Author Topic: Welcome to your confessional!  (Read 1950 times)

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to your confessional!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 10:03:36 am »
On the game talk front, it's pretty much the normal stuff - who's good to talk to, who isn't, likes and dislikes, who you wouldn't vote for etc. Just much, much slower than your average game - everyone seems to be taking messaging super slow this game so I'm matching that and sending people about three messages a day on average. Gotta blend in and go undercover

this is where I would post the gif of that wolf cop putting the sheep outfit on in Zootopia but fortunately for you I can't find one so you get to see my handsome face again instead

And the secret to maintaining a high level of charm is to talk about things they're interested in and continuously post great gifs. Oh and having a smooth sexy voice and natural good looks help a lot too ;)

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 10:12:05 am »
scuse me ZPD officer coming through to give more reports

Chan has created a group chat with myself, Rust and Chase which was a bit out of left field for me; he didn't mention it in advance at all. After further enquiries it appears to have been a result of Rust pushing him to do it. Regardless, it's fine by me - that seems like a pretty solid alliance and I think I'm one of the less threatening players in there (behind both Rust and Chase - Rust is a huge gamebot with social skills and Chase is a huge socialbot with game skills) so lots of threat to hide behind if this group sticks.

Pikachu mentioned that Kate had been discussing alliances, which was a surprise to me as she has only been talking history podcasts with me. So I suspect there's something going on there, probably with Kate/Penelope/Pikachu but I'm unsure whether Penelope/Pikachu are in on it. I would not be surprised to learn that Rust has a hand in it too if that's the case, but even if so I doubt it's his primary alliance. Kate's name is still being thrown around as an easy boot and I suspect that'll be the way things go in order to keep tribe unity if we do go to a tribal.

Penelope has given me almost nothing, which is worrying. I think I have good relationships with every other player here, but not to the point that I'm anyone's #1. Which is a weird feeling for me, because my playstyle is usually find a buddy to go the distance with as early as possible, but I think I'm content changing things up a little on that front and trying to stay a bit detached and under the radar. Can't be undercover unless you keep a low profile!

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 10:15:19 am »
Nick Wilde's opinion of people report card

This is the coolest person
Nick

These are cool people I like
Chan
Rust
Chase
Pikachu

These are uncool people I don't like
Penelope
Kate

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 10:18:36 am »
Part 2

These are big scary threatening players
Rust (transparently so, is going to be the big scary threat that nobody will ever let get to the end because of how obvious his win would be)
Chase (socially good might be able to keep a low profile, which makes him more scary)
Penelope (with other people, hasn't put in much effort with me)
Pikachu (he's like the coolest guy he has a lego charizard)

These are people who aren't scary at all
Chan (mostly harmless)
Kate (probably already dead)

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 08:55:17 am »
Top Ten Things Nick Wilde Hates

10. Deputy Mayor Bellweather
9. Being patronised
8. Fox Deterrent
7. Fox Repellent
6. Fox Tasers
5. People who carry any of the above
4. UFOs attached to targets
3. Strings attached to targets
2. Springs attached to targets
1. Level 5 of that goddamn stupid target game argh

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2020, 05:53:51 pm »
Congratulations on immunity - you're now in the top x-teen! Your safe for another round and I figured I'd take your pulse. Did your ranking of your favorite tribemates change in the past couple of days?

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2020, 02:38:02 pm »
Thank you! Definitely worth killing my wrist for :P

It hasn't changed a lot in terms of who I like and who I dislike, but I can be more precise on the exact ordering in the likes/dislikes:

The best person on the tribe
Nick Wilde
-
-
Chase
Pikachu
-
Chan
Rust
-
-
----------bad line of dislikingness, people under here are officially disliked------------
Penelope
-
-
Kate
The worst person on the tribe

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2020, 02:41:39 pm »
To be fair to Kate, she's not really disliked as such (at least by me). I think some section of my brain has gone 'ah well she's kinda difficult to talk to and she's the easiest vote so she must be at the bottom of my rankings' but she's making an effort to regularly talk, which is better than Penelope (and actually better than me at the moment too).

Chase and Pikachu are just fun to talk to and are my favourite people right now. Chan I had a fun conversation with and I think connected the most with off the bat, but he's abandoned normal press at least with me since setting up this group chat, which has dropped him a little in the rankings.

I'm still convinced Penelope will be a social threat if/when she properly shows up.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2020, 02:43:53 pm »
No qualms to your opinions, I just wanted to see where your head is at, and to see whom you would be interested in looking at for allies or enemies. In addition, who knows how the wind blows in the future, so seeing where you are here and where you are at the final tribal council is very interesting.

Since you're immune, have you implemented any strategies to solidify your social status?

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2020, 02:45:34 pm »
Pikachu mentioned that he liked Penelope, so I pitched him on an alliance of five (myself, him, Chase, Rust, Penelope) while also mentioning that my experience with Penelope hadn't been amazing. He suggested making it just the four (minus Penelope) which I was very fine with, then he went and pitched it to the others. Although I think he pitched it as my idea, and I pitched it as his idea, so that's a bit of an issue and something I should've probably just been straightforward with.

Regardless, if it sticks, I'm in a good spot with two overlapping alliances that are unlikely to target each other. But plan #1 is just not to lose immunity, so I never have to find out whether those people are serious about those alliances or not :D I imagine they will be if it comes to a swap.

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2020, 02:49:23 pm »
I think I'm still solidly middle of the pack when it comes to threat level and that's where I want to stay. I've been fairly inactive, which I hope doesn't come back to bite me, but it's kind of necessary because my conversation goto is game talk and when I talk game I tend to start becoming a fairly obvious threat.

Speaking of which, I realise I missed Rust out of my general overview. He's gone full gamebot and is only talking game now. Definitely my kind of guy and the kind of shield I want to take along with me (he's even talking about using Chan as a shield at a swap, which is so bold and gamebotty I love it), but I don't feel the same kind of friendliness with him as with Pika/Chase.

Anyways, as long as I keep my head down a bit I should be fine. That's my strategy for now!

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2020, 06:38:30 pm »
What's your thought process going into this challenge? Are you optimistic about your chances of doing well?

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2020, 11:37:36 am »
Zero confidence whatsoever. Absolutely zero. I have no clue what these people will label themselves and I'm wishing I'd sat this one out. Touchy Subjects is historically my absolute worst challenge; I've managed to come in last behind people who were actively throwing when I was trying before.

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2020, 05:17:39 pm »
Woah. I got five points! That was five more than I was expecting. And safety again.

Is safety a good thing? Yes, yes it is. Although it definitely means we're not getting as good of a view on our tribe dynamics as the other tribes are.

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2020, 05:18:14 pm »
I freakin love that Carrots is exactly the same as me but with brains instead of muscle. We're going to be the best duo when we link up.