Author Topic: Voting Thread  (Read 499 times)

Sherlock Holmes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Voting Thread
« on: May 15, 2020, 12:53:09 pm »
While deducing exactly whom you wish to vote for is elementary for me, my comods insist on being spoon-fed everything. Could you help them out by posting who you want to vote for in this thread? It must be so boring not already knowing these answers!

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
  • Welcome to Grouchland, now scram!
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 11:54:00 am »
vote: Officer Jenny

Someone always has to be first, and this time it's you. I'll still hold to that avatar bet though, but that's the only real content you actually gave me. You gotta learn to read the room hon. So I imagine this will be a surprise.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 07:37:21 am »
Vote: Quentin Lance

You've had more chances than most to build connections with people, and it just didn't seem to take. And at this juncture, as much as having you in my pocket is good for me, anyone else leaving over you is very bad for me, and I care a little more about my own standing in the game than I do about yours. Maybe you luck into the idol and I have to explain this, but I doubt it.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 02:30:06 pm »
Vote: Pikachu

Sorry dude, I guess you trust me, but you shouldn't cuz I've never trusted you, and your actions this round are making me trust you even less. Maybe you are being honest about what you've said to people, but so much of it feels incredibly underhanded, unnecessarily so.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 02:29:22 pm »
Vote: Jake

I like you dude, but I don't like how much influence you carry, or that you're not giving me anything to work with. You said that we could talk live about stuff, but you haven't sent me a PM since this morning. And that's really bad management, as well as the way you've handled other people in your last two TCs ain't great. Maybe this is a bad move over all, but I wanna play a little risky and feel like I have some actual control in what votes are or aren't happening.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 03:29:25 pm »
Vote: Scruff

It's funny, I wasn't going to do this and was fighting for anything else. But you got too invested in Jake and then you made that public callout post, and that's essentially it. I wanted you with me, and was going to do anything that let that happen. But it's also hard to do anything when so many people aren't talking to you.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 07:50:57 am »
Vote: Jake

At this point, you're really not doing anybody any favours here. Sorry my dude.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 06:18:19 pm »
When I went into this FTC, I will be completely honest, I didn't want to vote for either of you. One of you brutally betrayed me and the other was incredibly hard to know what they had done that I should vote for. I had incredibly close relationships to you both, but that wasn't enough. The people I wanted to vote for you had all sent to the jury. Neither of your opening speeches particularly moved me either, I wanted more from you both. And you both gave me everything I asked for and more. Sure you both missed what I was truly asking for with some of my questions at times and failed tests I was setting, but you were both incredibly graceful and giving your all and I can respect that. I have been agonizing over who I wanted to vote for because you both have drastically different yet equally valid games, and I respect them both. The betrayal was a solid move for solid reasons, the underselling during the game was deliberate and smart. The reasons I didn't want to vote for either of you became reasons I should vote for you both. So it all came down to what was your performance at the end like, as a whole which game and friend do I vote for and make happy, and which do I disappoint.

Hercule, I do forgive you for your blindside, and I had entirely after your answers day one of FTC. It wasn't part of my consideration anymore, not really. It was something I got over. And you should be proud of what you've done, you did put so much effort in. But is effort for effort's sake enough?

Lucifer, you were right to say your game was one that was in the shadows. You were underestimated and considered a vote target quite a lot. You were under so many people's radars that you looked like an easy goat. And yet, you won challenges and got yourself here, with what is arguably one of your better matchups. But did you do enough to overcome all the flaws of your game and your social misteps?

It is my great pleasure and honour to vote for
Spoiler
Lucifer Morningstar. I am so proud of you and all that you've done in this game. Survivor makes me cry too, but closing speeches rarely ever do. Zod in Conclave did, and now you. Your closing is everything I was hoping for from you and more, and I have never been prouder and happier to vote for someone than I am today. Whether you win this or not, just know the effect that you had. And I wish you all the best.

Hercule, your game was good and you should be proud as well, but I believe that effort needs to have purpose and control, and not simply be covering every possible base there is. And a lot of your words rang hollow to me.
[close]