Author Topic: E10 - "I can do terrible things to people with impunity"  (Read 1360 times)

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
  • The Michael Jordan of being a sonofabitch
    • View Profile
E10 - "I can do terrible things to people with impunity"
« on: August 03, 2020, 07:31:37 pm »
"Of course I'm dangerous.  I'm police.  I can do terrible things to people with impunity."

That's the full quote, which doesn't fit as a thread title.

Here at the end, the last two moves of the game will be terrible things.  The next time Penelope isn't immune she is going to wind up as a unanimous vote, but the string of betrayal will be the worst because of my vote against her.  Without an immunity win of his own Hercule will either follow her, or he will lead the way for her.  No amount of talk throughout this merge about reaching final four together and amicably discussing our best options there will stay my hand.  I can only hope that he is true to his word of no hard feelings for what must be done.  We play to have fun.  We play to win.

Lucifer and Leon will both have advocates on the jury.  This is not so simple as getting to the end for an easy win.  The final tribal council will be a battle all its own.  But the basic calculus has not changed.  Facing them is my best option, it is how I give myself the strongest chance to claim overall victory.  To do anything else would be a disservice.  We don't play these games to enable our friends to beat us.  We're friends because we enjoy the same game.

These are my reads on the jurors...
Detective Pikachu: A vote that is mine to lose.  I must honestly present the fact that I could never have gone all the way with him, or even particularly deep in the merge.  Shedding the unbreakable pair image was the key to my success.  If this makes him sore, I could indeed lose him.  But if he respects it, he votes for me.
Scruff McGruff: The closest thing I have to a sure vote on this jury.  He will also respect Leon's game, but he explicitly told me he wished to be voted out in my stead because I had the better chance to recover my position.  That proved to be correct.  Ride or Die isn't just in the game, it's a jury vote too.
Grouch Cop: This will be either a vote for Lucifer or a vote for me.  This is a vote I very likely need to win to guarantee overall victory.  I can only hope to demonstrate that my gameplay and strategy was superior and deserving of his respect.
Jake Peralta: Probably Leon's biggest jury advocate, though it's certainly hard to be sure what Jake actually values as a juror.  He made a lot of hay during the merge about being betrayed by me and by everybody else, but in the end he was a unanimous vote so I am no more culpable than anyone else.  Not a vote I'm counting on getting.
Lennie Brisco: I certainly hope that Lennie is a vote I can get.  He doesn't seem like the type to cast his vote for the person he thought he was dragging to the end for an easy win after that person unceremoniously chucks him out the door.  I believe my pitch about strategy and awareness will be able to sway him.
Judy Hopps: Judy might be a vote completely up for grabs but I think she'll wind up voting for Lucifer
Penelope Garcia: As long as it's a unanimous vote against Penelope I think I'll wind up getting her jury vote, but if Lucifer doesn't vote against her that might be enough to get her in his camp.
Hercule Poirot: Like Lennie, a vote I need to win based on strategy and awareness.  More than anyone Hercule is going to be the person on the jury who informs other jurors of how deeply strategic I've been all through this merge.  His eventual elimination is as important for this purpose as it is to remove a strong FTC threat.

My winning number here is four votes, because I don't believe either Lucifer or Leon will sweep the other four and if they do I believe I can get both of their tiebreaker votes.  I think I can do that with Pikachu, Scruff, Lennie and Hercule even if don't carry anyone else.

I can see the winning formula.  Now I need to get there.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
Re: E10 - "I can do terrible things to people with impunity"
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 05:24:12 pm »
How to Win Immunity by Accident

A play in five acts, by Rust Cohle

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 06:03:15 pm »
Immunity rhymes with Impunity

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 06:25:52 pm »
Spectators rhymes with Missing in Action

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 07:11:15 pm »
Spectators rhymes with Missing in Action

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 09:32:13 pm »
A two for one, nice.  Save me some of those wings.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 01:43:18 pm »
SCULLY: Uhhh... You wanted some?

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 06:23:22 pm »
So, an F2 after all...

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 06:30:06 pm »
Obviously this increases my chances of missing FTC quite a bit.  But I believe Leon and Lucifer both want F2 with me, and Hercule is convinced we need to take each other to F3.  Best case scenario Hercule loses immunity and still goes out here as planned.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 06:34:27 pm »
Look at all those jurors online man ponderosa is lit tonight

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 06:35:13 pm »
Pour one out for Penelope, graceful even when she realized she was getting the votes.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 07:32:25 pm »
F2 version...

Detective Pikachu: Still my vote to lose.
Scruff McGruff: Ride or Die buddy, even against Leon in an F2 I feel confident I have this vote.  But the fact that others think Scruff is going to be strong for Leon is something that plays to my advantage in the event of the wrong person winning the 4 or 3 immunity.
Grouch Cop: With Lucifer gone, I should be the favorite for this vote.
Jake Peralta: More likely to be a vote for Leon
Lennie Brisco: Hopefully a vote for me, but I can't count Leon out on this one
Judy Hopps: A toss up
Penelope Garcia: Gotta hope this is a vote for me
Hercule Poirot: Counting on respect for the gameplay
Lucifer Morningstar: The main consideration, if I am immune at three and get the final choice, is who would be a vote for me and who would be a vote against me.  I think Lucifer is more likely to vote for me as a juror than Leon.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 10:07:46 pm »
Geez third place is going to be a bitter pill to swallow

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 10:09:23 pm »
I need to really, really consider if going to three with Hercule is the right move.  Everything depends on the outcome of this immunity challenge.  Obviously if he wins it I have to hope he buys what I'm selling.  But if anyone else does, will they vote with me to eliminate him three to one right now?  If I do that, am I resigning myself to elimination without a final immunity win of my own?  Tough questions.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2020, 05:52:16 pm »
Hercule wants to get Leon out on a 2-1-1 vote, but I don't see that as a realistic scenario right now.  It would be an interesting move if it were possible, but Leon and Lucifer are extremely unlikely to vote differently this round.  Either they're both voting for me or they're both voting for Hercule.

I don't think forcing a tie and allowing Hercule to go to fire is the right move for me.  Yes, having him at three as a bigger threat than me would improve my chances of surviving the next vote.  But if I side with him and he loses the tiebreaker I have absolutely no hope that either Leon or Lucifer would bring me forward if they win the next immunity.

If this were an F3 FTC I think I would win the game.  Unfortunately with the F2 I'd say I have about a 50/50 chance of becoming the final juror.  C'est la vie.