Author Topic: challenge 13 submission  (Read 296 times)

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
  • Enchantress of all things possible.
    • View Profile
challenge 13 submission
« on: July 27, 2020, 04:18:18 pm »
1) "The larger of the two dinos may have had feathers," said one paleontologist before a smart-alec had rudely interrupted him by singing the theme to Jurassic Park.

NEPAL, CHAD

2)  In the 90s we denuclearized the Korean peninsula but if some people have their way the region could be on a speedy track to another fight between two UN member nations.

SWEDEN, KOREA

3) A diet of bacon, steak, and bananas sauteed in butter is extremely unhealthy; to stop heart issues and liver disease it is vital you take these pills and exercise twice a week.

ITALY, NASSAU

4) Would you prefer to see your Pa risk having his credit card info stolen by SexyEmus.com or OstrichLovers.net if you had to choose?

PARIS,

5)  I tried to tell my son "Monte, 'Video Game Streamer' is not a reasonable career choice," but how can a dad get through to a teen who doesn't want to listen?

CANADA,

6)  Each summer wizards get a list of school supplies telling them to go bring their wand and broomstick to Hogwarts.

RWANDA,

7)  Those wizards and witches wave their wands and abracadabra, zillions of monkeys are loose in the halls making stones and sticks fly everywhere!

BRAZIL,

8)  According to the policeman, a guard can take out the sniper but he first must lure him into the path of the hidden marksmen on the balcony above us.

DENMARK,

9) A good sci-fi movie is "Metropolis", "Bone People" is a well-written tale, but the short story "The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas" by Ursula K. LeGuin easily is my favorite work of science-fiction.

LISBON, GUINEA

10) When I want to arrest Carmen I always ask a tourist and/or random stranger if they saw a red hat.

ARMENIA,

11) In Soviet times Vladimir and Olga Bondarov were noted for their fancy clothes and bedchamber linens.

GABON, BERLIN

12) If an iron pipe rusts, all I'm allowed to do is call a plumber.

LIMA, PERU

13) "Beware the false religion of Islam," a bad man decided to rant on Gabriel's morning bus commute.

TONGA,

14) Newlyweds love Niagara Falls because they can walk through the plaza then step into a horse-drawn carriage that will take them to a gorgeous view of the river.

15) Don't quit on me now, man; my brother fought long and hard and in the end he made it through a nasty divorce so I know you can too.

GHANA,

16) The guitar man said in order to help an amateur he would need new strings and new music sheets for his time and training this month; the piano man continued to work for free.

PANAMA, OMAN

17) Nurse Goodacre loved visiting regional geriatric care centers to discuss the health benefits of semi-annual enemas or a bath in pasteurized milk.

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
Re: challenge 13 submission
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 04:19:35 pm »
here are things bolded if u want that

Spoiler
1) "The larger of the two dinos may have had feathers," said one paleontologist before a smart-alec had rudely interrupted him by singing the theme to Jurassic Park.

NEPAL, CHAD

2)  In the 90s we denuclearized the Korean peninsula but if some people have their way the region could be on a speedy track to another fight between two UN member nations.

SWEDEN, KOREA

3) A diet of bacon, steak, and bananas sauteed in butter is extremely unhealthy; to stop heart issues and liver disease it is vital you take these pills and exercise twice a week.

ITALY, NASSAU

4) Would you prefer to see your Pa risk having his credit card info stolen by SexyEmus.com or OstrichLovers.net if you had to choose?

PARIS,

5)  I tried to tell my son "Monte, 'Video Game Streamer' is not a reasonable career choice," but how can a dad get through to a teen who doesn't want to listen?

CANADA,

6)  Each summer wizards get a list of school supplies telling them to go bring their wand and broomstick to Hogwarts.

RWANDA,

7)  Those wizards and witches wave their wands and abracadabra, zillions of monkeys are loose in the halls making stones and sticks fly everywhere!

BRAZIL,

8)  According to the policeman, a guard can take out the sniper but he first must lure him into the path of the hidden marksmen on the balcony above us.

DENMARK,

9) A good sci-fi movie is "Metropolis", "Bone People" is a well-written tale, but the short story "The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas" by Ursula K. LeGuin easily is my favorite work of science-fiction.

LISBON, GUINEA

10) When I want to arrest Carmen I always ask a tourist and/or random stranger if they saw a red hat.

ARMENIA,

11) In Soviet times Vladimir and Olga Bondarov were noted for their fancy clothes and bedchamber linens.

GABON, BERLIN

12) If an iron pipe rusts, all I'm allowed to do is call a plumber.

LIMA, PERU

13) "Beware the false religion of Islam," a bad man decided to rant on Gabriel's morning bus commute.

TONGA,

14) Newlyweds love Niagara Falls because they can walk through the plaza then step into a horse-drawn carriage that will take them to a gorgeous view of the river.

15) Don't quit on me now, man; my brother fought long and hard and in the end he made it through a nasty divorce so I know you can too.

GHANA,

16) The guitar man said in order to help an amateur he would need new strings and new music sheets for his time and training this month; the piano man continued to work for free.

PANAMA, OMAN

17) Nurse Goodacre loved visiting regional geriatric care centers to discuss the health benefits of semi-annual enemas or a bath in pasteurized milk.
[close]

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
Re: challenge 13 submission
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 04:32:54 pm »
lima, peru was an absolute favorite btw