Author Topic: E4 - "Death created time to grow the things that it would kill"  (Read 293 times)

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
  • The Michael Jordan of being a sonofabitch
    • View Profile
Another round, another immunity win.  Plenty of time for everyone to plant roots on this new tribe and grow alliances.

Nick has not had a strong start on this tribe, as far as I can tell.  He's getting time zone screwed to an extent.  I expect he'll be able to rebound.  As long as he succeeds in that, I'll start letting on to select few people that I feel closest to him of all my former tribe mates here.  I think it would be advantageous to be viewed as a strong but vulnerable player's pocket vote.  As I befriend other people it can create a situation where those players try to take Nick out so they can pocket me for themselves.  I could go a long way falling from pocket to pocket.

Conversely Pikachu seems to be getting the most traction of our former 12th Precinct here, perhaps with the exception of myself.  I don't really have enough context yet to know if he will prioritize staying with me and Nick or abandoning us to help strengthen new relationships.  I also remain ignorant as to the status of the connection between Pika and Penelope, beyond the early intel from Kate that an alliance of three existed between them.

I'm still keeping Penelope at arm's length.  It's not really her fault, she was just the last person in the 12th to try to lock something in with me and I didn't accept that offer.  She may be charming our new tribe mates for now, but I hope to present myself as a more malleable and enticing partner and eventually set her up to take a fall here.  I don't want to see all four of us former 12thers get off of this tribe unless we win out on immunity challenges.

Jake Peralta is great.  He's like a pulsing beacon.  He's going to be one of the Big Threats in the merge.  Scruff is his partner-in-crime and they're both going to great lengths to reel me in.  I've presented myself as only loosely connected to my former tribe and looking for new opportunities.  These two are an even better Power Couple to ride behind than Nick and Chase.  They're the ones I'll slowly reveal my Nick connection to, which will either lead to a four person alliance forming, or the aforementioned move against Nick to pick me up more securely as their number.

Grouch Cop is the best of the former members of the 99th Precinct, but it's not a tough competition right now.  None of them are trying particularly hard with me.  Lucifer and Grouch are both quite active and they clearly have the chops to be better PMers than they're showing with me.  My hypothesis remains that they feel good with each other, and they likely think they can align with the pair from the 27th to divide and conquer those of us from the 12th.  As long as I'm a survivor of that conquest it's not a terrible scenario for me.  I would come out of this tribe in a position of apparent weakness, an enticing pick up for another faction.  They would come out looking like power players, and become threat targets by merge.

Quentin hasn't PMed me yet, I'm going to ignore him for now.  He's been described as a poor communicator and the other two are letting people think he'd be an easy vote.  We'll see what comes of that, it could be true or it could be a smokescreen.  If either or both of the other 99thers have any sort of deal with him he's someone they'll see as a pawn they want to keep.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
Re: E4 - "Death created time to grow the things that it would kill"
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 03:28:36 pm »
New friends? New enemies? How would you rank your new tribemates in terms of favorability?

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 06:47:52 pm »
Upon my DQ from the Sergeant's Exam I shared it's existence with Nick.  He also DQd so we shared it with Pika.  I have also sent messages to both Jake and Scruff, who haven't been online since it went live, with an overview of my answering strategy so they can each try something different to solve it.

Penelope or Quentin getting an idol would be the most difficult outcome for me.  Grouch or Lucifer would be less problematic in the short term but I still don't want them to have that power in the long term.  Pikachu getting an idol is not ideal, but we are currently working together so it's better.  Jake or Scruff getting it would be best for me, because it will only make them an even bigger shield/coattail pair for me to ride behind.

Re: Heiji, Tribemate Favorability
Nick > Jake = Scruff > Pikachu > Grouch > Penelope > Lucifer > Quentin

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 06:49:27 pm »
Kate is an unfortunate elimination.  She would have been an interesting player to have around for merge, potentially beneficial to my game, and she was very likely a true newbie.  Always sad when a newbie goes out.