Author Topic: Welcome to your confessional!  (Read 1083 times)

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to your confessional!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 07:15:51 am »
For now let's just say that I have trusted too early and too easily to my eventual woe.

You don't have to go into specifics, since it's a sore subject. But there's always takeaways and improvements. What are you going to do differently this time so that you can become the ultimate Survivor?

Abby Sciuto

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 05:43:35 pm »
Going to give this question thing a try.

How big of a fan of survivor are you? How many seasons have you watched? And what player would you like to model you game after?

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
  • Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 08:26:50 pm »
Hi Abby! Thanks for your question. I've been an off-and-on fan since the first season, but I've been paying a lot more attention in the last couple of years. I try not to model myself after any one player. I prefer to draw inspiration from a number of different examples in an intuitive, freeform strategy.

I wouldn't usually call myself a social threat, but emulating Jake Peralta has really been working out for me, and I believe I am on at least friendly terms with everyone in the tribe, even poor Ace, who we just voted out. Everyone but Hannah has either sought an alliance with me or at least discussed coordinating our votes for now, and she's coming around too. It's a new feeling for me.
Oh my god this is just like Die Hard!

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 05:52:25 pm »
Congratulations on immunity - you're now in the top x-teen! Your safe for another round and I figured I'd take your pulse. Did your ranking of your favorite tribemates change in the past couple of days?

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 07:43:22 pm »
Hmmmm, maybe a little? I'm absolutely thrashed. The last two days have been my busiest all year by a wide margin. I want nothing more than to go curl up in bed and go to sleep. With us winning the challenge, I think I can take the night and sleep until I'm human again. My schedule for the rest of the week should be pretty wide open, however, so I hope to add a lot of detail to my dossiers over the next two days.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2020, 06:31:29 am »
Get some rest - you deserve it. If you could just give me a ranked list of your tribemates by favorability, I would be much obliged.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2020, 07:35:09 am »
1) Scruff
2) Leon
----- These two have my near-total trust. We've entered into an explicit three-way alliance, and have been availing ourselves of this game's authorization of three-way PMs.
3) Lennie - you asked for favorability, not trust. I quite like Lennie. We get along, have a number of cultural interest in common, and have a similar generational outlook. He's almost certainly playing to his own agenda, though, and likely views the loose "Good Old Boys" alliance we discussed but never formalized as temporary. That includes Scruff, Lennie, and I, and we have ad hoc added Leon into the mix.
4) Hannah - Again, we're talking about favorability. After some early disconnects, Hannah and I have found a rapport nerding out over strategy and tactical games, with a known compatibility for tabletop RPGs on deck. We have not, however, made collaborative overtures, and she appears to be on bottom for everyone else. As much as I'd like to get to know her better and would be interested in bringing her on board, she's definitely the path of least resistance should we go to TC with this tribe. I'm hoping we avoid that.
5) Paul - We haven't really found much to like one another yet, but there is definitely mutual respect. We've been exchanging more strategy than anything else, and he's solicited collaboration from me. I think what we respect about one another is the old chestnut about game recognizing game. I can tell he's got his own plans he's working, but he's giving away nothing about their content. I might be mirror reading a bit, but I think that's his position as well. He's a threat, but also an asset to the team. I'm torn about whether I want to risk making a move against him soon or risk letting him gain momentum.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2020, 04:16:30 pm »
It sounds like you have a bit of a shakeup if we talk about trust. Would your rankings differ if you were talking about trust? Why would it move up or down?

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2020, 06:36:59 pm »
What's your thought process going into this challenge? Are you optimistic about your chances of doing well?

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2020, 08:21:20 pm »
It sounds like you have a bit of a shakeup if we talk about trust. Would your rankings differ if you were talking about trust? Why would it move up or down?
Oh absolutely.

Scruff I feel is a kindred soul. I think he, like myself, wants badly to have someone trustworthy and clever to go back to back with. I think he sees every incentive and advantage to lay all of his cards on the table with me, and I feel about the same.

Leon I’m in roughly the same place. He’s open, blunt, and enthusiastic. He seems to have stumbled a little with some people at first and is eager to have allies. My only reservation is whether he’s telling the truth about being a newbie. I think he is, but this could be a brilliant Xanatos gambit.

Hannah is next, actually. She seems to know she’s on bottom or near it. She hasn’t made any collaborative overtures, but she IS trying to make friends. That gives her a certain earnestness. She’s not in a place to make moves right now.

Lennie seems to be on board with my core group, but we have reservations about him. We are all getting strong vibes that he has his own agenda, and views his loose allegiance to us as temporary convenience. While he would likely rely on a P27 tribemate in a swap, I think he would jump ship if given a better offer.

Paul is a goddamn enigma to me. He has been willing to collaborate, but has expressed only vague platitudes for the future. I don’t know whether he’s just playing a conservative, opaque game, or if he’s trying to play all sides, or what. Maybe he’s playing straight, but I don’t know.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2020, 08:24:11 pm »
What's your thought process going into this challenge? Are you optimistic about your chances of doing well?
I haven’t the foggiest. This looks like a reverse Elite Sheep kind of thing and that complicates honesty. I’d rather if it were something like scoring points for guessing correctly which labels your tribe mates would give you, instead of what labels they’d give themselves. Wait, that’s how to do this...figure out what they’d say about themselves. Score. Thanks for effectively being a wall to bounce the idea off of!

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2020, 05:20:07 am »
What are your thoughts going into this tribal council? What have you heard and what will you try to accomplish?

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2020, 11:59:54 am »
Hey! What's happening?

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2020, 12:06:10 pm »
Oh my damn, I forgot to respond here! Sorry, guys. I just sent my vote in. I've been focused so much on PMs that until I saw the new post icon here I forgot all about my confessional. It's looking unanimous against Hannah, but with plenty of spicy drama along the way.

I'm going to update my dossiers, then try to summarize what's gone down. Stay tuned!

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2020, 03:03:55 pm »
Rolling out new dossier files