Author Topic: Welcome to your confessional!  (Read 1952 times)

Holly Short

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome to your confessional!
« on: January 01, 2020, 01:47:45 am »
Oh my! Who do we have here? A new officer joining the ranks?

Well thank the fairy heavens for that! The last new recruit we had was Sherly and he’s still bumbling about thinking of himself as a consulting detective. Pff!

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes!

Welcome! We’re excited to have you here.

This is your confessional, where you can post whatever you want. Your thoughts, your ideas, your deepest, darkest feelings! No evidence can be used against you here.

Please make a post in this thread to confirm that you’re still up for the task of joining the force. I wish you the best of luck!

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to your confessional!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 09:42:31 am »

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 09:49:28 am »

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 10:09:42 am »
If any aspiring officers want tips on how to make a good application, here was mine:

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 10:10:21 am »

I was going to idol hunt but I may have gotten distracted and sent everyone in my tribe this gif instead

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 01:07:33 pm »
What up Nick? How are you enjoying the game so far? Any strategies you have in mind?
How did you think the first challenge went?

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 05:46:40 pm »
I'm just gonna use that signature Wilde charm on everyone

Game has been fun, I enjoyed that challenge! But I don't really have a strategy yet beyond charming the pants off'f anyone who'll let me. Hopefully by this time tomorrow I'll have a better lay of the land and can start planning properly.

First challenge went... okay. I feel like it could've been a lot faster, but we still worked together well and that was important for morale and for giving things to talk about. I guess we'll see how well it compares to the others in a couple days :D

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 06:08:10 pm »
I, for one, love good memes. Please keep up the good work, Officer!

Let me know if any of your tribemates have fallen victim to your charm.

Scooby-Doo

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 01:06:09 am »
You can't solve this all by yourself, with out a raggy who would be your second in command?

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 04:07:35 am »
Is there really any question? I'm not sure Carrots would let me choose anyone else :P

If it had to be someone on my tribe, I'd still be far too unsure to pick. Everything seems a little more quiet than usual; I'm hoping that's just cause everyone's taking the extended phase a bit slow. Chan likes my gifs so that's a big plus in my eyes :D

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 04:33:06 am »
Initial Reconnaissance Report

Filed by Nick Wilde, ZPD

Suspect A - Kate Macer

Suspect appears at first inspection to be something of a traditional gamebot. Initial recon suggests that this player will be a late premerge or early merge boot; a player good enough on the social front to not be immediately targeted, but who will not have the friendships necessary to prevent being an easy boot after a swap or a merge.
Further Action - Buddy up, but prepare to evac if the situation worsens. Definitely cannot be a longterm option.

Suspect B - Detective Pikachu

This little critter appears cute and harmless, but it's uncertain that their cuteness will translate to survival. Doesn't appear to be great on the social front and feels like an early boot, but this is one day's impressions and could change. Could be a good longterm option if he can survive the earlygame, but that seems unlikely.
Further Action - Continue to stay in good books but don't press for suspect to stay if the easy vote settles on him

Suspect C - Penelope Garcia

Appears to be the most traditionally social player on the tribe, although this is based on not many messages. Seems like the tribe member most likely to go the distance, along with Rust. Unlikely to come under any real pressure anytime soon.
Further Action - Keep a very close eye on, try to form some kind of alliance with but be constantly aware that suspect will have plenty of other options.

Suspect D - Rust Cohle

Suspect seems like a well-balanced mix of social and strategic, and is likely the strongest player on the tribe. Appears to underestimate how likeable they are. Difficult to read how trustworthy they may be, but initial feeling is that they could make for a great partner. Likely to go the distance either way.
Further Action - Push conversation towards game ASAP. Scout out possibility of becoming suspect's #1.

Suspect E - Chase

Solid social player at first look, although carries a little awkwardness in conversation. Difficult to read how active suspect is on the game front. Potential ally material, but more needs to be found out about suspect's relationships with the other players.
Further Action - Try to push conversation towards feelings on other players. On the social front, continue charm offensive.

Suspect F - Chan Ka-Kui

Officer personally likes this suspect the most thus far. Potential social threat but in a very subtle way; suspect is extremely likeable without saying a whole lot. Unclear how strategically minded he is, but unlikely to come under any pressure early.
Further Action - Continue to buddy up, try to talk game and figure out relationships. Figure out if suspect is being relatively quiet with other players also.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 10:03:26 am »
Your recon report gives you strong merits. You're in line for a promotion!

How would you rank your favorability with your tribemates and what is your strategy to bring them to your side?

Nick Wilde

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 02:50:32 pm »
I think I am going to have to update that Recon report a lot; I've finally gotten to game talk with a bunch of the players and am re-evaluating things quite a lot. The main thing is that Kate appears to be an immediate target rather than a later one - nobody really seems to want to hide behind a gamebot - and Pikachu is being a lot more social with other players than he was being with me, so he's very unlikely to be an early boot.

It seems that Rust has charmed basically everyone already and I'm not sure a partnership with him would be on particularly even footing, so I'm starting to look a lot more seriously at partnering with Chan instead. We've had a great conversation in my eyes and he seems to have a much lower profile, and not be quite as universally adored.

As for where I am favourability-wise, I'd say most of them have me somewhere in the middle of the pack, which is exactly where I want to be. Rust actually outright told me I was in the 'goldilocks zone' of not being so sociable that I'm a threat, but being good to talk to, which was... a bit of a backhanded compliment but hey, it's what I'm going for and I'm glad he's being honest about not seeing me as the most social out there :D For now I'm just going to try to direct things towards game talk with every player while keeping up some background small talk, make them feel like they can trust me due to intel sharing. And I'm probably just going to push the narrative of this easy vote on Kate, since it keeps the tribe strong and everyone will likely agree.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 05:21:17 pm »
What sort of game talk are you keeping up with? Since these episodes run a bit long, I wouldn't know how to fill the dead time.

Finnick

• Spectator
  • #blm #acab
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 05:48:07 pm »
how do you maintain a high level of charm at all times?