Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 4517 times)

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
  • Facing a five-course meal of crime.
    • View Profile
General Discussion
« on: July 27, 2020, 07:07:42 pm »
For general discussion that doesn't fit within a specific Juror thread. Use this to theorize about what might happen, talk about possibilities in the future-- anything that Jurors normally do, just localized to prevent clogging up the individual jury forums and to make the place more organized.

Starting question, aimed at Pikachu:

Who do you think will be joining us here tomorrow? I personally think it's gonna be one of Penelope or Rust.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 12:23:43 am »
Anyway-- I'm more than willing to expand on my current Jury vote list.

Penelope - Played the first merge round pretty masterfully. Generally pretty nice and smart-- and if she gets through this, she'll have earned my respect for sure.
Rust - Less masterful gameplay-- but still pretty great to be around and probably one of my closest allies throughout this. Definitely a close second.
Leon - Claims he is a newbie which I don't really believe? At the very least, this probably isn't his first game. Either way, the opposition would have to be majorly dumb to let him get to the end.
Grouch - He's... been putting in work message-wise, and is at least good at repairing bonds and having influence over a group. Will probably get the opportunity to escape the terrible situation he is in and is the most likely of this top four to actually make it to the end.
Judy - Based on what's been said, pretty decent overall and still middling in my list. I don't know a lot about her game, though, so she'll have a lot of stuff to justify with me if she does end up making it to the end.
Hercule - Less flashy and open than Judy, but talks a bit more-- which is actually a detriment in this case considering he often doesn't contribute to the discussion at all and is poor at communicating his intent. Also has a relatively annoying gimmick to parse through.
Lucifer - Probably the person in the merge who talks the least. Would be willing to put him at least a bit higher if it weren't for the fact that he sent me one big message by the end of things that was longer than anything he had sent me in the entire game, and really disingenuous and clearly an attempt to get my vote at the end.
Jake - Not as great as he thinks he is. Tries to play the role of charismatic villain but just comes off as whiny and condescending. Will probably only get my vote if he does something big to change my perception of him or it's a final two.
Lennie - No chance. Really eager to burn bridges, only apologizes if he's forced to, and is still riding Judy and Hercule's coattails with the hopes of making a move in the endgame to impress the Jury.

At the very least, that's my take on everything.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 03:22:58 pm »
For general discussion that doesn't fit within a specific Juror thread. Use this to theorize about what might happen, talk about possibilities in the future-- anything that Jurors normally do, just localized to prevent clogging up the individual jury forums and to make the place more organized.

Starting question, aimed at Pikachu:

Who do you think will be joining us here tomorrow? I personally think it's gonna be one of Penelope or Rust.

I hope maybe Judy actually?

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 03:36:49 pm »
I don’t really have a ‘hope’ for someone joining us as long as it’s not a 12th. Chances of Judy going seem INCREDIBLY slim based on the way the game is going— but I wouldn’t be upset with it.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 03:39:53 pm »
Also... this tribal sure is entertaining from the Jury, isn’t it?

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
  • Welcome to Grouchland, now scram!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 07:59:32 pm »
For me, I don't think anyone is actually out of contention for my vote. There are people that I would rather vote for, sure, but I do not know if they will make it there. Even someone I had some issues with, like Jake, if he manages to get to the end in spite of his messy start, I could see a world in which I vote for him if he makes the right arguments. All I want is someone who does the best with the hand that the game dealt them, and had to talk their way out of trouble at one point or another. Even clutch immunity wins I'm down with, I just need there to be some kind of journey and growth. Luck isn't good enough. Also, I need people like Judy, Leon, and Jake to justify why ignoring people's PMs at any point during merge is acceptable. Half of this game is social, and if you didn't do fuckall with that or did it incredibly poorly, that's not a game I want to vote for. You can be an underdog, or UTR, or a more passive or reactionary player, and that is fine by me, I don't need someone to be active or have made #BigMoves, but you need to have had intention in all that you did.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 04:01:34 am »
Yup, that's pretty much my view on it as well. I'm basically willing to vote for anybody but Lennie at this point due to how badly he burned me in just a couple of messages after the fallout from the Pikachu vote. If anyone else is able to show that they got to the end on their own merits and not by riding another's coattails, or that they survived against significant odds, then I'd be willing to win. For me, following someone else the entire game and then cutting them at the end is not a valid strategy, it's just taking out the people who could claim that they had you on a leash. Right now I'm leaning towards voting for Penelope or Rust, but I could easily see my thoughts swinging to Lucifer if he reveals that he actually was a significant presence beyond that one long message he sent me half an hour before he died, or Jake if he owns up to the game he played. Leon and Judy also have some questions to answer and aren't totally exempt-- and considering I don't entirely buy Leon's newbie story, his pre-merge game isn't going to net him the win either if he does nothing in the postmerge to back it up.

Like... the only people that I was actively leaning away from voting were the bottom 3, but even then, Jake and Lucifer still have an easy path to my vote, which is still up for grabs depending on what sort of F3 we get.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 08:25:30 am »
Eh, I can buy the strategy of keep the meat shield til you can get by without them, I don't hate that. Probably because I've done it. I think if you can pull it off, it's a viable strategy, but you gotta pull it off, it's also very risky.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2020, 03:44:26 pm »
I need more drama

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 03:55:56 pm »
*smacks hands on the table* Where's our public callouts?

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 05:00:40 pm »
Eh, I can buy the strategy of keep the meat shield til you can get by without them, I don't hate that. Probably because I've done it. I think if you can pull it off, it's a viable strategy, but you gotta pull it off, it's also very risky.

I can understand that. I just don’t think it’s respectable because you’re not in the same position to slip by as an UTR player and it’s basically waiting the entire game until two votes at the end and hoping the Jury rewards it.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2020, 05:07:12 pm »
To each their own.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
  • Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2020, 05:19:07 pm »
Also, I need people like Judy, Leon, and Jake to justify why ignoring people's PMs at any point during merge is acceptable. Half of this game is social, and if you didn't do fuckall with that or did it incredibly poorly, that's not a game I want to vote for.
I was honestly just stupid busy. Most people were getting one message from me a day, and I was racking up sleep debt even managing that. You were pretty clearly not on my side and weren't ever going to be, so I knew I was going through the motions. That wasn't personal, I quite liked you when we were on the BAU tribe. Just bidniss.
Oh my god this is just like Die Hard!

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2020, 05:20:23 pm »
*smacks hands on the table* Where's our public callouts?
Why would I make public callouts when I can instead bid everyone a fond farewell? Honestly the only person who made it to the merge who I didn't like on a personal level was Judy, and that was mostly lack of effort on her part.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2020, 05:21:32 pm »
or Jake if he owns up to the game he played.
Please clarify?