Author Topic: Épisode Douze: Things Get Messy  (Read 498 times)

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
Épisode Douze: Things Get Messy
« on: July 24, 2020, 06:03:10 pm »
I am thrilled about zat idol play! I couldn't be 'appier. I can think of nothing better to keep ze game distracted for a round or two.

Eet does make eet potentially 5-5, since Mlle Hopps and I were going to vote to keep M. Peralta, but I doubt Mlle Hopps will want to draw rocks.

Mlle Garcia just suggested we compete together, which I was going to accept, but in a way eet might make more sense to compete with Mlle Hopps so zat if we won, we both could be Immune and would be in ze position to keep M. Peralta safe. But I'm not even sure if Mlle Hopps would want zat.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
Re: Épisode Douze: Things Get Messy
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 06:06:15 pm »
Also zis game 'as been fantastique with ze successful idol plays. Not zat many seem to 'ave been 'idden (at least zat I know of) so ze fact zat we 'ave 'ad two so far ees rather remarkable.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 07:33:06 pm »
Mlle Garcia ees so not subtle about our relationship, but whatever. I'm embracing eet at zis point.

I'm going to want to save M. Peralta again, and target M. McGruff, but I'm not sure 'ow feasible zat ees.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 10:04:55 pm »
'Ere ees a graphique. I make zese most games I play just to help me remember tribes, zis one I need eet less because I find ze tribes fairly distinctive in my mind, but still, 'ere eet ees.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 12:05:12 pm »
Zere ees still so much confusion about what 'appened last tribal.

M. McGruff ees still telling 'is story, and zere may be some truth zere. I 'ave no idea. Probably zere are some elements of truth and some fabricated elements.

M. Briscoe ees not 'aving eet though, and eet serves me perfectly fine to turn zis all on M. McGruff. M. McGruff conveniently told M. Briscoe zat 'e 'ad to take M. Kennedy out eventually because 'e was a Jury threat, so we can use zat against 'im. I don't really care about ze truth of what 'appened last round. Eet suits my agenda to argue zat M. McGruff ees a traitor.

M. Peralta might want to target Mlle Garcia though, and I'm not sure if I am ready to do zat or not.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 03:58:57 pm »
A note about Mlle Garcia:

I like 'er a lot, and I do want to protect 'er 'ere. I think she really likes me, and I think she ees relying on 'er connection with me to see 'er through maintenant.

'Owever...do I trust 'er to take me to ze end? Absolument non. Do I trust M. Grouch to take me to ze end? Absolument non. Ze only one I 100% trust to take me to ze end ees Mlle Hopps, followed by M. Briscoe. So keeping ze two of zem in ze game ees a top priority. M. Kennedy maybe, but I wouldn't bank on eet. I don't want M. Kennedy near ze end anyway, because 'e might be seen as a goat to drag. But I think I can make ze argument zat 'e ees a threat to win due to 'is unusual premerge story and some people might believe eet.

I know I'm thinking way in advance, but I'm very clear in my 'ead about what relationships 'ave a chance to lead to me being in ze end and what relationships do not.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 04:00:04 pm »
And actually 100% trust with Mlle Hopps ees probably an exaggeration. I'll say I 75% trust 'er to take me to ze end in ze situation where she 'as ze choice.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 05:28:20 pm »
Did I just win an Immunity? Did I just actually win an Immunity?

I can't believe eet. I never thought ze day would come. I am so 'appy.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 05:38:11 pm »
Well, Penelope was the vote I was going to advocate for this time around, but she's off the table.

Nice job on the challenge!

Could not be more parfait. I get to be Immune, and I don't 'ave to worry about Mlle Garcia being ze target.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2020, 09:41:37 pm »
For me zis round ees coming down to relationships vs moves on paper. On paper, I think getting rid of M. Cohle and zen making eet so zat a 27 goes 'ome next ees ze ideal move. Eet forces ze 'and of ze game, so to speak, into booting a 27 since zey are a solid foursome in a way zat 99 just ees not, perceptually at least. Maybe I just think zat because I'm in 99.

