Author Topic: Voting Thread  (Read 601 times)

Sherlock Holmes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Voting Thread
« on: May 15, 2020, 12:49:56 pm »
While deducing exactly whom you wish to vote for is elementary for me, my comods insist on being spoon-fed everything. Could you help them out by posting who you want to vote for in this thread? It must be so boring not already knowing these answers!

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
  • Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool.
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 12:09:34 pm »
Vote: Ace Ventura
Oh my god this is just like Die Hard!

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 12:04:11 pm »
Vote: Hannah Wells

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 04:20:26 pm »
Vote: Nick Wilde

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 01:56:54 pm »
VOTE: Pikachu

I will use my Sergeant's stripes to be immune to voting this round.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 03:31:33 pm »
Vote: Scruff McGruff

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 11:47:51 am »
Vote: Grouch Cop

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 04:38:15 pm »
Vote: Lucifer

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2020, 11:33:24 am »
This is a difficult choice.

As I alluded to in my questioning, I prize the big moves, the strong alliances, the daring challenge wins. You each have some of that equation, but neither of you have the whole package. Monsieur Poirot, it looked like you had it all going into the merge, and then lost your grip on things and had to claw your way back to the top. Mr. Morningstar, you never really showed that dominance, but successfully manipulated things from the shadows, maneuvering others into taking the fall for you. I find one of these stories more compelling.

Lucifer, ultimately, your game was always about "Look over there, he or she is the real threat." You took advantage of the big moves others were making, hitching your wagon to theirs until it was time to jump ship and take credit for their work. There's merit to this as a short-term tactic, but I don't buy it as the foundation for an entire game strategy. As far as I can tell, the best move you made that was entirely your own was eliminating Rust over Poirot. Fully half of the people on the Jury would be able to make very strong cases against you...a Sole Survivor should be able to stand against all comers. I am sorry, you do not have my vote.

Poirot, you made mistakes. You weren't in control at TC 11, 14, or 15, and your underestimation of Judy nearly cost you the whole game. However, even when the tide turned against you, your bedrock fundamentals and strong ground game made up for it. You built contingencies and backups into your plans, and despite being far more overt than Lucifer, you were also sneakier. Your covert alliance with Rust, which we didn't know about until FTC, ensured you were never a serious candidate for the vote. As you said, you put in the effort. I feel you deserve to win Survivor: PD.

Vote: Monsieur Hercule Poirot