Author Topic: THE TAXMAN'S LEDGER  (Read 1319 times)

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
  • The Michael Jordan of being a sonofabitch
    • View Profile
THE TAXMAN'S LEDGER
« on: June 27, 2020, 09:48:05 am »
"Of course I've always taken a lot of notes. I mean you never know what the thing's gonna be, do you? A little detail somewhere way down the line makes you say: ah!
...breaks the case."

In this thread I will compile my notes on individual players, alliances, items, advantages and any other clues relevant to my journey in the game.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
Re: THE TAXMAN'S LEDGER
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 12:12:52 am »
Notes from the 12th Precinct - Day One

The social ones:

Penelope is strong with the social game.  Her PM title, "Hey Hot Stuff :)" is an invitation all by itself.  Flirtation is her style.  Even after I leaned into the pessimist philosophy of Rust Cohle she turned it into a come on. 
After looking through Penelope's wikipedia page, she is described as an optimist and dare I say it, opposite's attract baby cakes. Human consciousness may be a misstep, but I hope I trip and fall into your arms.

Nick Wilde has yet to send me a message without a GIF.  He has an easy charm about him.  He made a quick impression on others as well.  Pikachu is getting himself into maybe the strongest position on the tribe.  I highly doubt these two miss the boat on a majority alliance here.

Chase is in the middle.  I've exchanged the most messages with him out of anybody, and I don't doubt he's been equally chatty with everyone else.  He's not giving off a threat vibe, though I suspect he is actually one of the strongest players on the tribe.

The quiet ones:

Chan is enamored with some of the stronger social players. He has shown a paranoid streak already.  I've deliberately avoided strategic talks and my discussion with him about the legality of group PMs is the only conversation thread I'm carrying on that is even exploring the mechanical strategy of the game on a hypothetical level. 
i think using them since they are legal will be integral to success and im low key worried that im not in one yet

Kate is really short and blunt.  She might be the low hanging fruit here if we go to Tribal Council.  She did express a fondness for Penelope, but if she's giving Penelope the same sort of one-liners she's giving me I doubt that's a relationship Penelope will want to pursue.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 08:53:17 am »
Kate Macer is extremely forthright and get's straight to the point.  This alliance she's in is dangerous, but individually she's a valuable person to have around.
So, I have ended up in an alliance with Pikachu and Penelope.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 08:57:43 am »
Pikachu is already laying groundwork to target Chan, via what I've just heard from Nick Wilde.  Nick obviously doesn't know Pika has a deal with Kate, and I'm sure Penelope and Pikachu didn't foresee Kate just telling me outright they had this alliance going on.  That's why it's important to get to know how people play before jumping in bed with them.
I finally got talking a bit more to Pikachu and he's growing on me a bit. He also raised that Chan/Kate are the two players he's kind of unsure about and that he likes everyone else, which is great - obviously ideally we dodge tribal but I'm getting the feeling that it should be pretty easy to keep the whole tribe united should we end up there?

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 01:28:18 pm »
Chan initiated the first group PM that I'm a part of with Nick and Chase

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 08:23:36 pm »
This is a test

Do URLS look different from regular text?

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 04:00:33 pm »
Kate continues to provide great intel whether she means to or not.
Apparently, Nick he enjoys talking to you, but he thinks you're a little gamebotty.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 12:39:09 pm »
The profile stats page is a really interesting feature of these forums.  With only a fraction of the online time compared to his precinct mates I would hazard a guess that Quentin will be tonight's boot.  If he does survive I'm going to be really curious about the tribe dynamic.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 01:38:15 pm »
Online Time Log
July 2nd, 1:30PM board time

Chan Ka-kui: 7h 8m
Chase: 1d 2h 18m
Detective Pikachu: 16h 23m
Kate Macer: 1d 6h 47m
Nick Wilde: 14h 25m
Penelope Garcia: 9h 43m
Rust Cohle: 19h 30m

Cheddar: 20h 16m
Grouch Cop: 1d 9h 43m
Hercule Poirot: 1d 8h 33m
Judy Hopps: 16h 35m
Lucifer Morningstar: 1d 10h 41m
Office Jenny: 1d 3h 27m
Quentin Lance: 4h 9m

Hannah Wells: 9h 45m
Jake Peralta: 16h 36m
Lennie Brisco: 1d 1h 1m
Leon Kennedy: 13h 22m
Paul Blart: 17h 7m
Scruff McGruff: 23h 37m

Ace Ventura: 11h 16m

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 01:44:22 pm »
Can you post a screenshot of this screen for a user on another tribe?  I'm not gonna disable the feature because fuck it, this is a game about detectives, but I would like to know what non-admins see.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 01:46:04 pm »

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 01:46:48 pm »
Perfect, thank you.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 07:59:20 pm »
Officer Jenny was in the top 10 of all board accounts for online time.  Very interesting elimination.  I wonder if Grouch, Lucifer and Hercule are aligned based on being the three most active players on that tribe.  I'm very curious how Quentin figures into the power structure of the tribe with so little online time comparatively.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2020, 07:35:29 pm »
Nick Wilde initiated a group PM with myself, Chase and Pikachu.  For those keeping score at home we have two overlapping group PMs now, one with Chan and one with Pikachu.

This game will really get interesting later on when folks start leaking the lineup of various group PMs.  That'll be a fun puzzle to keep track of here in the ledger.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2020, 09:12:58 am »
Chan vs. Pikachu - what are there merits over the other?