Author Topic: Épisode Dix-Huit: Ze Struggle to Survive  (Read 935 times)

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
Re: Épisode Dix-Huit: Ze Struggle to Survive
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2020, 10:29:05 pm »
I 'ave also only read two Agatha Christies since zis game began, Ze ABC Murders and Sad Cypress. Spending so much time with Poirot only makes me want to get cracking at zem again. Fourth place ees something to be proud of, but third place and first place are even better. Second place I am not 'ere for.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2020, 10:31:41 pm »
Thank you for posting, Scully and Hitchcock. I keep zis confessional mostly for myself, but eet ees nice to feel zat I am being 'eard and people are actually paying attention to what I 'ave to say instead of me just doing zis for no one.

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2020, 10:37:52 pm »
SCULLY: Me and Hitchcock are few.
HITCHCOCK: The specs are many.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2020, 10:34:39 am »
Or would you be fine if I play dirty? I can act like I'm voting Rust to Lucifer when in fact I'm voting for you, so he could vote Rust with you. That would force a tie, but in case you won't win in the firemaking challenge, Rust wouldn't be pissed off at me. Lucifer will surely be, but he's good at the challenges, so he'd probably take me to the F2 even though I played him. Would you be fine if this scenario would be played instead of voting for Rust with you?

Please, M. Kennedy, do zis. Please, send yourself 'ome.

'E says zat 'e feels like a shitty person, but I feel even more shitty manipulating 'im zis way. But eet 'as to be done. I need to survive.

I think threatening my Jury vote really shook 'im, which usually does not work, but in zis case eet was what I needed to do. Because 'e was counting on me to vote for 'im in ze end, and if I'm not doing zat, 'is path to victory looks pretty nonexistent.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2020, 10:35:49 am »
I don't think M. Kennedy realizes zat even in zis scenario, zere would be a revote anyway, but eet doesn't matter. If 'e pulls off zat plan, 'e will just go straight 'ome. Zere won't even need to be a revote.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2020, 11:01:23 am »
Well, I've decided to get you in the firemaking challenge. I'm promising you. Just please promise me you'll fight for me in the jury if you lose the challenge or the FIC if you win the firemaking. I'm trying to come up an excuse now on what I'll say with the possible scenarios of sending you and Rust in the firemaking challenge.

Do I believe eet? I'm not sure. Maybe 'e just ees tired of me messaging 'im and said zis to get me to shut up.

But mon Dieu, if I convince 'im to tie ze vote for me and 'e sends 'imself 'ome, I think zat 'as to be ze best move I 'ave ever pulled in a game. Do I think I still probably get third? Probably so. But I will 'ave earned zat third place finish, and zen all I would need to do would be to convince M. Morningstar zat 'e 'as a better chance against me, which I don't think ees 100% impossible? Zere ees a light at ze end of ze tunnel.

But I don't want to get my 'opes up. Maybe I am being voted out 3-1 and zis ees all just smoke and mirrors. But I truly am giving eet everything I 'ave, mes amis. I 'ave come too far to give up now. And if I survive zis without even 'aving to make fire, zat ees so impressive.

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2020, 11:10:52 am »
I think threatening my Jury vote really shook 'im, which usually does not work, but in zis case eet was what I needed to do. Because 'e was counting on me to vote for 'im in ze end, and if I'm not doing zat, 'is path to victory looks pretty nonexistent.
Sorry, did I miss this? And if not, can you elaborate?

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2020, 11:12:46 am »
I 'ave such a smile on my face just thinking about zis round. Zis ees ze most fun I 'ave 'ad in a game in a long time.

If I manage to survive eet, I suspect zat next round will be far more déprimant, but for now, I am relishing ze moment. And if I go, I am going 'ome in a blaze of glory worthy of ze formidable Hercule Poirot.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2020, 11:18:22 am »
I may 'ave forgotten to mention eet. Basically I am just telling 'im zat if 'e does not tie ze vote for me, I will never vote for 'im in ze, whereas if 'e ties eet, I would.

Quote from: M. Kennedy
I don't want that to happen. I've thought about this even before Lucifer won the immunity challenge and I've made up my mind about it. If you truly are a friend to me, even if I didn't give you a chance to compete in the firemaking challenge and understand where I'm coming from with this thought process, you'd at least vote for me in the jury. Help me out on here, Hercule. I know my decision doesn't benefit you but please Hercule, I'm begging you to at least vote for me in the jury or just put a good word for me. I would've done the same thing if the roles were reversed.

Quote from: M. Poirot
I'm not voting for you in ze Jury if you vote me out. If you think you can promise me firemaking for rounds, say zat you 'ave my back 100%, and zen not give eet to me and still get my vote, you are sorely mistaken. You 'ave 0% chance of getting my vote if you vote for me now. I promise you zat. I will still be your friend after ze game. I 'ave no personal animosity towards you. But ze way you 'ave treated me ees frankly not worthy of a vote.

If you still think you 'ave a path to win even without my vote, zen so be eet. I 'ope zat you play again and zat you grow as a player. I 'ave enjoyed playing with you. But you do not force a tie, you do not get my Jury vote. Zat ees ze situation. Zat ees really ze only card I 'ave left to play. And I think my Jury vote ees one of ze ones zat you 'ave ze best chance at getting.

Zere are other mentions of zis too, and zese are just parts of longer messages, but zat ees ze gist of our current dynamic. Meanwhile, I'm promising zat if 'e ties eet for me, I will not only vote for 'im, but I will convince every other SVU person to vote for 'im as well! Because of course I 'ave zat kind of power. But I think 'e believes eet at least enough for 'im to be shaken, since if zere was any vote 'e 'ad a chance of getting, eet was mine.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2020, 01:16:38 pm »
I think I 'ave pulled eet off? Obviously things can change in zese next 3 and a 'alf hours, but I 'ave put a lot of work in, and I think zere ees a chance I accomplished eet.

If not, and eet ees a firemaking challenge or I am ze fool getting voted out or even voting myself out in 4th place, zen so be eet. I probably wouldn't win ze firemaking against M. Cohle anyway. But just imagining ze shock ze whole Jury and M. Kennedy/M. Morningstar will feel when M. Kennedy gets voted out ees giving me everything I need to sustain myself. Zese are ze moments I play games for. I take my shots, and I might not always 'it, but I always take my shots.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2020, 02:48:21 pm »
Quote from: M. Kennedy
Yeah, hopefully, you'll win it. I figured that you winning it is the best case scenario for us, so please, win it. I'll put my faith on you again, so please don't disappoint like how you did this challenge.

Okay so I know zat I was not fantastique at ze challenge zis round, I was quite horrible actually, but if anyone 'as no legs to stand on when eet comes to calling out my challenge ability, eet ees 'im. I disappointed you? Well I'm sorry, maybe next time win eet yourself. Or wait, zere will be no next time, because you are going 'ome.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2020, 02:49:30 pm »
And yes I am a bit petty, being annoyed at zat when 'e ees already going 'ome, but really? You're going to ask me not to disappoint? When I'm ze one whose neck you think ees on ze line, and you think you're sitting pretty?

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2020, 04:49:55 pm »
If zis ees eet for me, mes amis, eet 'as been an 'onor and a privilege to play zis game. I 'ope zat I did Poirot justice and gave 'im ze representation 'e deserved.

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2020, 05:10:46 pm »