Author Topic: Voting Thread  (Read 692 times)

Sherlock Holmes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Voting Thread
« on: May 15, 2020, 12:45:18 pm »
While deducing exactly whom you wish to vote for is elementary for me, my comods insist on being spoon-fed everything. Could you help them out by posting who you want to vote for in this thread? It must be so boring not already knowing these answers!

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
  • The Michael Jordan of being a sonofabitch
    • View Profile
Voting Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 08:13:56 pm »
I am casting my vote to eliminate Quentin Lance.

Quentin's first PM to me arrived in my inbox tonight, upon the occasion of our losing the challenge.  That is well over a week since we were first on a tribe together with the opportunity to PM.  I remain flabbergasted that the 99th Precinct elected to keep him and vote out Officer Jenny in the first place, and I have no interest in letting him skate any further to find out who thinks he's an asset.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Thread
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 05:47:04 pm »
I am casting my vote to eliminate Cheddar.

I think Cheddar came into this swap in a weak position and needed to put in some hard work to turn that around.  Pikachu and I were his best possible new connections but he hasn't developed those connections at all.  Cheddar was hoodwinked in the last SVU vote and left holding the bag with a minority vote against Leon, which makes him particularly vulnerable because now Leon won't lift a finger to protect him.  He is from the starting tribe with the most remaining members which creates even more headwind.  Now he's simply out of time.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 04:06:20 pm »
I am casting my vote to eliminate Detective Pikachu.

On our first tribe Pikachu wasn't somebody I expected or wanted to work with in the long term.  Then we went through every pre merge tribe together and became so affiliated in the group perception they have a silly portmanteau for us.  Now we find ourselves in a vote which may have a very close margin, and Pika is one of the people in danger.

If this elimination goes through I will temporarily be in a vulnerable position.  But I believe I have to take the opportunity to shed my "unbreakable pair" perception before later votes become defined by splitting up such pairs.

Jake has overplayed like hell this round, but I suspect he'll be safe because too many people want him around as a shield.  He made a mistake not letting Pikachu have more say in a group decision, but Likachu also made a mistake not letting Jake simply call the shot without pushing back.  Neither of them needed to be in the hot seat right now.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 04:44:22 pm »
Vote Change

Cast my vote to eliminate Jake Peralta.

You tried to do too much.  Icarus syndrome.  You've got melted wings now.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 03:43:01 pm »
I am casting my vote to eliminate Scruff McGruff.

If I really survive this it feels like Scruff threw himself on a grenade for me.

I need to turn on the afterburners and make a real run at this thing to honor that.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 10:35:08 pm »
I am casting my vote to eliminate Jake Peralta.

The trouble with trying to straddle the middle of the road is that sometimes you get hit by a truck.  Jake is a vote I didn't think I'd be able to get this round, but there was a paradigm shift with Judy and now we have the numbers.  With this choice the die is cast and I'm firmly throwing my lot in with the 99th Precinct.  That could still come back to bite me if I'm simply handing them the keys to a pagong, but I don't think that's where this is heading.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 03:38:41 pm »
I am casting my vote to eliminate Jake Peralta.

Third time's the charm?

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 02:48:43 pm »
I am casting my vote to eliminate Lennie Brisco.

It no longer seems that a vote against Penelope is possible here, but with the way things have moved I think this is my better move right now.  With all other members of the 27th removed and Leon feeling betrayed by his SVU alliance, I become his closest connection and possibly gain an ally who would even take me to the F2, if there is one.  Lennie is a smart player but he never did enough to keep up connections to players who were not advancing his game in the moment, which left him vulnerable once his core alliance broke down.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 10:21:59 am »
I am casting my vote to eliminate Judy Hopps.

I am truly grateful that Judy wanted to make moves against her core alliance in the last two rounds.  However for my game to advance, she needs to go out now.  The choice this round is between Judy and Penelope, neither of whom I can comfortably sit against at the final tribal council.  The key difference here is that I believe if Penelope is immune next round she would not push a vote against me.  I don't have the same confidence with Judy, no matter what she has said.  Judy is also a slightly greater challenge threat based on what we have seen, and likely the stronger finalist to boot.  If I have to risk one of them making an immunity run to the end I'll take my chances against Penelope.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2020, 06:49:00 pm »
I am casting my vote to eliminate Penelope Garcia.

While there may be some minor debate to be had, this is the vote that is happening this round.

On day one of this game I identified Penelope as a social threat.  At various points in the early game she would have been my preferred target if our tribes hadn't always been immune.  I explicitly declined an alliance proposal from her on the 12th Precinct.  I was prepared to offer her up as a sacrificial lamb on BAU to secure new alliances.  And yet she has been one of my closest allies and confidants in the merge.  Just because our union was demanded by the circumstances of the alliance we were cast against won't make this betrayal sting any less for her.  Where I had to shed Pikachu because of the perception of us as an unbreakable pair, I have to shed Penelope because I simply would not be able to beat her in the end.  There is no way around it.  It is the nature of Survivor to kill your darlings.  So Penelope, I bid you au revoir.  Go flirt with the jury for me.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 01:29:25 pm »
I am casting my vote to eliminate Leon Kennedy.

I must be crazy.

Voting Leon out right now has nothing to do with my relationship with him.  I would love to go to Final Tribal Council with Leon.  But I can not go into the final three and face a do or die challenge.  Long have I planned for Hercule to go home at the final four on the assumption this game would be an F3, but the real key to this is that Hercule must remain in the game until the last possible moment because he is the shield that stands between me and the title of biggest threat.  In a final three of myself, Hercule and Lucifer I still have a ticket to the finale if Lucifer wins final immunity.  For that reason I feel I must take a chance on this vote, in the hopes that we can either eliminate Leon outright in a 2-1-1 vote or that one of us can defeat him in a tiebreaker challenge.

I thought that cutting Penelope would be the my starkest betrayal, but this may top it.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2020, 11:50:23 am »
I am casting my jury vote for Hercule Poirot.

Long have I planned to write your name down with my final vote of the game.  I just thought it would be at F4 before an F3 FTC.  You know what they say about the best laid plans.

I appreciate the gameplay of both finalists, and there is nothing inherently superior about the aggro social game versus the under the radar positional awareness game.  My vote is a result of a relationship built up throughout the merge and seen through to the bitter end when we were both waiting for the final axe to fall in an otherwise cold and silent void.  The condemned man does reward an executioner who allowed no opportunity to plead a case for his life.

Back then, the visions...most of the time I was convinced that I'd lost it. But there were other times, I thought I was main-lining the secret truth of the universe.