Author Topic: Challenge 3 Profiling submission  (Read 229 times)

Lennie Briscoe

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
Challenge 3 Profiling submission
« on: July 02, 2020, 11:14:22 pm »
I dunno if I'll submit yet but just creating the thread now with the people and traits/roles to assign

People: Hannah, Jake, Lennie, Leon, Paul, Scruff

Here are some positive traits to apply:
Affectionate, Artistic, Charismatic, Courageous, Joyful, Reliable

Here are some negative ones to apply:
Aggressive, Bad-Tempered, Bossy, Devious, Egotistical, Selfish

And here are some roles people might serve if they were planning a heist:
The Brains, The Muscle, The Wheelman, The Guy Behind The Scenes Who Commissioned The Heist, The Inside Man, The Safecracker

Lennie Briscoe

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge 3 Profiling submission
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 12:23:43 pm »
God, I'm still so divided on this. If one other person goes in the preset order, we get a minimum of 10 points just between us, plus whatever points the other 4 get on each other and whatever others we luck into. If two people do the preset order then we basically have it on lock, it's like 30 points.

If people are actually trying this, what are the locks? Probably:
Jake: Charismatic
Leon: Joyful? or Affectionate? honestly affectionate doesn't really describe anyone here? That's not shade, just like what is there to be affectionate over, that's weird.
Scruff: Reliable? I feel like he's level-headed and has had good interactions with everyone? Doesn't strike me as like super emotional but gives responses? I dunno.
God I hate this

The negative adjectives I could maybe guess on but none of the negative traits mentioned map to negative traits in these people? I guess devious? It's all so forced and I'm sure none of us relish the idea of trying to shoehorn negative traits onto people, much less go through the tortured logic of "which of these negative traits would my tribemates expect me to use for myself".

And then there's the roles, which as I said before, like these are clearly defined in a heist movie but as they relate to traits of players in this game it's a lot less clear.

Like honestly Jake: Charismatic I think is maybe the only lock? Scruff: Reliable I could see working too? Because it's not touchy subjects or majority rules, it doesn't matter what we're popularly perceived as, but what we perceive ourselves as being perceived as. So what points am I definitely losing if other people do this descriptively and I don't? Jake: Charismatic, are there any others? I mean I'm sure I'd get others just by process of elimination/chance, but I could still luck into some points this way too.

Well here goes nothing:

Hannah: Affectionate, Aggressive, The Brains
Jake: Artistic, Bad-Tempered, The Muscle
Lennie: Charismatic, Bossy, The Wheelman
Leon: Courageous, Devious, The Guy Behind The Scenes Who Commissioned The Heist
Paul: Joyful, Egotistical, The Inside Man
Scruff: Reliable, Selfish, The Safecracker
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 01:59:12 pm by Lennie Briscoe »

Lennie Briscoe

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge 3 Profiling submission
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 01:58:49 pm »
Okay I think I'm gonna change this because I've been thinking about it and I think that if this doesn't work then it'll be tough to explain in a way that doesn't sound sketchy and/or stupid? Whereas if I just do the garbage guessing game version, it's still not likely to work but it's justifiable. I still find this challenge immensely frustrating. Like some of these words are just dump words, nobody is going to self-describe as "affectionate", nobody is going to self-describe as "Aggressive"

Hannah:Artistic, Selfish, The Brains
Jake: Charismatic, Bad-Tempered, The Inside Man
Lennie: Courageous, Devious, The Guy Behind The Scenes Who Commissioned The Heist
Leon: Joyful, Egotistical, The Wheelman
Paul: Affectionate, Aggressive, The Muscle
Scruff: Reliable, Bossy, The Safecracker