Author Topic: Episode 10: Mr. Nick's Wild Ride  (Read 2884 times)

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 10
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2020, 12:32:56 pm »
this guy fucks fake idols.

Oh god if he goes through with the plan he is currently asking us about to make sure it doesn't break the rules, then this is going to be an amazing blunder by him for so many reasons.

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2020, 12:35:13 pm »
go on?

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2020, 12:42:27 pm »
go on?

He just posted it in his confessional.

Why It's Bad
1) It's the same puzzle that was already used in a previous LSG
2) There are no corporals in police departments.
3) The Tiger Idol post already said that there were no more promotions due to a hiring freeze
4) He's presenting this to the one person who actually did find an idol while on the same tribe as Nick
5) There are no corporals in police departments.
[close]

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2020, 12:44:05 pm »
6. if someone posts the solution to this the mods will just go "huh?" instead of "sorry you fucked it up"

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2020, 12:45:01 pm »
i think he can easily get away with 1 & 4 but the rest are definitely problems

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2020, 12:47:27 pm »
oh hm, he must be planning to only share a screenshot of it since otherwise it would breach id rules, never mind my addition then

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2020, 12:49:27 pm »
yeah there are a few solid confessionals this game but most of them are bad
You aren't kidding.  It's making me feel a lot less guilty about being a lazy spec.  So many fun things I could be doing with this account!

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2020, 12:52:33 pm »
oh hm, he must be planning to only share a screenshot of it since otherwise it would breach id rules, never mind my addition then
This is a grey area that we first ran into when DK was making his calendar idol in Super Survivor Bros. During that game DK asked if he could transfer ownership of the form to the mods to avoid ID rules.

We weren't sure how to handle it and  consulted the listmod.  We were told that, as we suspected, taking ownership of the form was not allowed because it granted too much of a feeling that the mods were actively participating in the fake idol.  Ultimately, we were told that DK could use the fake form but if we so much as suspected he was looking at what people actually filled out then the listmods would drop the banhammer on him with prejudice.

Since that was the listmod ruling then, precedent means that this form is allowed unless I hear otherwise.

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2020, 12:56:06 pm »
i don't agree with that ruling but ok

screenshotting it would still be a better idea for him imo

The Chief

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2020, 12:58:19 pm »
This is a grey area that we first ran into when DK was making his calendar idol in Super Survivor Bros. During that game DK asked if he could transfer ownership of the form to the mods to avoid ID rules.

We weren't sure how to handle it and  consulted the listmod.  We were told that, as we suspected, taking ownership of the form was not allowed because it granted too much of a feeling that the mods were actively participating in the fake idol.  Ultimately, we were told that DK could use the fake form but if we so much as suspected he was looking at what people actually filled out then the listmods would drop the banhammer on him with prejudice.

Since that was the listmod ruling then, precedent means that this form is allowed unless I hear otherwise.

To confirm, this continues to be the ruling, for a few different reasons. I'd like to find a way to formalize a mod-endorsed way to do it, akin to wrapping a real note around a fake idol on the show, but for the time being, this is the best way to do it, which has already previously been used.

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2020, 01:00:05 pm »
fwiw my suggestion would be to allow the mods to take ownership of the form (ideally by decreeing this is now how it works during a time between games) or not allow it at all

playing with "a ban if we suspect you looked" has so much room for subjectivity it would make me uncomfortable

Finnick

• Spectator
  • #blm #acab
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2020, 01:19:01 pm »
is it poirot that's getting the tiger idol and using it on himself tonight?

Finnick

• Spectator
  • #blm #acab
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2020, 01:21:33 pm »
NONOONONONONONNONONONONONOO

JAKE YOU NEEDED TO BE UNRELIABLE WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

fake idols require finesse
i dont think that's something nick has

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2020, 01:21:49 pm »
is it poirot that's getting the tiger idol and using it on himself tonight?
As of right now yes but if they suspect Judy is in danger he will unarrest and then Judy gets it.

Burton Guster

• Spectator
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 10: Mr. Nick's Wild Ride
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2020, 02:36:37 pm »
Petition to name the episode "It's Called a Hustle, Sweetheart"