Author Topic: Épisode Quinze: Danger  (Read 592 times)

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
Épisode Quinze: Danger
« on: July 30, 2020, 05:15:39 pm »
Zis ees ze most nervous I 'ave felt going into a round of ze whole game. I feel zat my spot ees 'ighly tenuous 'ere.

Roughly, zere are three factions:

M. Morningstar and M. Cohle, with Mlle Garcia per'aps loosely aligned
M. Briscoe and M. Kennedy (though I think M. Kennedy may actually be closer to me, I don't think anyone realizes zat)
Mlle Hopps and myself

So in theory, M. Briscoe and M. Kennedy could team up with Mlle Hopps and I 'ere to maintain control.

Ze assumes, 'owever, zat ze lapin ees not insane. She wanted eet to get down to a final five of me, 'er, M. Kennedy, M. Cohle, and M. Morningstar, which will not 'appen if I 'ave anything to say about eet, but if she flips on me, I may not.

She suggested targeting M. Kennedy or Mlle Garcia zis round, but I do worry about zat. Mlle Garcia ees going to continue being a target, and I think (and 'ope) zat she recognizes zat. Keeping 'er around might be utile. Also I'm kind of tired of M. Morningstar existing in zis game, can we just vote 'im out? Could I get Mlle Hopps to do zat? Could I get Mlle Garcia to do zat?

I'm not sure, but things are definitely going to be messy. Zis was ze situation I was trying to avoid.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
Re: Épisode Quinze: Danger
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 12:52:48 am »
I really 'ope zat Mlle Hopps does not win zis challenge, though I 'ope zat I could get ze votes against M. Morningstar. I'm not convinced zat ees possible, though. And I worry about taking out Mlle Garcia 'ere, but obviously I will do what I 'ave to do in order to keep myself in ze game.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 12:55:27 am »
Eet would be truly terrible luck for Mlle Hopps to win two Immunities in a row. Surely my luck ees not zat bad. Especially since zis ees mostly a luck competition anyway.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 10:20:18 am »
Ugggggh zis ees horrible! I was starting to bury Mlle Hopps when I thought she wasn't Immune. Zere ees so much zat could be used against me.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 10:36:03 am »
Zis really does suck. But at least I showed my willingness to vote Mlle Hopps, so 'opefully zat prevents me from being taken down in 'er stead.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 11:24:52 am »
M. Briscoe may go 'ome next because 'e revealed zat 'e was going to take out Mlle Hopps when ze challenge results came out (though I suppose 'e could always claim eet was a lie, like 'ow Mlle Hopps was lying about taking out 'im earlier). I truly worry about zat. I would feel so awful for 'im if zat 'appened.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 11:36:57 am »
M. Cohle does prefer M. Briscoe going 'ome over Mlle Garcia, I think. I swear, if Mlle Hopps forces through another vote I don't want for no reason, I don't even know what to say about zat.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 11:57:14 am »
If M. Briscoe does go 'ome 'ere, ze good thing will be zat I do think eet reduces my threat level.

And zere ees a chance zat in a final four of me, M. Cohle, M. Morningstar, and M. Kennedy both zat M. Kennedy will tie ze vote for me and zat if M. Morningstar won Immunity, I could convince 'im to backstab M. Cohle. I think 'e would need to do something like zat in order to win ze game.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 12:49:33 pm »
M. Cohle and I 'ave committed to F4 with each other, which ees good. Neither of us ees committing beyond zat, probably because we are both each other's F4 boots.

If M. Briscoe goes 'ere, against my will, zen I do think I become a more attractive endgame person because I will 'ave lost all power and been forced to do things for two rounds in a row. So maybe zat ees my ticket to actually getting a seat in ze end, especially against M. Morningstar who I don't think knows me quite as well and so who might find me less threatening? I'm not sure about zat. I don't 'ave a good read on 'im or 'ow 'e sees things.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 02:04:29 pm »
With regard to voting out M. Peralta 'ere...I'm considering eet, but do we not think eet might be smarter to stick with M. Briscoe, M. Kennedy, and M. Peralta, at least for one round? Ze way I see eet, zose three are tied together, and so at 7, ze traction will be zere to send one of zem 'ome. Whereas if we make a move against M. Peralta maintenant, eet ees going to put us in a spot where we are vulnerable to 'ave a move made against us at 7, especially if we did eet in a way zat betrays M. Kennedy and M. Briscoe and zey go to Mlle Garcia, M. Morningstar, and M. Cohle. And we can be fairly confident zat M. Kennedy, M. Peralta, and M. Briscoe do not 'ave an idol unless one 'as been 'idden since merge.

A message I sent to Mlle Hopps last round, before I began ze harder sell.

Poirot knows 'ow to use 'is leetle grey cells.

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 02:16:16 pm »

SCULLY: We just got done reading your reports.
HITCHCOCK: I usually only read books they make movies out of, but this... wait, no.
SCULLY: You mean movies they make books out of.
HITCHCOCK: Right.  Your materials have been great though.  We always have a new file to leaf through from you.
SCULLY: And leafing through files makes us look so busy!
HITCHCOCK: Think Holt will give us overtime if we ask???
SCULLY: Let's go try!

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 04:42:33 pm »
I glad zat you 'ave enjoyed my confessional. I try to keep ze spectateurs updated. Really eet ees just as much for me as eet ees for you though.

Mlle Hopps 'as still been radio silent since results, and I honestly think she might force through a vote on M. Briscoe. I'm going to fight back against zat so 'ard though, so we will see if I am successful. If she thinks she can strongarm me twice in a row into making bad moves...honestly I don't even know what to say. M. Briscoe says she ees a Jury threat, and I 'ave no intention of letting 'er get to ze end, but she ees definitely burning my Jury vote with 'er 'orrible strategic choices.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 05:40:05 pm »
I can't believe Mlle Hopps still 'as not logged on. Zis ees 'orrible.

I knew exactly what I was getting into when I aligned with a crazy Australian. Zis ees my own fault. And at least I'm probably not going to be ze one to bite ze bullet for eet.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2020, 05:40:59 pm »
I only mention 'er being Australian because of 'er timezone! I do not mean to imply zat Australians are or tend to be crazy.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2020, 06:50:20 pm »
I want to be strongarmed in to voting Penny. I promised her I wouldn't be gunning for her, but if there is a strongarm play by you and the L's then I can do it and wash my hands of it without harming my relationship with Lucifer and Rust which we both will need.

Also on your note about immunity. I doubt Penny will win any more immunities. I've stopped throwing individual challenges. (well not throwing but I am actually putting in effort) Like I took the car one easy expecting to not even be close to winning and then won it, handily even I finished early bc I was bored. But no your arguments are compelling for non-immunity reasons. We need one of Leon and Lennie gone next round though I think. Maybe we can wait until final 5, but you are really going to be on thin ice with Rust if we do that. I may need to create dissonance at final 6 and make it 3/2/1. Because if Rust dislikes you/Leon/Lennie but likes me that puts the ball firmly in our court.

Zis person...but I think zis sounds like I can get 'er to vote Mlle Garcia, which ees all I need. Thank goodness.