Author Topic: Welcome to your confessional!  (Read 2280 times)

Hannah Wells

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to your confessional!
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2020, 09:00:21 am »
Congrats on making it past Tribal Council. Have any thoughts on this conclusion of episode 1? Were you worried about the votes or you felt that you were sitting safe? What went down behind the scenes so that you could ensure you weren't the one going home tonight?

It went exactly the way I thought it would - but I'll admit there was a part of me that felt doomed the entire time. I think that's just a product of TCs, though. They get to you in the worst way.

I don't know if it's as much as my efforts that did Ace in as much as it was his lack of connections. I made a HUGE effort to talk to everyone - so much that we didn't even talk Survivor or anything until after the first challenge. Only then did I sneak in Ace's name to multiple people. Not everyone, mind you, because I felt that would appear too inorganic if I was caught. I think it also helped that I tried to be as personal as possible with people. I'm talking about stuff like dispensing life advice and sharing intimate moments that I don't feel comfortable sharing as it's not my business to share it. But trust me, it went far beyond just video game and tv talk.

There was a common trend:

Okay about the TC, I've heard that Ace is popular. What do you think of him? I haven't really got the chance to connect with him and I've been struggling with him since the start of the game.

Hey, morning, Hannah! I've already heard from multiple going through my PMs that Ace has not been talking to people at all, and that's only supplemented by the fact that he is literally the only one who hasn't messaged me since yesterday evening. I really don't think that we would be losing anything too significant in his elimination-- and the cons of getting rid of anyone else in return would be greater than the cons that we'd have to face of losing him. What do you think?

The tribe feels pretty solid. I've made good connections with everyone but Ace. I've tried half a dozen different approaches, and he's just been vague and terse. I'm sure if we had more time we'd find more to talk about but...we don't have the time. Lennie seems to be the only person who's had a real conversation with him, and three other people on the tribe have independently thrown out Ace's name. Nothing against him, but I don't like the alternatives.

So I don't dislike anyone, I feel like I've had good conversations with you, Jake and Scruff were early to reach out and seem pretty cool. It took a second to connect with Leon but we had a fun convo about music, and I've liked my conversations with Paul. Ace I've tried talking to but we don't seem to have a whole lot of overlap? From talking to others, it seems like I'm not the only one to have had that experience. That said, I haven't had anyone explicitly pitching, surprisingly quiet post-challenge-reveal.

I agree, nobody really seems to stand out as a target at this point. Probably the person I've talked to the least is Ace. How much have you heard from him?

So here's the deal. I actually did the same thing Ace did - sit on my hands and never message anyone first. The difference, I think, came down to frequency and content of responses. I did my best to build myself up as an active and trustworthy ally. I am hoping it pays off in the long run.

Hannah Wells

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2020, 09:02:02 am »
Going to give this question thing a try.

How big of a fan of survivor are you? How many seasons have you watched? And what player would you like to model you game after?

I used to watch it with my dad when I was a kid but that was so long ago I can't name any specific people or seasons. I wanna say 90s? early 00s? But I did play on mafiascum once before and have played similar games in real life at Circle K International social events back in college. I do enjoy the game quite a bit! I'm sorry this answer probably wasn't as satisfactory as you were expecting. ><

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2020, 05:51:49 pm »
Congratulations on immunity - you're now in the top x-teen! Your safe for another round and I figured I'd take your pulse. Did your ranking of your favorite tribemates change in the past couple of days?

Hannah Wells

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2020, 09:04:43 am »
Congratulations on immunity - you're now in the top x-teen! Your safe for another round and I figured I'd take your pulse. Did your ranking of your favorite tribemates change in the past couple of days?

That's a great question! Let's see how my original ranking compares:

Quote from: Original List
Scruff McGruff
Leon Kennedy
Lennie Briscoe
Jake Peralta
Paul Blart
Ace Ventura

Quote from: New List
Scruff McGruff
Leon Kennedy
Jake Peralta
Lennie Briscoe
Paul Blart

So I've thought about ways to move this around, but I think it's mostly the same, with only Jake and Lennie swapping places. Scruff and Leon are close together - mostly because I feel genuine connections to them. We've been very personal with one another (not to the extent that we know who we are though). Jack and Lennie are in another tier below. Great allies but not as personal. Jake is higher than Lennie because he's more talkative. Paul is a nice guy but not very talkative. That doesn't mean he ignores me or anything; I still think he's a potential ally here, but he tends to respond in 1 sentence. Which is fine. It just feels like he could put slightly more effort. He's still very much in the positive.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2020, 04:13:48 pm »
Since you're immune this round, what strategies did you try to implement during your downtime? What are you thinking about moving forward?

