Author Topic: Episode 4: Stunted Growth  (Read 899 times)

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Episode 4: Stunted Growth
« on: July 05, 2020, 05:20:21 pm »
Swap Time!

gogogogogogogo
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 05:20:36 pm by Joss Carter »

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 4
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 05:38:37 pm »
Well, this is interesting.

Purple is 4-3-2, which ordinarily is concerning for the 4, but the rest include Captain AWOL. Still, the 4 might be all too happy to cut Penelope.
Brown is 3-3-3. Will people target red here for having so many members? If so, they have their pick of multiple weak links to choose from, or they could be jerks and go after the strongest because they can. Poirot getting Judy and not Grouch is nice, and I'm not sure if Lennie and Paul are going to be inclined to keep Leon around or not.

I am again upset that the person who got the one vote does not think there is a problem with that.

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 05:40:17 pm »
I do wish we could've gotten Lennie and Jake together for maximum friction.

Chase is going to have to make some new friends, and I would bet a reasonable amount of money those friends will be the former green tribe.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 06:40:46 pm »
Really curious if Leon will be able to handle being on his lonesome. Luckily, there's like three AWOL players to boot first. Wish the tribe could have taken them out firsrt.

Finnick

• Spectator
  • #blm #acab
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 07:01:00 pm »
"We expect the very best from these special units; failure here is not an option. We expect you to apply yourself and solve these cases. Who knows, you might even make sergeant!"

Something about this quote just feels like it'll have something relevant.

so how's that sergeant's exam working at this point??

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 07:02:11 pm »
Not great, apparently.

Alexandra Cabot

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 07:05:48 pm »
i'm telling you! italics baby!

Alexandra Cabot

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 07:06:31 pm »
how does that work now, is it just one idol per new tribe or does it retain old tribe lines

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 07:08:19 pm »
Basically Paul can't get it because getting promoted to Double Sergeant would be silly, but yeah, one idol per new tribe.

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 09:36:56 pm »
Quote from: Lennie Briscoe
The tribals were honestly some of the quietest I've been through. On the first pretty much everyone as far as I know had the same experience with Ace, it was really tough to connect with him. I'll give an example, I asked if he was into Survivor and he said he doesn't watch TV, he's more into video games and books. I asked what kind of books, he said fantasy books. I asked what the most recent fantasy book he read that he liked was and he said he really hasn't been reading much recently and couldn't remember. I'm only half joking when I say I wondered if he might be a mod plant as an elaborate interactive idol clue, and the "Standard" rating for this game is the only reason I ruled that out.

Where did you find these people

Now I want to make a mod plant elaborate interactive idol clue.

Alexandra Cabot

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 11:23:11 pm »
Is it bad that I tried to engage Poirot in French and he called me out for getting a noun's gender wrong
that's so funny this is the only good gimmick

Alexandra Cabot

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2020, 11:24:40 pm »
Quote from: Lennie Briscoe
The tribals were honestly some of the quietest I've been through. On the first pretty much everyone as far as I know had the same experience with Ace, it was really tough to connect with him. I'll give an example, I asked if he was into Survivor and he said he doesn't watch TV, he's more into video games and books. I asked what kind of books, he said fantasy books. I asked what the most recent fantasy book he read that he liked was and he said he really hasn't been reading much recently and couldn't remember. I'm only half joking when I say I wondered if he might be a mod plant as an elaborate interactive idol clue, and the "Standard" rating for this game is the only reason I ruled that out.

Where did you find these people

Now I want to make a mod plant elaborate interactive idol clue.

let's do like a mod-controlled player who gets to merge and the first challenge of merge is like 'immunity is out there:) let us know when you find it' and it's a borobudur situation pm'ing the mod player. i think that'd be fun for some (spectators), and awful for others (players)

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 01:09:59 pm »
Interesting to see Cheddar take a social hit.

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2020, 03:57:20 pm »
By the by, for this challenge we made sure to not have too much of an American bias by including some European and Australian logos.  I have no idea how easy or hard they will be to find.

Sherlock Holmes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2020, 04:11:50 pm »
Also I think that the smart play here is to keep going on this challenge for as long as possible, like unless you're gonna get 100%, chances are time isn't gonna be a factor

Make sure that if you don't have the whole team with you when you start the challenge, that everyone on the team has had a chance to look at it, like even getting 1 more answer is a benefit that outweighs the time factor