Author Topic: Episode 1: Alrighty Then  (Read 3447 times)

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 1
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2020, 09:05:04 am »
looking like an early bloodbath for the female characters may be in the works

red tribe currently looks to me most likely to boot kate, although jackie chan or even pikachu could maybe happen and they have different enough takes that this tribe is probably the most likely to have an interesting first tc
officer jenny is only surviving because quentin is basically awol, but it's not looking good for her in the long term
and blue looks like ace vs. hannah

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2020, 09:22:42 am »
I love it when a whole tribe agrees that their submission is good but then chooses to take forever to submit because nobody wants to be the one to pull the trigger.

That's not even sarcasm; I think it's hilarious.

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2020, 10:00:32 am »
Okay, I have finally caught up on reading confessionals, at the end of the round/challenge I'm probably going to do power rankings /grades for all the players.

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2020, 10:11:15 am »
i don't understand why some people get so upset about gimmicks

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2020, 11:19:42 am »

Gimmicks are very hit or miss. It's good to have variety and fun instead of the same old conversations, and they usually allow an easy jumping off point, but they can run into a few issues. Namely:

1. If the gimmick is laid on too much that it becomes impossible to talk to the person, not just "oh I need google translate" or whatever but make people have to do a lot of work to understand. If you can't communicate, you can't connect and you can't plan.
2. If the gimmick becomes too much of it's own thing. Having one is fine so long as you can show some of the person underneath but if it feels like all you are doing is talking to a gimmick and not a person well, how can you expect to trust it? You can't be sure what lies underneath.

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2020, 11:26:10 am »

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2020, 11:33:14 am »
I think we may have won that.

Good news is even if we didn't, I think even the challenge solidified the easier targets of Jenny and Quentin. Quentin for flaking when he said he would be on at 1, and Jenny for prematurely starting the clock

I really don't get how you can target Jenny for prematurely starting the clock, not one but two people posted between then and the start and agreed to go along, if with some reservations, that's on everyone. Probably irrelevant since Quentin almost definitely is the first boot. Also it looks like the red tribe wins this?

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2020, 11:48:53 am »
Also, Heiji, thanks for the constant on point questions to the players, you are doing a great job!

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2020, 01:30:04 pm »
Also, Heiji, thanks for the constant on point questions to the players, you are doing a great job!

Not at all. I'm not smart enough to make power rankings, so if I can help contribute to yours, then I'm looking forward to an awesome spectator round :D

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2020, 03:21:59 pm »
Well, suicide pool might be very short.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2020, 05:03:40 pm »

Agreed. I, for one, like gimmicks.

Raymond Holt

• Spectator
  • #blm #acab
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2020, 09:39:04 pm »
Maybe this is secretly Furvivor
mafiascum was a mistake

Raymond Holt

• Spectator
  • #blm #acab
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2020, 09:39:38 pm »

Raymond Holt

• Spectator
  • #blm #acab
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2020, 09:41:01 pm »

Gimmicks are very hit or miss. It's good to have variety and fun instead of the same old conversations, and they usually allow an easy jumping off point, but they can run into a few issues. Namely:

1. If the gimmick is laid on too much that it becomes impossible to talk to the person, not just "oh I need google translate" or whatever but make people have to do a lot of work to understand. If you can't communicate, you can't connect and you can't plan.
2. If the gimmick becomes too much of it's own thing. Having one is fine so long as you can show some of the person underneath but if it feels like all you are doing is talking to a gimmick and not a person well, how can you expect to trust it? You can't be sure what lies underneath.
gus here speaks the truth

also this forum software is spiffy.

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2020, 09:41:34 pm »
Ooo, the Scruff/Lennie relationship has soured already.