Author Topic: Welcome to your confessional!  (Read 4533 times)

Holly Short

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome to your confessional!
« on: January 01, 2020, 01:49:50 am »
Oh my! Who do we have here? A new officer joining the ranks?

Well thank the fairy heavens for that! The last new recruit we had was Sherly and he’s still bumbling about thinking of himself as a consulting detective. Pff!

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes!

Welcome! We’re excited to have you here.

This is your confessional, where you can post whatever you want. Your thoughts, your ideas, your deepest, darkest feelings! No evidence can be used against you here.

Please make a post in this thread to confirm that you’re still up for the task of joining the force. I wish you the best of luck!

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to your confessional!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 10:00:39 am »
Okay idk what to put in here since the game just started but im still up to play

sooooooo jake and scruff just pmed me and i like their personality both cause they look like those guys i could buddy with.

i'll try pming others tho hmm

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 10:03:34 am »
Yo, Leon! Welcome to the game.

Feel free to talk to us about whatever you want. This confessional is also a good place for you to keep track of your notes and thoughts on the game to make decisions later on. Since the spectators can't really see what's going on in the PM, we love talking to you to see what's happening behind the scenes and your thoughts so far.

You mentioned Jake and Scruff seem like good buddies. What brought that trust factor?

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 10:50:31 am »
Well, I find Jake's personality charming like he looks like that guy I could easily befriend with. He offered to mentor me this game which I gladly accepted cause why not? I wanna trust him cause he made a whole paragraph explaining why he's trustworthy, etc., so I'll trust his word for that.

Scruff on the other hand is the only person that I felt comfy with. Idk, but I love the way how he managed to awkwardly approach me without making it awkward lol. We managed to buddy up cause we exchanged convos about playing horror games and I just basically tried to be sweet to him cause apparently, I need to be sweet to survive this game lol. He said that I made a good first impression on him, so I guess I'm doing good.

Lennie also PMed me and all I can say is he was kind of dry and awkward, so I'm not sure if I could be buddies with him, but I still tried to be sweet and approachable, so there's that.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 02:41:57 pm »
It sounds like you're starting to build up some really great relationships. If you wouldn't mind sharing interesting bits of the conversation, I think that would be phenomenal.

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 12:35:09 am »
So about Jake, he shared some really good advice on how to play this game. I think I should post it in here so I could look at it while playing the game and so yall can see it too

Excellent. Okay, something that tripped me up early on is just how IMPORTANT these early PM conversations are. The MS LSG community has this whole meta and culture surrounding them which, while I think it could use a shake-up, is pretty well-established. Make sure you get a PM thread going with the whole tribe, and try to ask meaningful yet superfluous questions. Yeah, I'm well aware of the contradiction in that. Meaningful enough to get a sense of personality, but superfluous enough that it doesn't dig too deeply towards identity. Popular topics are music, books, video games, movies, that sort of thing. Find common ground, work out who's being evasive or phony, that sort of thing. Assuming you're coming from the Mafia side of the site, think of it like scumhunting - figure out who's telling you what you want to hear, who's engaging with you honestly, that sort of thing. I've already got one person who I'm a bit cautious of because they're being evasive and vague - they ignored my question about three adjectives entirely.

Avoid answering briefly, but also avoid writing novels. There's a lot going on in PMs, especially the first few days, and you want to avoid either annoying the other players with walls or losing their attention with one-liners (the exception being an addendum to a PM, but I digress). In short, be yourself. Be open, answer completely and candidly, try to find common ground. Don't have the same taste in music? Talk about something else.

He shared some stuffs about what genre he loves in music and it's Rock and tbh I really don't have any interest in Rock, so I kind of revealed to him I'm a Gen Zer that listens to the common artists like Billie, Ariana, and Nicki. He said he's hot and cold with Ari and Billie but he likes Nicki. I'm an avid supporter of Nicki, so that's a plus points from him? We talked about movies next, which I'm not really the type of person to talk about movies (cause I'm a series person than a movies person), so I switched the topic to series and sent him my fave ones. Just a really casual talk with Jake.

On the other hand, Scruff is the only person I think I could really trust at the moment. We talked about games. I said I love story telling games like Life is Strange. He asked me if he should give it a shot and I said "go for it". He recommended me a roguelike game which to be honest, I'm not really interested, but of course I'm trying to build up relationship so I tried to be enthusiastic. He also said that he's bothered with GTA V's "torture" theme, which is interesting to know cause I haven't really explored GTA V that much and thank goodness he spoiled it for me cause idk what to feel if I ever encounter the torture theme. On a serious note, he said that he's been talking to a couple of people and he said that I've left a really good impression on Jake and Paul and he said that I'm doing good for an entirely newbie player. I'm flattered to be honest, and now I'm waiting for him to wake up cause he's going to talk about the "potential of trust in the future."

