Author Topic: Episode 20 - FTC  (Read 2593 times)

Re: Episode 20 - FTC
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2020, 03:44:48 pm »
so having 0 context for any of the game, not having read any of the questions, etc. my assumption is that the great Belgian detective is taking this one home. Y/N?
It might be tight depending on how burned players feel by Poirot's big moves.

We've never had access to the jury forum or their confessionals so it's harder to say than it would be usually.

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2020, 04:33:34 pm »
Juries are notoriously unpredictable.  Recall that last game here, "bippy" thought he was casting a sympathy vote for a buddy finishing in dead last, and it ended up as the deciding vote in that player's win.

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2020, 06:44:46 pm »
Juries are notoriously unpredictable.  Recall that last game here, "bippy" thought he was casting a sympathy vote for a buddy finishing in dead last, and it ended up as the deciding vote in that player's win.

I don't think this is necessarily true. I think it's more that FTC actually has a huge impact on most games if the people who make FTC know what to do and that F3s are very volatile because people have very different reasons for casting certain votes (i.e well this person can't actually win so I'll vote x way) and there are 3 options. In an F2 there's a lot more clash and there only being 2 choices make it a lot easier to predict. Though without us being able to see confessionals that impedes that ability incredibly (well assuming players are commentating FTC, only a handful usually do).

Cliff McCormack

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2020, 10:13:00 am »
so having 0 context for any of the game, not having read any of the questions, etc. my assumption is that the great Belgian detective is taking this one home. Y/N?
It might be tight depending on how burned players feel by Poirot's big moves.

We've never had access to the jury forum or their confessionals so it's harder to say than it would be usually.

We actually do have some insight into the "burned" part because one of the jurors' first post was "nobody is a bitter juror here" etc. and seemed to mean it.

Greetings! I should preface this by saying that this is not a bitter Jury in the slightest— all of us are looking to make an unbiased decision to determine the best possible winner of this game, and I think Ponderosa is completely void of any lingering bad feelings whatsoever.

Now whether you trust this post or not is another thing (often bitter jurors convince themselves they aren't bitter, after all), but I do think it's some indication that if the only thing standing in Poirot's way is bitterness, he's looking good.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 10:15:10 am by Cliff McCormack »

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2020, 12:31:10 pm »
But another juror said that a player did something that they can't condone in a game and it's deciding their vote.

I also don't think you necessarily have to be a "bitter juror" to not want to vote for someone that burned you in a big betrayal, ie Leon and Grouch.

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2020, 02:16:50 pm »
Ooh Lucifer is going all in on his honest approach vs. Poirot's cutthroat play in his closing speech.  He's forcing it to be a referendum on the Leon vote almost.  Bold play although I don't know if it works.  "Despicable" is a bit much, he may be pushing too hard there.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 04:10:12 pm by Scully and Hitchcock »

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2020, 02:58:05 pm »
It's always a crapshoot how jurors will respond to the personalized parts, but the first part of the speech is perfect for selling his game no more or no less than what it was.

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2020, 03:19:35 pm »
It does go a bit heavier than my liking but I think it gives reasons to vote for Lucifer a lot more than Poirot's speech gives for voting Poirot tbh. I think Luci takes it with those speeches as is.

Also agree that personalized parts can be hit or miss, you are often better off cutting them out than leaving them in imo.

Alexandra Cabot

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2020, 04:51:09 pm »
i find that part of luci's speech affronting tbh but i don't know if it'd like, lose a vote, you know what i mean

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2020, 06:05:11 pm »
For the record while a few jurors have been open with their vote, the majority of them have not given an indication of which way they are leaning so this is an exciting mystery for the mods too!

Raymond Holt

• Spectator
  • #blm #acab
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2020, 10:49:31 am »
oh man lucifer had a bomb ass final speech, drag him