Author Topic: Power Rankings & Grades  (Read 1748 times)

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
Power Rankings & Grades
« on: June 30, 2020, 03:52:11 pm »
So usually someone does some sort of edgic or other things during these games but, I'm not exactly that good at Edgic so instead I'm going to try and do some power rankings and grades. Note these will not always align, power rankings are meant to assess who is "on top" of the game at the given moment while grades aim to asses how well people are playing the position they have. You can easily be dominant player but playing that position poorly, or someone on the bottom who is playing it well. I hope to do these every 2 or 3 rounds, basically whenever a big shakeup happens, I'm just doing it early here because it seems pretty cut and dry what is happening this round, though "anything can happen in survivor". Please note these are all my opinions and as such are not objective by any means. Anyway, let's get to it.

Note: I didn't see the favoribility rankings before I started this up.

Round Number: 1
 Rank 21 - 16
21. Ace Ventura: Ace is likely being voted out this round. They don't have too many strong relations and no one is willing to save them, nor are they super aware they're being vote.
Grade: D
Ace managed to make a few good first impressions and could have easily supplanted Hannah as the vote this round, or grab a hold of an alliance that would protect them. However instead it seems they failed to keep up with everyone and will be voted out as a result.

20. Quentin Lance: Quentin is one of the two people on the bottom of Green Tribe and seems to just, not be their. They have minimal influence and haven't sent a lot of messages at all in the game.
Grade: D-
Quentin might survive a tribal on their tribe, but it won't be from their own efforts unless they pick up the messaging.

19. Officer Jenny: Another likely boot on green tribe, the vote between them and Quentin will be close and easily may go over them.
Jenny is trying but doesn't seem to have much tact or awareness of how to message. We've seen numerous complaints of both their public remarks and their PMs where little has gone on. Even worse, they don't seem to be aware of this deficiency, which will be very problematic. The first step to getting out of the bottom is knowing you are on the bottom.

18. Hannah Wells: If Ace wasn't going it's highly likely that Hannah would be as numerous people have pointed out.
Grade: D+
They do seem to at least acknowledge they could be on the bottom but as noted in the quotes section, they seem to not be aware of how their personality is perceived at all.

17. Kate Macer: Probably in the worst position of red tribe, but not without friends. Pikachu has mentioned trusting them and they aren't seen as very threatening. However, Rust does seem to see value in them as a potential ally.
Grade: C-
Still they seem to not be impressing most people on the tribe and while Pikachu has noted them as trustworthy, that's pretty much the only person and once again, they seem not to be fully aware of this fact, but with numerous people willing to stick up for them, it's still an all right position so long as they end up on the right side of the vote.

16. Paul Blart: Third member of the blue tribe already. They seem somewhat uncconected on their tribe and I haven't seen much from them in terms of any sort of strategy or alliance. They also don't appear high on anyone's trust or favorite rankings, holding the lower middle aggressively.
There is a lot of room for improvement but they're in a perfectly fine position and they're only in trouble if they remain sedentary for a long time.
[close]

Rank 15-11
15. Penelope: Seems to be seen as social by most players but aside from Kate, lands in the bottom half of most people's lists, whether it is due to being untrusted or seen as too much of a social threat. While they might not be voted soon, they likely also won't have much influence over who goes.
Grade: C
Without more talk from them it's hard to justify anything above a C. They have awareness that they haven't been around a lot and have had people mention Kate's affinity for them. They could end up playing a very strong game but at the moment that has yet to be seen.

14. Pikachu: Early game they were also considered to be an easy boot but have since recovered. They still seem to be in the minority alliance but that could be flipped.
Grade: A-
Despite the power ranking Pikachu clearly has a good handle on the game. They know who they can trust, who they can't, and who is a big threat going forward. If they are able to get rust onside they can easily become the top of their tribe, while not seeming threatening at all. My only real complaint is I'm not sure if their read has transitioned into hard alliances, but that critique is minor.

13. Cheddar: Appears to be in the 5th spot on green tribe. Is well liked but not super tight with anyone, and has had the ire of Hercule without a tight alliance like Lucifer. Shouldn't be in trouble anytime soon but could be in trouble if they don't solidify something fast. Above Pikachu because they were never floated as an early vote.
Grade: C+
I haven't seen anything super special from Cheddar but it seems to be intentional for them to do it and while they have Hercule's ire no one else appears to have a problem with them.

