing against him, that's the game, but I'd rather make a true core of you and Leon.

He's quickly becoming my favorite person to correspond with after you, and he came right out and suggested the three of us as an alliance. He was a bit troubled when I explained that you'd tipped me to the fact that he wasn't sure where I stood on him, but was actually pleased when it shook out. That disconnect was a potential tripping hazard, and you neatly solving it increased his loyalty to both of us. With your permission, I'd like to go ahead with a three-way PM between us. No idea what to call it though...a name like the GOB doesn't immediately suggest itself."

The fact that Leon is willing to give me his trust rankings within the first round of the game is really good, and I trust that they're what he genuinely thinks because they line up with everything else that he and Jake have talked about up to this point.

The fact that Jake is not only willing to change up his previous plans and be flexible about how he approaches the game, but also go out of his way to offer myself and Leon a spot in an alliance is an absolutely amazing thing for me, because it means that I have to put in less legwork to succeed and Jake comes off to others as having most of the power (which Ace explicitly mentioned to me). I feel like I can hide behind Jake as a big shield if it really comes down to it-- but not even as someone who would be a target for a bad reason-- I genuinely am getting along with him and feel like he's a great ally to specifically have on my side. At the very least, I wouldn't want to be against him under any circumstances.

Lennie REALLY screwed up by coming off to Jake and myself like he was attempting to play both sides of the field and not burn anyone. Where he would once have a solid three-man alliance that would be completely unbreakable, he's cast a bit of suspicion on himself and landed firmly in the middle of my trust rankings, where he's playing not only third fiddle to a tighter group, but also being closely watched in the future to make sure he doesn't try anything suspicious.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2020, 12:19:34 pm »
To clarify-- it's not like I dislike Lennie or anything, and he could very well have me as his most trusted person on this tribe. However, I would much rather stick with the two that I know for sure have my best interests at heart and that I know won't ditch me if it benefits their game in the future.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2020, 05:59:51 pm »
That was a close challenge and things unfortunately didn't shake your way. What's your game plan for this tribal council?

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2020, 06:28:58 pm »
Hannah. Nobody comes for my boy Leon and survives.

Finnick

• Spectator
  • #blm #acab
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 07:59:28 am »
how is taking a bite outta crime goin?

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2020, 08:03:00 am »
Yummy! Also, it's Ace now.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2020, 01:08:56 pm »
Hmm. Something seems slightly fishy this round, but I can't for the life of me put my finger on what. Hoping that everyone will stick to their word on voting Ace and that there will be no trouble, but as they say, anything can happen here.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2020, 01:23:30 pm »
Oh boy. Lennie is not making me feel entirely safe or secure.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2020, 03:41:32 pm »
I think I’m super dead.