Author Topic: Welcome to your confessional!  (Read 1082 times)

Holly Short

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome to your confessional!
« on: January 01, 2020, 01:49:58 am »
Oh my! Who do we have here? A new officer joining the ranks?

Well thank the fairy heavens for that! The last new recruit we had was Sherly and he’s still bumbling about thinking of himself as a consulting detective. Pff!

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes!

Welcome! We’re excited to have you here.

This is your confessional, where you can post whatever you want. Your thoughts, your ideas, your deepest, darkest feelings! No evidence can be used against you here.

Please make a post in this thread to confirm that you’re still up for the task of joining the force. I wish you the best of luck!

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
  • Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to your confessional!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 01:48:33 pm »
I’ll be making individual player dossiers later  :)
Oh my god this is just like Die Hard!

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 02:40:05 pm »
Welcome to the game! I'm looking forward to your dossiers.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 06:01:09 pm »
Replies are a bit spotty. I'll give them until the morning and create my dossiers then, before the challenge. I'll try to give an update every day or two, but it'll have to track my interactions with them ofc.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 06:05:19 pm »
No worries, in the meantime, I'd love to see if you could do a dossier for yourself. How do you plan on playing this game? What do you think it'll take to be the top brass? And why won't you call Amy?

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 06:57:21 pm »
Honestly I haven't the foggiest yet. I signed up as a spectator willing to replace and only got the heads-up from Haschel yesterday. I hadn't given it a lot of thought.

I think I'm going to try to stick with the Jake Peralta mindset. I'm not taking myself very seriously, and I'm going to focus on having fun and being my charming self. That said, Jake also has an ironclad moral and ethical compass, so I'm going to be above-board with my decision to play the game honorably - I'm going to lie as little as possible. That said again, Jake is a crafty sumbitch, so I'm going to try to work that in, too.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 06:57:59 pm »
Also, I will be making liberal use of the many high-quality Jake Peralta imgs and gifs on the interwebs.

Scooby-Doo

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 01:03:44 am »
You can't solve this all by yourself, with out a raggy who would be your second in command?

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 09:02:04 am »
Thus far, Scruff. Heading over to the challenge.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 12:15:37 pm »
Dossiers are up. I'll keep the first post updated with current information and provide static snapshots every couple of days. I'm also going to stop posting here and start a "27th Precinct" thread to document overall impressions of my time here.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 01:28:47 pm »
The dossiers are top tier. Can you tell me a bit about your methodology into determining the trust and how you positioned them as allies or enemies?

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 04:03:41 pm »
Well, I don’t have enemies, per se. I’ve had good moments with the entire tribe, as I’ll attest to as I catch up on the dossiers. What I do have is a read on their position within the tribe relative to me. Scruff, Lennie, and I seem to be the core of the group, with Paul as a secondary hub and Leon trying to get along with everyone. Hannah’s communication has been patchy but pleasant. Ace, however, hasn’t even spoken to some tribe members, and has been vague or closed-off with others. He naturally seems the bottom, and Hannah has few allies. Scruff is worried that Lennie is playing us, and I’m worried that he’s a sleeper threat.

Overall, though, threats are a gut read. Scruff, for example, I think is earnest in wanting to pair with me, but if he’s playing me I’m screwed. You’ve got to trust someone if you want to be trustworthy yourself.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 05:02:56 pm »
It sounds like you're willing to go all in with Scruff, from that last statement. But what makes you so worried? Do you have experiences from previous games where you were tied to a sinking ship that caused your downfall? If so, what can you do to prevent that?

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 07:36:25 pm »
For now let's just say that I have trusted too early and too easily to my eventual woe.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2020, 07:36:48 pm »
I don't think that's the case here, but I didn't then either.