12. Chan: Like Chase said, Chan appears to be in the majority on Red tribe, though based on Rust's confessional that might not hold for long. Still by default they appear to have a number of people who like or trust them.
Grade: B-
It's hard to give a super high rating to Chan since Chase said they "lucked" into a good position, but they still made exactly the moves they needed to go from what could have been an early boot spot to a spot in the majority alliance, even if it is on the bottom of said alliance. Time will tell if they will just ride this alliance or make another move to improve their position.

11. Lennie: In a strong middle of the road position on their tribe and doesn't seem to be overly hated or loved. However Scruff appears to recently be sketched out by things Lennie has said. Not sure if this will lead to their ranking rising or lowering by the end of the next round, but I expect there to be a significant change soon.
Grade: B
I'm not really sure if Lennie has done a lot wrong so far, they seem to be secure and despite sketching out Scruff, it seems it could easily stabilize. They also seem to be heavily analyzing the messages they get and their tribe, so if things take a turn for the worst they'll definitely know they are.
[close]

Rank 10 - 6
10. Lucifer Morningstar: Good news is that Grouch Cop is the most well liked on their tribe, but Poirot is annoyed at them and they don't seem to be Judy's most beloved and are the cutoff for Cheddar's considered allies.
Lucy has done a good job of not being in the spotlight but being protected, but has openly stated they don't want to make an alliance when people are clearly being like "yo please offer me one". Like if someone says "I'm nervous about making the first move" that means you should make it. It can pay to be cautious but they'd be a lot more secure if they made an active effort to ally with Poirot or Judy or anyone else in the absence of being beloved. It's a singular critique but it is a major one.

9. Leon Kennedy: Seems to be in a spot where they're Scruff's right hand man but doesn't appear to have a lot of agency. They are protected and I don't think people go after them soon, but they are not pulling the strings on their tribe, that is for sure..
Grade: B+
For a new player, they've done really well to get into a position where people generally like them and want to work with them and at this point in the game that will do them well. They also have a good idea for an alliance of 3, and aren't on most people's radar. I think the only reason this isn't an A is because I'm unsure how tightly Jake will hold onto them as a "secondary ally", if they were a primary with both Scruff and Jake it would be.

8. Nick Wilde: Appears to be in the majority on red tribe, and has the trust of Chase, which is good. They also are apparently in the "goldilocks zone" of social/strategy which is also good for them. No one wants to take a swing at them but still no one is dying to protect them. Penelope had them in the bottom half of who they liked, which means they might not be seen as a super good ally and are the most feared by the electric mouse.
I'm not sure whether Nick will end up being a very big threat who can win the game, or a paper tiger who seems threatening but will go down easily. They appear to know that Rust is too big of a threat for them to be on equal footing and have a generally strong game sense, but still the desire of people not in "the majority" to not trust them is not a good look.

7. Judy Hops: I'm pretty sure Judy is universally well liked on their tribe and I haven't seen anyone complain about them in fact, they got praise for Poirot, which is very good for them. They should walk out of their tribe with plenty of allies and should be pretty safe overall.
They must be doing something right, as they've said, but it's not clear what that something right is. More expounding on their position would raise this rating as it's clear they are playing well, but how much is intentional and whether they know where to go next is unclear at the moment. They did offer Poirot an alliance though,so they are clearly trying to advance their position.

6. Hercule Poirot: Poirot is a huge character, a huge character with a huge target who appears to be considering bulldozing the tribe. They clearly have an idea of what they are doing and a commitment to ze character zey are portraying zat is louable. However, they are not super trusted by Grouch or Lucifer and could fall into the "burns bright and fast" camp. As such I can't put them in the top 5.
They are a target, sooner or later they will receive votes, they have done nothing to avoid this. Still they clearly are good at explaining their point of view and clearly understand what makes someone an attractive or not attractive ally. Can that overcome everything? Maybe, but I usually find characters of this sort to end up falling just short if people don't just let them walk to the end.
[close]

Top 5
5. Chase: Chase appears to be in the likely majority of their tribe. Is well liked by the people outside the alliance and hasn't been identified as a huge threat by anyone really. They aren't the largest character and won't be the one to dictate what happens on their tribe (otherwise they'd be higher) but they are unlikely to go soon and I'm not sure what that pitfall will be.
Grade: A
Yeah I can't come up with any critiques aside from the fact that Rust seems more in the middle than on their side, but numerous alliances are being created with them in them and they are very fine with going along with it. A very good first round for them.