But relationships-wise, I feel better about M. Cohle zan about M. McGruff. So I may boot M. McGruff.

Zere ees also weirdness going on with what both M. McGruff and M. Cohle claim 'appened last round, but I don't really care about zat. At best, eet ees a nice excuse to boot M. McGruff.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2020, 10:03:18 pm »

I'm sorry, I refuse to believe zat M. Cohle was going to vote M. Pikachu and only didn't because of ze confusion around ze vote. Zat does not comport with anything I 'ave 'eard. I was explicitly telling 'im zat I 'ad not decided, and 'e was campaigning to me for me to vote M. Peralta and saying zat 'e understand my issue with M. Pikachu, but M. Pikachu was a "necessary part of ze vote". 'E wasn't necessarily pushing zat 'ard, but if 'e wanted ze boot to be M. Pikachu, 'e 'ad ample opportunity to make eet 'appen or to propose zat to me, and 'e knew I was considering eet because I told 'im zat I knew M. Pikachu 'ad said my name. 'Is actions make zero sense if 'is goal was to eliminate M. Pikachu.

M. McGruff, maybe if I stretch my mind I can believe zat 'e legitimately was confused, given 'is limited availability. But given zat M. Cohle ees saying zat too, eet actually makes me believe M. McGruff even less, because we zen know at least one person ees lying, why not two? Maybe zey both just agreed with each other to stick to zat story when ze idol was played.

I've confronted M. Cohle about eet though, because you are not ze first person I 'ave 'eard eet from so eet can't be traced back to you. Even M. McGruff said to me zat M. Cohle was on board. We will see what 'e says or if 'e changes 'is story or what.

I just sent zis to M. Briscoe, but zese are my true feelings about ze idea zat maybe M. Cohle and M. McGruff actually wanted to vote out M. Pikachu but did not because of misunderstandings.

Eet turns out zat once an idol ees played, 'alf of ze game really really really did not want to vote zat person, but zey 'ad no choice, ze numbers were already zere! And ze annoying thing ees zat zat ees exactly what 'appened with me (and eet did pay dividends with Mlle Garcia, so I was right to flip my vote) and eet also 'appened with Mlle Hopps, but all of zese fraudulent claims make us look less trustworthy as well.

If M. Peralta 'aving ze majority of ze votes was some strange mistake, zat ees hilarious, but I find eet so difficile to believe. And I cannot believe eet of M. Cohle, zere ees no way. If I'm wrong, M. Cohle ees a truly 'orrible player utterly unable to accomplish 'is goals even when zey are being 'anded to 'im on a silver platter. Hercule Poirot ees not wrong though. Zese people think we are stupide.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2020, 10:13:40 pm »
I will say zat M. Cohle ees not a 'orrible player though. I was considering targeting 'im and zen 'e offered me a "formal alliance" and protection when I get targeted due to being a duo with Mlle Hopps. 'E knows 'ow to play to my insecurities.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2020, 10:53:22 pm »
Mon Dieu, M. Cohle really did want to vote for M. Pikachu, didn't he?

'E ees so bad at pushing for what 'e wants. Or 'e ees just cowardly and wanted Mlle Hopps and I to do eet for 'im

I do not understand 'ow zat 'appened. 'Ow are people so bad at zis? I know I did ze same thing, but zey gave me zero indication of what was 'appening, and I gave zem my thoughts every step of ze way.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2020, 11:01:51 pm »
I can't stop laughing.

Eet really 'appened. Four people voted against M. Peralta not because zey wanted to, but because zey thought ze numbers were not zere to do anything else.

And ze, in ze biggest twist of all, zey were bailed out by M. Peralta 'aving an idol.

You couldn't script zis, eet ees just so ridiculous. Your question at tribal about communication was apt.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2020, 10:25:22 am »
Multiple people 'ave said zat Mlle Garcia would be getting voted out maintenant were she not immune, so I am 'appy about zat