Hannah Wells

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2020, 04:38:45 pm »
I'm currently just chatting with everyone. I expressed thanks to everyone for their support and pledged a favor to Scruff for his excellent detective work. I figured I shouldn't owe everyone a favor, but owing him one might prove beneficial in the future, as he seems to be extremely popular among the tribe.

As for moving forward, I'm not sure. I think I need to start moving against Blart next. He seems to be the weakest link based on a purely gut feeling. And Hannah Wells knows a proper gut feeling! Now that we're past the first two TCs, I think it's time to start thinking long term. Any moves I make have to consider those who would be good allies to save me from the muck, and I think Leon and Scruff are my best bets for close allies. Leon because I think we have a strong connection, and Scruff because he has rapport with both Lennie and Jake. The latter two are friendly with me for now, but I have this feeling that he's in a better position with them than I am.

Hannah Wells

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2020, 05:30:09 pm »
Holy shit, Officer Jenny got voted out? She dominated that game! I wonder if it was everyone collaborating to take out the strongest or if she brought herself down in other ways...

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2020, 06:36:36 pm »
What's your thought process going into this challenge? Are you optimistic about your chances of doing well?

Hannah Wells

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2020, 09:02:30 am »
Here are some positive traits to apply:
Affectionate, Artistic, Charismatic, Courageous, Joyful, Reliable

Here are some negative ones to apply:
Aggressive, Bad-Tempered, Bossy, Devious, Egotistical, Selfish

And here are some roles people might serve if they were planning a heist:
The Brains, The Muscle, The Wheelman, The Guy Behind The Scenes Who Commissioned The Heist, The Inside Man, The Safecracker

Hannah: Affectionate, Devious, and The Inside Man
Jake: Joyful, Selfish, and The Wheelman
Lennie: Courageous, Bossy, and The Guy Behind The Scenes Who Commissioned The Heist
Leon: Artistic, Bad-Tempered, The Safecracker
Paul: Reliable, Egotistical, and The Muscle
Scruff: Charismatic, Aggressive, and The Brains

So my thought process was first to assign the positive traits, then the negatives, followed by the the role. I am not optimistic about doing well at all. This one requires so much psychic power that I don't know if my prior detective work and gut feelings will save me. Here's my reasoning for each person:

Hannah: I conveyed myself as extremely nice and emotive but feel like it's a bit of a charade, with my ulterior motives and all. That fits my role perfectly.
Jake: A funny guy (I've come around) who seems into himself a little bit. He'd make a great getaway driver.
Lennie: He's bold and has the mannerisms of the guy in charge. What else is there to say?
Leon: I get serious "moody teenager" vibes from this guy. Nothing against him, he just seems to have an immaturity. Perfect for the stressed out safecracker.
Paul: He's always there but never seems to reach out personally very much. Maybe that's because he's really into himself? A pile of meat for sure.
Scruff: Eloquent, gets straight to the point, and seems to know the ins and outs. A smarty pants for sure.

Hannah Wells

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2020, 05:38:44 pm »
Hmm...I didn't realize my description of myself would be revealed. I hope considering myself as Devious and The Inside Man doesn't give people the wrong (or right?) idea. This could be dangerous!

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2020, 05:19:41 am »
What are your thoughts going into this tribal council? What have you heard and what will you try to accomplish?

Hannah Wells

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2020, 08:23:06 am »
What are your thoughts going into this tribal council? What have you heard and what will you try to accomplish?

I am going to aim for Paul initially to see if I can weed out the competition. I suspect he will do the same to me, but I have faith in my chosen allies. I am presenting it as an option between Paul and Leon and arguing that Leon is a better communicator and that his potential is yet to be realized. It's not a strong argument, but I don't want it to be an easy choice for anyone.

I haven't heard anything yet. I went to be early last night because I was pissed. I'll update that question as I gain more information.

Hannah Wells

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2020, 12:59:49 pm »
Word from Scruff is Paul has been mentioning my name. So I do believe this is going to come down to whomever has the most friends. I really do think I can count on at least Jake, Lennie, and Scruff. Leon will likely support me as well.

I've been totally candid with them about my intentions and reasoning and I hope that pays off.

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2020, 11:56:19 am »
Hi! Any new developments?

Hannah Wells

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2020, 04:07:41 pm »
Word around the block is that Paul is the vote, BUT I have been gone for so long without being able to send messages (last message was yesterday morning) that I'm sure it could all fall apart. I have no idea where this is going to go.