4. Jake Peralta: Well liked to the point where well, people point it out, aside from a copy/paste issue in their first message, people seem to like Jake. Leon likes Jakes, Scruff likes Jake, everyone seems to like them quite a bit, and more importantly, no one hates them. They still are second fiddle to Scruff, but Scruff is ridiculously dominant on their tribe.
They are playing well, it's quite apparent, and they have Dossiers on everyone which appear to be fairly accurate. Some people might have some suspicions of them, but they've mostly fallen away.

3. Rust Cohle: Clearly the strongest position on red tribe, they will determine how that very interesting tribe shakes out. They can side with either group since while they may be in some crosshairs, they aren't the primary target.
Still they are in crosshairs, some people don't trust them and while "wait and see" is intentional this nature might have sketched people out on them and could lead to their downfall if they don't pick up the pace. Still if it works out it will really work out and they seem very likeable overall.

2. Grouch Cop: I mean, everyone likes Grouch Cop on their tribe. Everyone also seems to want to listen to Grouch Cop on this tribe, or at least consider what they say and no one is thinking of targeting Grouch for it.
Yeah, maybe they came on too strong as the "everyone loves you" can end up going poorly if you lay it on too strong, but it appears they haven't crested into that territory even a little. They have a tribe where they can work with anyone and a number 1 ally who doesn't really have anyone who they want more than grouch and they are cognizant of how their position can go wrong. I have no complaints.

1. Scruff Mcgruff: Similar to Grouch but even more so, everyone really love McGruff and they can choose to flex this muscle whenever. They are the top of their tribe and the top of the game and no one really wants to change that. They have a solid number 1 who will follow them anywhere and no enemies.
Their only issue is they may be a bit to easily sketched out. They are nervous they may be voted out when they aren't anywhere close to it. This can lead to them playing overly cautiously when they don't need to or overextending when it isn't necesarry. As such I can't give them an A if they're gonna misread like that, but they still have set up an amazing network of allies and should be around for a while.
[close]

And that's them, feel free to give notes on format or anything else since this is my first time doing this sort of thing in specland and I want to improve it if possible.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 03:53:45 pm by Burton Guster »

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
Re: Power Rankings & Grades
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 05:12:01 pm »
Sorry, I'll try to get favorability out a little bit earlier for your rankings. This is a great idea.
Even though Scruff is being Mr. Popular, I think personally, I might make Groucho my #1 at this point. Scruff is doing great socially, but his paranoia tendencies makes me think that he doesn't trust his instincts and may sabotage his play later on. He's a strong #2 for me at this point. Groucho has a good read on his tribemates, he doesn't feel pressured into making big moves this early in the game and is doing great. I would also throw Hercule into top 5 on a personal whim because gimmicks are VERY hard to do well and people usually flop hard or being overbearing personalities. However, Hercule has mixed it well with good walls of PMs so that the veterans on the teams actually think rather favorably. My other impression from this episode is I feel kind of bad for Officer Jenny because although she is going a bit of a gamebot through the first challenge, I don't find her personality THAT overbearing to the point that all the other tribemates are complaining of her at this point. I think because they needed someone to vilify for an easy round boot, this made her a sacrifical goat. Otherwise, I think this series is going to be interesting with a good slow burn and great cast of characters. (My two cents, I also want Quentin in last place even though Ace is the boot. Being online for just one hour over the first three days of this game? Come on.)

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 06:15:51 pm »
Sorry, I'll try to get favorability out a little bit earlier for your rankings. This is a great idea.
Even though Scruff is being Mr. Popular, I think personally, I might make Groucho my #1 at this point. Scruff is doing great socially, but his paranoia tendencies makes me think that he doesn't trust his instincts and may sabotage his play later on. He's a strong #2 for me at this point. Groucho has a good read on his tribemates, he doesn't feel pressured into making big moves this early in the game and is doing great. I would also throw Hercule into top 5 on a personal whim because gimmicks are VERY hard to do well and people usually flop hard or being overbearing personalities. However, Hercule has mixed it well with good walls of PMs so that the veterans on the teams actually think rather favorably. My other impression from this episode is I feel kind of bad for Officer Jenny because although she is going a bit of a gamebot through the first challenge, I don't find her personality THAT overbearing to the point that all the other tribemates are complaining of her at this point. I think because they needed someone to vilify for an easy round boot, this made her a sacrifical goat. Otherwise, I think this series is going to be interesting with a good slow burn and great cast of characters. (My two cents, I also want Quentin in last place even though Ace is the boot. Being online for just one hour over the first three days of this game? Come on.)

