Author Topic: Episode 2: Jenny On The Block  (Read 2284 times)

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 2
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2020, 12:48:13 am »
You can tell which players and specs haven't read the source material by seeing who calls him "Hercule" and who calls him "Poirot".

MS already has a Hercule; he was perfect and Kawazu didn't want him to die.

Holly Short

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2020, 02:39:26 am »
Unfortunately it seems the 99th Precinct have been looking for ANY excuse to take Jenny out and as soon as Quentin actually starts engaging with people they're all like I WANT JENNY BLOOD.

Quentin does seem to be doing a great job of making people think he's going to be an asset to them in the future though.

Holly Short

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2020, 02:41:18 am »
I expect he would even pretty easily rise above Cheddar in the tribe hierarchy if he keeps this up.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2020, 06:58:38 am »
Unfortunately it seems the 99th Precinct have been looking for ANY excuse to take Jenny out and as soon as Quentin actually starts engaging with people they're all like I WANT JENNY BLOOD.

Quentin does seem to be doing a great job of making people think he's going to be an asset to them in the future though.

I'm really mad about this. Even if you have a negative nancy, gamebotting is a core survival skill. It's too bad that strength players in online survivors aren't given more weight (probably because there's no reward challenges that prevents you from dying). This is just acquiescing that you are okay with someone just peace-ing out without any respect for other players and the game, as long as you beg and apologize right before you get voted out.

Phoenix Wright

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2020, 07:02:23 am »

I'm really mad about this. Even if you have a negative nancy, gamebotting is a core survival skill. It's too bad that strength players in online survivors aren't given more weight (probably because there's no reward challenges that prevents you from dying). This is just acquiescing that you are okay with someone just peace-ing out without any respect for other players and the game, as long as you beg and apologize right before you get voted out.

gamebotting ? negative nancy? strength player???? wtf does that mean? x)

Alexandra Cabot

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2020, 07:06:53 am »

nah, if someone's overplaying and giving off shady vibes, the grave's half-made. quentin isn't long for the game if he continues to be so lacklustre obviously (he'd be a clear swap boot for one, with all those formed relationships and him still not putting in to the same extent), but the reasoning that e.g. grouch is putting seems valid enough

Alexandra Cabot

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2020, 07:08:49 am »
i think it is fairly telling that a clear boot was available and has historically gone through, and that the tribe nonetheless isn't going that way

but no it is frustrating in any case, even if it all seems fairly well-reasoned
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 07:17:42 am by Alexandra Cabot »

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2020, 10:03:11 am »

nah, if someone's overplaying and giving off shady vibes, the grave's half-made. quentin isn't long for the game if he continues to be so lacklustre obviously (he'd be a clear swap boot for one, with all those formed relationships and him still not putting in to the same extent), but the reasoning that e.g. grouch is putting seems valid enough

Yeah, like I'm sad about it, because Jenny just...isn't doing what they think they're doing, but given having seen/been in games, it makes sense to vote for the perceived chaos cannon over the non-entity, especially if [redacted] is who I think it is. Though I also don't think Jenny would be [redacted] so *shrug*.

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2020, 10:18:40 am »

gamebotting ? negative nancy? strength player???? wtf does that mean? x)

gamebotting - talking exclusively game with with people

negative nancy - basically Jenny was like "yo it wasn't that close" when talking about losing the challenge and being like "i'm not answering tribal questions", but like actively pointing that out is considered bad manners

strength player - just someone who is good at challenges/physically strong in real survivor

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2020, 10:20:59 am »
Gamebots are perfectly fine, but they still need to connect with other players in a way that makes them feel comfortable about working with a gamebot.

Like, in Medevac Island CGI Brett was a lot of fun once we learned how to actually communicate. But both of us had to put in the effort.

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2020, 10:22:20 am »
speaking of players being whatever person, i think there are multiple players on green tribe openly factoring id guesses into their decisions? which is, really odd?

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2020, 10:30:23 am »
it feels kind of cruel sometimes when you get a reaction to something like jenny throwing poirot's name out in this way, that's only treated as NOT OKAY KILL IT WITH FIRE WHAT A BAD MOVE because she's already on the bottom. If, say, Lucifer did that, he could get away with it. obviously that speaks to her failure to develop trusting relationships i guess, but i'm not sure it's reasonable to pretend this is somehow heinous and makes her less trustworthy if your name isn't poirot.

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2020, 11:07:51 am »
speaking of players being whatever person, i think there are multiple players on green tribe openly factoring id guesses into their decisions? which is, really odd?

I don't really think that's accurate at all. Poirot has been liberal in making guesses but that's very different from them informing decisions. The closest you get is a reference to a past game in grouch's confessional, but that's not really an ID guess influencing play, that's past game experience and player archetypes influencing play which is... what you expect. It's a fine line but important to distinguish

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2020, 11:13:30 am »
I'm not gonna give exact numbers but it is amazing how many wrong guesses are out there.

The prize for worst guess goes to whoever thought Nick Wilde might be Klick. I love Klick, but I'm not casting a man who was literally on the mod team for a year.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2020, 12:28:57 pm »
I'm not gonna give exact numbers but it is amazing how many wrong guesses are out there.

The prize for worst guess goes to whoever thought Nick Wilde might be Klick. I love Klick, but I'm not casting a man who was literally on the mod team for a year.

-1 would like to see Klick in Survivor.