Author Topic: Episode 20 - FTC  (Read 2701 times)

Re: Episode 20 - FTC
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2020, 11:20:19 am »
btw I do think Lucifer's reasoning for cutting Rust there makes sense.

Cheddar

• Off The Case
  • Not some common bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2020, 03:12:38 pm »
why don't we just make no threads. let the jury figure out what it wants
In before it turns into that spam forum challenge

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2020, 03:01:20 am »

Third place boooooiiiii

(for some reason I can't post in my conf anymore :( )

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2020, 07:55:57 am »
although I agreed with Lucifer's reasoning for bringing Hercule, just reading the first sentence of Hercule's speech:
Salut mes amis! C’est moi, Hercule Poirot! Mon Dieu, what an incroyable journey zis ‘as been.
And oof, it is not going to be fun for Luc to go against this gimmick in FTC.  It's too charming.  Can it even possibly be smart to go up against "ze master detective" in FTC?  I wonder if Rust would have made that argument if Lucifer had been around.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 08:20:37 am by Scully and Hitchcock »

Judge

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2020, 10:48:45 pm »
What's hilarious is that I actually studied French for like 7 years so I can read most of what Hercule posts without having to translate it haha!

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2020, 11:21:39 pm »
Lucifer's speech was underwhelming but I think he's doing a decent job at answering the questions.

As for why Nick can't post in his confessional: I made it so anybody with the "Player" role or "Spectator" role can post in forums that are designated "Confessional", but if a player also has the "Eliminated" role then that overrides the permissions and makes it so they can't post even though they can read.  Most eliminated players I fixed this problem by changing the confessional from the "Confessional" designation to the "EliminatedConfessional" designation. In your case I, uh, forgot.

Alexandra Cabot

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2020, 11:59:40 pm »

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2020, 09:10:57 pm »
Quote from: Hercule
If I lose zis game, everything zat I did your round was in vain. Your elimination was in vain. If you still can find eet in your 'eart to choose to look at ze good and not ze bad, zen your elimination actually meant something because eet 'elped propel me to win ze game.
Wow. I don't think I've seen this specific brand of emotional manipulation before.

I don't hate it but it also seems a little too blatant that it risks coming off as pandering.

Alexandra Cabot

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2020, 10:38:05 pm »
i thought it was a bit much

Alexandra Cabot

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2020, 10:39:10 pm »
I mean my vote was decided after rereading some things. One of you did something to another player that I cannot condone at all even if it’s in an Internet game.

what are they talking about, truly; i don't recall anything that bad?

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2020, 10:46:07 pm »
i thought it was a bit much
Right, I mean in a vacuum I can see it being effective on a juror.  As part of an FTC where all of the jurors are watching, then yeah, it's a lot.

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2020, 06:26:55 am »
It also feels like more manipulation after already brutally manipulating that same person out of the game.

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2020, 06:30:38 am »
I mean my vote was decided after rereading some things. One of you did something to another player that I cannot condone at all even if it’s in an Internet game.

what are they talking about, truly; i don't recall anything that bad?
Probably the Leon vote. That vote was very rough although in my opinion it’s definitely more of a plus than a minus on the resume. But I think when Hercule made that follow up ftc post going into the nitty gritty of how he was withholding his jury vote for Leon unless Leon did this thing that would get Leon voted out, it highlighted the ugly side a little more.

The move was essential, even if Hercule has beaten Rust in fire at 4 he’d have gone home at 3 without it. But you know how on Ghost jurors got mad at Dominic for annihilating poor Donathan? I think it has a little in common with that.

Alexandra Cabot

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2020, 07:49:21 am »
ok that makes sense i think i mostly zoned out that round

Cliff McCormack

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2020, 03:39:12 pm »
so having 0 context for any of the game, not having read any of the questions, etc. my assumption is that the great Belgian detective is taking this one home. Y/N?