No need to apologize, I should have waited. Coordinating the two so I can incorporate that data into my rankings sounds great. Also I do agree that Scruff's play is more likely to sabotage their game, that's why they received a lower grade than Groucho. Still they have a better position even if they may mess it up.

Hercule is a fair point, they are doing amazingly at mixing their gimmick with their play, and it is commendable, but my issues with their play lie more with them looming as large without mitigation. Still, doing a gimmick is an active choice and with me, you don't get bonus points for making the game harder for you but pulling it off. It does raise my opinion of them as a player a lot though, I do love it when people gimmick well.

Agree on Jenny, like they're clearing trying and they don't seem to know that what they are doing isn't working and that is just :(. I think the reaction is more of a "que?" reaction than anything actually against them though.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 05:27:42 pm »
My rankings from episode 2- I based mine on how interesting I found the characters, from their challenge game, PMs, confessionals, and impressions from the others.

1. (+1) Scruff McGruff: A, second episode as connsensus Mr. Popularity, plus no paranoia. Good improvement.
2. (+4) Rust Cohle: A, smart plays with tribe dynamics
3. (+2) Hercule Poirot: A-, not just gimmicks anymore as he is exploring long-term tribe management
4. (E) Jake Peralta: A-, solid player and everyone's best friend
5. (-2) Chase: A-, interesting teamwork discussions
6. (-5) Grouch Cop: A-, the tribal exposed some interesting factors that may be a detriment to long-term game
7. (+7) Paul Blart: B+, passing the Sgt. Exam was a boon.
8. (+5) Lucifer Morningstar: B+, good insights, but chickened out of easy plays.
9. (+1) Cheddar: B+, good understanding of team frameworks
10. (-1) Judy Hopps: B, a bit of personality showing through that was slightly off-putting for me. loves drama.
11. (E) Lennie: B-, didn't really do anything?
12. (-4) Detective Pikachu: C+, after a strong start, kind of went AWOL and didn't make an impression on me.
13. (+7) Officer Jenny: C+, finishing 1st in the challenge and going OTTN definitely put the spotlight on her
14. (-7) Leon Kennedy: C-, going from strong start to crashing - can't even be bothered to try hard.
15. (+3) Hannah Wells: C-, starting to learn how to PM others
16. (-4) Nick Wilde: C-, strong charisma from episode 1 didn't really carry over here
17. (-2) Kate Moser: D+, not a mover or shaker
18. (-2) Penelope Garcia: D+, interesting concept, but has huge stretches of non-factorability
19. (+2) Quentin Lance: D, MIA'ed and promised to be more active, lol
20. (-3) Chan Ka-kui: D, boring from spectator POV and few if any PMs

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 10:35:15 am »
Rankings from episode 3 - again, based on how interesting they are.

1. (+1) Rust Cohle - A, 1st in challenge, now looking ahead to first swaps to crush competition more
2. (+1) Hercule Poirot - A, great analysis of team dynamics that correlated well to challenge
3. (+4) Paul Blart - A-, people are gunning for him and he holds the idol. I wonder if he survives?
4. (+4) Lucife rMorningstar - B+, a great diatribe with his analysis of tribe rundowns, but is just missing that last oomph that would give him screentime
5. (+4) Cheddar - B+, cute and cuddly and ready to bear his fangs
6. (+10) Nick Wilde - B+, we're starting to see the player behind the fox as he's starting to dive down and think long-term
7. (+5) Detective Pikachu - B, the rationale for answer choices, LOL
8. (+7) Hannah - B, 2nd overall in challenge and is no longer a consensus boot - interesting to see if she pulls off
9. (+2) Lennie - B, while not contributing much in challenge, his Hannah dodge is very interesting
10. (-5) Chase - B-, average challenge performance and decent confessional
11. (-7) Jake Peralta - B-, biding time to make big moves
12. (-6) Grouch - C, mediocre performance in challenge and mediocre confessional
13. (-12) Scruff - C, fall from #1, mostly just protecting his bae Leon who is the worst, not contributing much to anything this episode
14. (-4) Judy Hopps - C-, big gap between 14 and 15. Here by virtue of just not contributing to anything interesting in hopes of being a pivot player
15. (+3) Penelope Garcia - D, went up by virtue of making one post, still missing for the most part
16. (+1) Kate Moser - D-, who?
17. (-3) Leon Kennedy - D-, once a standout favorite has become boring. 2 consecutive bottom challenge performance plus just squeezing onto a whim of Scruff to scrape by.
18. (+1) Quentin Lance - F, promised to be more active and broke it immediately 2 hours later, boring player
19. (+1) Chan Ka-kui - F, completely gone, only went up one because of a boot.