About Paul, I was the first one to message him with enthusiasm, saying that "his character looks like he came straight out of a comedy movie" cause obviously I searched for it. Not much has been said but my back kind of hurts from carrying the conversation. If I hadn't, we would've encountered a communication breakdown. He doesn't seem to be interested in buddying me, but it's worthy to note that I left a good impression on him as Scruff had said.

Lennie on the other hand tries to buddy with me and I think our conversations sort of going well? We don't tend to stick in one topic though. The way he shifts the topic in a short time. He was asking me about games first, then TV shows, and now music. I wonder what our next topic will be.

Hannah said something that I shouldn't be trustful of anybody and I'm intrigued about that since as yall can see, I've now trusted two people: Jake and Scruff. She said she was destroyed by people on her previous game for trusting too much. I asked her how cause I really need to prepare myself for future and possible scenarios. I do understand that people are also trying to win as much as I am, but I'm not sure if I can handle being betrayed like that. Anyways, Hannah doesn't really seem interested with me.

Ace is the person I don't really have an opinion on. I went to bed as soon as I sent him a message. He has this Jake vibes in him, which is good, I guess? He asked me what my character is like and I just said he's a hottie who fights zombies LOL. He also said that he really didn't know his character, so I asked him why he submitted that character lol. Anyways, he asks questions so I'm pretty sure our convo's going well.

That's my opinion from everyone so far.

Scooby-Doo

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 01:05:09 am »
You can't solve this all by yourself, with out a raggy who would be your second in command?

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 01:54:07 am »
You can't solve this all by yourself, with out a raggy who would be your second in command?

What do you mean?

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 01:55:41 am »
Oh apparently, Lennie and I finally found our common ground and it's the Rap genre and Megan Thee Stallion. I'm shook cause I expected all these players not to know her since Megan is new to the rap game, but I'm glad I kind of established a relationship with Lennie.

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 04:35:00 am »
So, I've finally allied with Scruff and yay to my first ally, I guess? We agreed to make our relationship lowkey since he said it could be bad for us. I have no idea what's going to happen in a Survivor game as this is my first game, so I'll just probably agree with him.

We also discussed about the other players. We're both comfy with Jake and Lennie. I suggested that if we'd ally between those two, I'd say we go for Jake. Lennie could be good too, but I'm not as comfy to him as I am to both Jake and Scruff.

We also both agree with our opinions to Jake and Hannah. Jake doesn't seem like super enthusiastic to this game and we're both struggling to connect to Hannah. I think I'd vote Hannah out of the game if that's a thing in Survivor (?).

Anyways, I'm really excited to do the first challenge lol.

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 09:28:53 am »
I really feel like I clowned myself on the first challenge LMFAOO

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 12:02:12 pm »
Ace and I had the chance to talk to each other, while I'm not really impressed with his vibes, there's nothing negative about him. I guess he's neutral, not someone I should probably trust, but he's good. I mentioned to him that Hannah is the most tough player to get along with and I shouldn't have cause what if he's allies with Hannah? Lol, anyways, I felt like I overshared to him about Hannah, but I made sure I didn't spill too many things.

I kinda feel bothered that Scruff mentioned to Jake that I confided to him about Jake cause I was worried that Jake doesn't like me. Well, Scruff probably wants to make sure that Jake and I should trust each other. I do have this feeling that maybe they're just trying to be allies with me just to destroy me in the end? Jk, but I think that's less likely.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 05:14:18 pm »
Now that you've gotten a little bit more into this first game, have you noticed that you've changed the way that you've interacted with the others? For example, Jake has given you advice - is it something that you want to take into account meaningfully or just at face-value in order to make it seem like you're putting out the effort?

Also, what games are you interested? I love a good plot.

Raymond Holt

• Spectator
  • #blm #acab
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 10:14:11 pm »
I'm rooting for you because you picked an attractive character.

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 01:38:27 am »
Now that you've gotten a little bit more into this first game, have you noticed that you've changed the way that you've interacted with the others? For example, Jake has given you advice - is it something that you want to take into account meaningfully or just at face-value in order to make it seem like you're putting out the effort?

Also, what games are you interested? I love a good plot.

Hmmm, not really. I don't think I've changed the way I interact with others even after the first challenge. Though I admit what Hannah said about trusting too much made me feel like I need to take a step back, but Scruff and Jake looks like the two people I could really trust. Anyways, I did take Jake's advice meaningfully, of course. I love it and it did help me find my purpose playing this game. I don't know what you meant by "at face-value"? Cause I know I'm really putting an effort here.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 01:46:34 am by Leon Kennedy »