Author Topic: Welcome to your confessional!  (Read 1951 times)

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to your confessional!
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2020, 03:41:43 pm »

^This is me looking at my PMs with Pikachu right now. Because we just made a pact to throw this challenge to ensure that Chase stays safe.

He's going to 'have computer problems' doing the puzzle, which is absolutely not obvious at all and definitely won't raise any eyebrows >.>

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2020, 03:56:58 pm »
I agreed to throw this part of the challenge to make his poor performance more believeable, but I don't know how to do that without it being obvious that I'm throwing. And I don't think my own performance will have a huge impact anyway. It's... difficult.

I'm still a little confused about why I agreed to this. Chase can *probably* handle it himself, he's a good enough player to. But it's still that "probably" that's important. Do I want to risk going into a swap/merge with zero inroads into that other tribe because everyone I knew from there is dead? Absolutely not.

It kinda feels like this moment from Infinity War:

where they agree not to trade lives but then go ahead and throw all the Wakandans under the bus because their lives clearly aren't quite as important. That's what we're doing for Chase right now, with Penelope likely taking the role of the Wakandans. I hope it ends a bit better in our situation.

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2020, 05:09:42 pm »
Are you serious

How did they still lose

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2020, 04:11:11 pm »
Welp, I think I may have thrown this challenge by accident this time

This is another reminder of why I don't play mafia (aside from it just generally being the worst)

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2020, 05:50:07 pm »
I just realised I'm that guy who does everything in the welcome thread
I swear I didn't mean it, I just usually wait til the first TC to make a new thread and do everything in welcome until then and uh

y'know what I'm just going to do that. Maybe I don't make another thread til merge and welcome thread ends up with all my premerge confs. That would be glorious.

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2020, 05:50:59 pm »
No wonder y'all have stopped asking me any questions though, what can you ask the eternally immune guy? I'm literally god. Or at least, Penelope is literally god and I get to pretend to be one by dint of being with her all the time.

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2020, 10:13:49 am »
Who's your faves right now? Who are you most excited to get back with

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2020, 06:57:00 am »

Yeah

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2020, 06:57:30 am »
Who's your faves right now? Who are you most excited to get back with

Thank you for asking this by the way! I'll answer it today :D No TCs has really made me lazy huh

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2020, 12:45:46 pm »
HITCHCOCK: Thank you so much for saving Mable.
SCULLY: Mable is what he calls his favorite toilet seat.  Thank you so much for rescuing Gloria.
HITCHCOCK: Gloria is Scully's girl.  And by girl I mean toilet seat.  She's in the stall right next door to Mable.
SCULLY: Anyway, sorry you haven't seen us lately.  We've been getting... reacquainted.
HITCHCOCK: We're here now though!  So can you please catch us up on your game so far?  Give us the full debriefing!
SCULLY: Well, maybe not the full debriefing.  Maybe just a few sentences.
HITCHCOCK: Three sentences or less, please!

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2020, 02:11:56 pm »
SCULLY: Mable is what he calls his favorite toilet seat.  Thank you so much for rescuing Gloria.
HITCHCOCK: Gloria is Scully's girl.  And by girl I mean toilet seat.  She's in the stall right next door to Mable.
SCULLY: Anyway, sorry you haven't seen us lately.  We've been getting... reacquainted.
HITCHCOCK: We're here now though!  So can you please catch us up on your game so far?  Give us the full debriefing!

My friends! It appears you started paying attention to this game at the same time I did.

Long story short:
I attempted to rally the 4 BAUs against the 3 SVUs, voting for Judy (SVU)
Jake (BAU) wanted to go after Lucifer (also BAU) so I tried to continue to push Judy but make allowances for it being Lucifer by making it clear to people that I wouldn't be entirely against voting for him.
I went to sleep for the night and someone tipped off Lucifer that I'd put his name out there. And suddenly it's 4-3 at best, with me going home. Jake and Penelope are allies but I don't get the feeling that Jake at the very least (and probably Penelope too) are so locked into being my friend that they'd risk their games to save me.
So I tried to go to Judy and tell her I was being forced to Tiger her out, but it turned out she already had the tiger. But we had an open discussion about options and she seemed willing to go after Jake or Penelope. I tried to make out that I was this extremely loyal person by standing by Penelope and going after Jake.
Then I talked to Poirot and it was pretty clear he was after a unanimous vote. Lucifer wouldn't talk to me. And Lennie told me my messages were terrible and that it didn't make sense for him to keep me.

So then I made a fake idol and told Jake I was idolling out Lennie, because Jake/Lennie were (I thought) super close and he'd leak it and they'd change the target. But Jake was on board and didn't leak >.>
So then I had to fill in Penelope too because otherwise that looks suspicious and suddenly they're both in for a 6*-1 on me. Which obviously is just going to be a 6-1 on me but I can't tell them that because this fake idol is my last chance.
So then I overact to get the paranoia to set in everywhere in the hope that that will make people split votes, and hopefully *that* will make my team split votes. But now I've got to sign off for a bit for the whole overacting bit. I also can't message anyone on the other side because then they'll know I'm looking for options and that doesn't look like I have an idol.

So yeah I'm going home. But maybe not! Please paranoia god do your work

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2020, 02:23:37 pm »

My friends! It appears you started paying attention to this game at the same time I did.

Long story short:
Jake (BAU) wanted to go after Lucifer (also BAU) so I tried to continue to push Judy but make allowances for it being Lucifer by making it clear to people that I wouldn't be entirely against voting for him.
I went to sleep for the night and someone tipped off Lucifer that I'd put his name out there. And suddenly it's 4-3 at best, with me going home. Jake and Penelope are allies but I don't get the feeling that Jake at the very least (and probably Penelope too) are so locked into being my friend that they'd risk their games to save me.
So I tried to go to Judy and tell her I was being forced to Tiger her out, but it turned out she already had the tiger. But we had an open discussion about options and she seemed willing to go after Jake or Penelope. I tried to make out that I was this extremely loyal person by standing by Penelope and going after Jake.
Then I talked to Poirot and it was pretty clear he was after a unanimous vote. Lucifer wouldn't talk to me. And Lennie told me my messages were terrible and that it didn't make sense for him to keep me.

So then I made a fake idol and told Jake I was idolling out Lennie, because Jake/Lennie were (I thought) super close and he'd leak it and they'd change the target. But Jake was on board and didn't leak >.>
So then I had to fill in Penelope too because otherwise that looks suspicious and suddenly they're both in for a 6*-1 on me. Which obviously is just going to be a 6-1 on me but I can't tell them that because this fake idol is my last chance.
So then I overact to get the paranoia to set in everywhere in the hope that that will make people split votes, and hopefully *that* will make my team split votes. But now I've got to sign off for a bit for the whole overacting bit. I also can't message anyone on the other side because then they'll know I'm looking for options and that doesn't look like I have an idol.

HITCHCOCK: ...
SCULLY: Did you know Hitchcock can sleep while standing up?  Don't take it too hard, I found this update very enjoyable.  But after three sentences, Hitchcock's attention span gives out, and then he thinks about eating a lot of wings, and eating a lot of wings always makes him tired...  Mmm, wings...

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2020, 03:53:47 pm »

Long story short:

HITCHCOCK: ...
SCULLY: Did you know Hitchcock can sleep while standing up?  Don't take it too hard, I found this update very enjoyable.  But after three sentences, Hitchcock's attention span gives out, and then he thinks about eating a lot of wings, and eating a lot of wings always makes him tired...  Mmm, wings...

If you wish for three sentences or fewer, go ask someone who isn't insane.