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 04:18:37 pm »
Round 3

Rank 19-15
19. Quentin Lance: Quentin managed to do enough to save himself over Jenny, though that was more due to people wanting any reason to vote for Jenny over but is still solidly on the bottom of their tribe with no alliances.
Can show up when he's in trouble but will need to actually do a lot at the end of the next round. If there's a swap they might be able to delay their inevitable vote out, but not sure beyond that.

18. Hannah Wells: It looks like Hannah will be going this round. Though it almost didn't happen, but Paul is wanted by Lennie and no one in particular wants Hannah around.
They almost made the comeback (and could technically still make one) and if they're expecting a swap it makes sense to just try and vote out Paul and survive to flip on their tribe, rather than try to flip the whole tribe. If Paul was more aware of the situation they might have joined forces due to their idol, but instead they bite the bullet. They did make the error of letting people know they knew they were on the bottom, which in most cases is fine, but with a swap on the horizon that says "I WILL FLIP ON YOU IN A HEARTBEAT" so, yeah, definitely a mistake.

17. Paul Blart: So Paul will survive this vote and seems to be wanted around by Lennie, which is good. However they aren't like by Jake and Scruff is more voting for Hannah over Paul. They do have that idol but it's unclear if they would play it.
Paul seems to be very out of the know, and will likely go down easily unless someone else decides to leak to him in whatever round they go home. They weren't aware of Hannah being the vote before and didn't know about Jake wanting them out. They're incredibly isolated but at least are playing the game.

16. Penelope Garcia: Evaluating people's position on the Red tribe is hard, but it appears to people that Penelope is the most "expendable" of the players. They don't appear to be in a majority alliance and at least from Chase's confessional, would be a likely person they'd try to target, which is problematic given how strong Chase's position is.
Still doing standard moves, trying to get Kate and them-self in good with Rust and if they were around a bit more might be able to solidify an alliance of four with those 3 and Pikachu. Still definitely need to do more in a swap situation.

15. Chan: Is a likely cut from their alliance but isn't going to be the first person out of red tribe it seems.
They've barely been around and if not for their previous alliance made, would be in serious trouble on their tribe. Instead they didn't have to be around and will be fine until a swap. Though a swap will likely occur soon.
[close]
Rank 14-10
14. Kate Macer: Seems to be seen as valuable by people on their tribe but seems like they inevitably get tossed away by their alliance.
I can't see how much Kate is doing but it seems the impression of them is similar to Chan, but they are seen as giving valuable information to Rust and as being a person Chase can count on. As such they are doing enough to be included by people, though I'd love to see more active play from them.

13. Judy Hopps: Judy seems to be distrusted by Lucifer and Poirot, Grouch still likes them but if such a reputation spreads later Judy could easily be seen as the person you can't trust with any information and that is not good.
Grade: C+
I mean sharing information isn't a bad thing, the bad thing is people shared that they shared information more than anything. Like Poirot is as guilty as Judy of such claims. I want to give Judy a higher grade since I don't see anything wrong with what they are doing, it's just rolling the wrong way, but if 2 of the 3 "big players" on your tribe don't trust you, you are doing something wrong.

12. Jake Peralta: Jake has really sullied a good position by being a bit too overeager to go after Paul. Sure he was talked down but now both Scruff and Lennie have sirens going off that maybe Jake isn't someone they want to go far with, which is not good.
Very similar story to Judy except I totally get why Jake is in trouble and well, it was a completely avoidable error. Going hard for Paul was not something that needed to happen and not worth risking a lot on. If people are lukewarm on any idea and you just push it onto Paul, good play, but that isn't the way that people seem to perceive it. Maybe C- is too hard since they did double back, but I think that's the only thing saving this from being a disaster for Jake, which would have been a D grade.

11. Pikachu: Pikachu is here mainly cause they haven't made a lot of mistakes. They don't seem to have anyone super mad at them that I can tell, but also don't seem to be the main squeeze of anyone with a lot of influence. Their position is completely fine but not spectacular landing them right about in the middle of everyone.
Similarly, unlike early on we haven't seen much more or heard much more from Pikachu. As such a standard C grade is in order.

10. Cheddar: I earnestly forgot Cheddar was in the game, which seems to be their goal. Being very UTR and moving on to the next round. They have fine relations with most of their tribe so yeah.
They're intentionally being UTR and I don't see how they go out, which is something I can easily visualize for everyone with a grade lower than them, so yeah, I think Cheddar might have what it takes to go far but I am not completely sold yet. Seeing more in their confesh would be helpful.
[close]
Rank 9-5
9. Leon Kennedy: It's tight between 9 and 8 but Leon seems to be in a position where they fall. Basically they're Scruff's right hand man and seem to have a good position but are in the "I don't really care" wagon on the vote and as such I can't gauge how much power they really have. I don't think much has change in their relations since last time, so their rank is the same.
They gave a pretty good read of what happened with the vote and what is going on on the tribe. It's all pretty standard and I don't really see where they messed up, but still something feels like they aren't super duper secure in a swap without Scruff and as such I'm keeping them in the B range.

8. Lennie Brisco: Brisco is moving up, Jake the person they have a problem with, is well, not in a good position and while they are view as a threat by Leon, Scruff trusts them. They get 8 over Leon mainly because it feels they've actively moved into about the same position as Leon whereas Leon has just held true.
They managed to not get in trouble for pushing Jake, a huge threat, and Jake doesn't want to cut them. They managed a good enough relation with Scruff that a move to sabotage Scruff's relations didn't backfire. They will likely have a lot of options in a swap and I don't see any mistakes with what they've done, though I'm sure if they picked the wrong people to confide in I would be raking them over the coals.

7. Lucifer Morningstar: Lucifer has moved up by not making any mistakes while Judy has. They've kept their relationship with Grouch and seem to be in an okay place with Poirot. I don't think they go anytime soon, but it's hard to argue they're in a better position than any of the people above them. Still Jenny going over Quentin shows they did not get what they wanted last vote.
Letting go of Jenny was probably not best for their game, but it kept their allies happy, which if they defended two hard could have been a major misstep. Fine play but nothing special here.

6. Nick Wilde: Assesing Nick is hard. I have the impression their position is good since people aren't hard going after them and they appear to be in the majority on Red Tribe, and yet they seem to be trying to be behind the scenes. Still things have seemed to go their way but without a TC that's hard to be sure on. Still few marks against them and we'll see what they can do in a swap.
Mostly what I said above. Is playing UTR well but I need to see a plan or main target in order to give an A range grade, even if it is one that they really want to just throw away. Keep your head down is fine but also doesn't result in a lot of votes at the end without good selling.

5. Poirot: At this point everyone is in a fantastic position so it's going to be splitting hairs on who is in the best spot. Still my read is that Poirot has a little less goodwill than Grouch Cop, but still has plenty of influence. They got what they wanted, which was Jenny going home, and they still are on good terms with everyone. I still think Grouch's mistrust of them from Ep 1 is what puts them here but if they swap away from Grouch I easily see them climbing the rankings.
Can't say much more than in their power rankings. Got what they wanted and have been one of the most fun players to read. Though I don't really factor entertainment into these rankings. Very curious to see what they do in the future.
[close]
Top 4
4. Chase: They could easily be in 3rd, but it seems Rust has more options on the tribe, though everyone seems to like Chase as well. Not sure what else I can say, it's hard to describe a dominant position beyond "everyone likes them and seems to have them in their plans.
Grade: A+
Had a plan to take out Penelope which I think would be very good for them, while also acknowledging that it may be difficult to pull off. Has a good view of how people view them and I see them going very far in the game, whether they stick with their alliance or not.

3. Rust: Rust still has the most options, with now Kate offering and alliance between them and Penelope. Like Rust has so many things they can do in a swap it's insane. They may have gotten called gamebotty and may be taken out for being a threat, but in the meantime things are looking up.
Only complaint is they don't seem to be planning on being a shield, which seems to be what everyone wants from them. However outside of that, being included in a lot of plans is very good.

2. Grouch Cop: Both of the top 2 have a lot of control over their tribe but Grouch seems to be more recognized as a threat than Scruff by everyone, so while everyone is following them, it's hard to say their position is better than Scruff.
So last round was incredible for Grouch. Jenny wasn't their main ally, it was an option for Lucifer. Quentin is now grateful for them saving them even if they didn't intend to pocket them. Like they solidified control over their tribe and no one got mad at them or even saw them as the one driving it. Cheddar made the group chat they wanted and they have sooo many options. Unfortunately early moves don't get a lot of credit at the end, but this shows they have a lot of potential.

1. Scruff: Yeah everyone loves Scruff, everyone does what Scruff wants and no one seems to be nervous about Scruff. Like seriously it's impossible to look at their position and go "this is bad", it's ridiculously good and dominant. Soon they'll run into other gods, but right now they sure are the main one and I wouldn't bet against them.
What Grouch did but this round. No one else is getting what they want except Scruff and sort of Leon and no one is mad at Scruff for it despite noting what they did. Like Scruff is ridiculously dominant and while I do hope to see someone challenge them, their prowess right now is undeniable.
[close]

Also Note all grades are for the most recent round not overall. I'm probably going to try and do those for those eliminated shortly, as well as some feedback and things to improve on.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 04:21:42 pm »
My Round 4 interesting players:

1. (+1) Hercule Poirot: A, Has cobbled together an impressive 4.5 person alliance where he is the most beloved among all.
2. (+2) Lucifer Morningstar: A, Ditched sinking ship tribemates to try to build alliances across borders and may be onto something interesting in episode 5.
3. (+10) Scruff McGruff: A-, Once again shows how strong he is socially with near universal praise.
4. (+5) Lennie: A-, Strong social start and member of key alliance
5. (+9) Judy Hopps: B+, Great analysis of social dynamic and interesting if she can become the leader of BAU
6. (E) Nick Wilde: B+, Starting to stir up interesting mischief in BAU tribe.
7. (-6) Rust Cohle: B, Couldn't devote much time and effort due to real-world circumstances but still remains a middling among tribemates
8. (-5) Paul Blart: B-, Hasn't realized that he is the key cornerstone for the secondary alliance in his tribe. Has good potential for power
9. (+8) Leon Kennedy: B-, Best performance since episode 1. Has started to use his social graces and grown more into his own. Hope he doesn't use this as a crutch.
10. (+2) Grouch Cop: C+, Great social start and good challenge performance. Minus points for ragging on the mods.
11. (E)Jake Peralta: C, Another week of taking the easy way out.
12. (-2) Chase: C, Going for easy boots and hasn't made big moves yest in new tribes
13. (-8) Cheddar: C, Trying to make waves with new tribemates may not have the results that it wants. Second-tier ally may be difficult.
14. (+1) Penelope Garcia: D+, moving up slowly just because people above are getting eliminated
15. (+4) Chan Ka-kui: D, moves to try to save himself here, but his attitude isn't very endearing
16. (-9) Detective Pikachu: D, little interactions with specs is fine, but also is rubbing new tribemates the wrong way as well
17. (-1) Kate Moser: D-, missing in confessionals, polarizing in PMs, not much contributions to the challenge
18. (E) Quentin Lance: F, oh look who is MIA again.

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 03:19:02 pm »
Okay so it is Merge, didn't do this for a long time but now everything comes together, so.

11. Pikachu: Pikachu wouldn't be here even an hour ago, but it looks like their plan to oust Jake has backfired due to Poirot leaking the idea and Jake having an idol. As is customary they are going out this round.
Pikachu has had a wild ride this game and I'm not sure how I'd assess it on the whole, as it seems that this elimination was inevitable, but props to them from going from the target of one alliance, to flipping the vote on the dominant player, to being the target of the other major alliance in the game. If them and Penelope were better at keeping talking to Jake the grade would be higher, though the result the same.

10. Lucifer Morningstar: Lucy has the issue of being the main squeeze of one player, Grouch, and if Grouch was the one running things or in a power position, that'd be great, but in the meantime that means that Lucy is someone who almost everyone else in their alliance is willing to see let go. IN fact they probably would have been the vote if not for the desire to vote out Pikachu for them aggressively going after Jake.
Lucifer has one real path to the end and that is hope everyone else is more of a target than them and use that to keep moving through the game. Still that will be a problem in the end. I'm also confused because while it is clear that a lot of people don't care for Lucifer, I have no idea why, cause the Lucifer we get in confessionals is honestly great and no one seems to make a post of a complete takedown of them, so maybe it will be enough to just not be the person people want gone most.

9. Leon Kennedy: Leon seems to be the other sides answer to Lucifer. Someone who seems to be the outside member with little influence who becomes the "safe vote" in a proxy war. It appears they handled the Grouch situation poorly as well, which only makes their survival harder.
Same position as Lucifer but at least the whole Grouch betrayal has an easily discernable reason for them being on the outs, that isn't how you make up with someone, not to mention not informing on the Cheddar vote was something that could have easily been fixed. We'll see whether his allies can keep him safe, since I don't think Leon has the experience to do it himself.

8. Jake Peralta: I mean clearly has targets on them and with the idol play, I'm not sure how much even those close to Jake will feel. Not being in the know on your allies' idol is not a good time, at least when they know they're playing it. Jake's target will just be too big and while that is good for a lot of people not Jake, that's very bad for Jake.
Good job sensing the vote and having someone tell them about it. But also they have overplayed in a way that makes them both unlikely to survive and get jury votes at the end, acting in a way that made Pikachu turn on them. But might be able to bulldoze back into a strong position in the game and maybe people will respect that?

7. Judy Hopps: Perennial loose cannon in the game, has been though of of a cut by their allies, but is currently likeable enough by enough people that time is a bit off. Judy will have a hard time avoiding that time, but for now everything is good.
Not afraid to try something, which is good, and certainly has the social game down, but their allies consider them a liability due to a chaotic nature. That's not good, but maybe something bigger will come up and they can hippity hop their way to the end. After all if a likable but transparently untrustworthy player makes the end, they still have a good chance to win if they show awareness of that.

6. Penelope Garcia: Well liked by most, has found the right allies, but Jake is going to be mad at them about the whole banding with Pikachu thing. Still if Jake goes first, Penelope should be able to last a while, even have a good winner chance. I don't she's anyone's number 1, but definitely in the top 5 of a good amount of people.
Mostly what I said above, she has a decent chance at the end but getting there will certainly require someone to throw away their current top ally, or have them die, and she doesn't seem to be "driving" things to just get what she wants at the end. Still she's making smart decisions and has no major flaws outside of Jake happening to have an idol and not quite selling that Jake wasn't their vote.

5. Grouch Cop: Yeah...I'm surprised Grouch is in the top half of rankings. Like at the start of this round I expected them to be DEAD, but alas, other people seem to have played the merge and they decided to sit back, and if they hadn't they would be dead. Knowing when not to move is just as important as knowing when to move. They still have to deal with Leon and Scruff existing, so they aren't in a dominant position, but have very good survival odds for a bit.
Still having to deal with the fallout of the Cheddar vote is the only mark on their grade and they've handled that as well as they can. The main issue is they weren't psychic enough to know Scruff and Leon had people they trusted more than them so it's barely their fault. Definitely a winner candidate but has a few people who are much scarier at FTC than them and they probably can't beat.

4. Rust Cohle: Pikachu is Rust's ally and that's why they are fourth. No one really wants Rust gone and they have the awareness to know they will need to flip in the future but now is not the time. If their ally wasn't the one paying the price well, then they'd be in an amazing position but instead their ally is going so I have to adjust rankings accordingly
Still their detached gameplay has payed dividends and Pikachu going is not really Rust's fault so *shrug*.

3. Scruff: Still has enemies but being out of the spotlight on the Merge vote really helps them out. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the vote instead of Jake barring that immunity win, but alas, Scruff is not and doesn't seem to be the most likely target for the immediate future.
Still could be playing a lot better and have fewer people who are willing to stab them in the the face.

2. Poirot: By far the most entertaining character and having a good feel on the game. Poirot is definitely a favorite this game and for good reason. While I certainly think the idea of being "too big a character to let live" is very true for them, I honestly believe they may be able to skate around enough. Pikachu going isn't exactly bad for them, in fact it might be the best vote for them this round, but I'm still nervous about whether they'll just get gunned down at final 4.
Haven't made their threat level dissapear, but is very cognizant of that fact and is trying to keep around shields and play the middle.

1. Lennie: Lennie just, no one has issues with. Literally everyone likes Lennie and they seem to have enough sway that they can do stuff if they want to, all without actually making anyone nervous. Like Lennie is probably the most likely winner of this game as is, since they can survive the destruction of either alliance due to their connections to Scruff and Poirot.
Honestly I don't think there has been any time Lennie has completely misplayed this game, they've been in a very secure spot and while they weren't top dog before I see it hard not to consider them that right now.

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 03:25:48 pm »
Quote from: Burton
4: Rust
3: Scruff
2: Poirot
1: Lennie

Oh hey look it's my entire draft team. :smug: