Author Topic: E7 - "Life's barely long enough to get good at one thing"  (Read 403 times)

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
  • The Michael Jordan of being a sonofabitch
    • View Profile
E7 - "Life's barely long enough to get good at one thing"
« on: July 22, 2020, 04:29:56 pm »
Well here we are, the merge.

Nick leaving wasn't totally unexpected.  He might have been a nice shield and ally here, but there's as silver lining in being the starting tribe with the smallest contingent now.  Tribal configurations won't dictate everything, but they're going to play into votes in a big way especially in the first few rounds.

Pikachu is a good partner, but I'm going to have a problem with keeping him around eventually.  We're strongly linked and people know it.  Scruff is advertising that his friends should work with both of us.  I can only hope he would be the priority target if we come under the gun.

Penelope seems to have been left out of any real action at Strike Team.  She voted off the Nick majority and she immediately reached out to reboot the 12th Precinct group chat with me and Pika.  She's also gravitating towards Scruff.  A good number, but I don't know how I feel about this in the long term.

I think a lot of people are more tuned into the original tribe blocs than I want to be.  I'm just trying to remain under the surface and in a position to move with anyone.  Scruff is still my strong ally, but I don't love how aggro he's being trying to build up a big majority right away.  It's the final eleven, there's no way any majority of six right now is going to stay true all the way to final six.  I can't let myself be the one who falls along the wayside because someone decided to make a play.

Hercule and Lennie both make good first impressions, but also seem like they could befriend anyone in short order.  Judy is the least impressive of the three brand new people for me.

I want more from Jake, I know he's busy with life though.  I've been counting on him to be a big player out in front of me.  With no Nick around, and Pika both too closely tied to me and in a vulnerable position already, I still need a long term shield.

Not really sure what to do with my Grouch Cop relationship now.  His public merge thread posts were especially aggressive against the former Narcotics tribe.  Whining about not getting enough PMs, and then gloating about all the PMs he had once the merge started.  The first TC might become Grouch vs Leon because neither of them will let it go.

Pretty stream-of-consciousness update here but that's what you get today.  Thanks for stopping by, remember to say hello.  Spectator engagement is half the fun.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
Re: E7 - "Life's barely long enough to get good at one thing"
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 05:23:56 pm »
Easy to see I'm a low priority for a lot of people in terms of messaging.  Really only Pika, Scruff and Penelope are responding with urgency.  Leon likely would too but he's less active overall at the moment.

It's not a terrible thing as long as I'm not in the firing line right now.  Plenty of time to become valuable to the others.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 02:36:57 pm »
Jake is spearheading an alliance of six across the 12th/27th Precincts.  Jake/Scruff/Leon/Pika/Penelope/Rust
He used the term "Rustachu" which is another reminder that I really need to get Pikachu out before I wind up being the one who takes the fall when people decide we need to be split up.
I'm just a passenger on this train, which is great right now.  When it inevitably falls apart I don't want to be the figurehead someone takes a shot at, but I'm also not one of the people Grouch Cop is specifically sore at.

On the flip side, I still have a warm relationship with Grouch but it feels strategically stagnant.  I don't have any relationship to speak of with Lucifer, and my conversation with Judy remains in first gear.  Lennie is pretty okay, and Hercule is clearly a Big Threat who is also my best potential connection from the people who are left out of Jake's alliance.

The exact timing of moves is a fluid thing here.
I'm happy if the Jake Peralta Gang wins the first vote and someone like Luci, Judy or Grouch goes out.  I'm okay with one more round keeping the gang together.
By the final nine, if no one else has jumped ship that may be my moment to do something with Hercule.  Changing sides is always a dangerous thing, but getting in with another big time threat provides a level of protection from being the first target.  It will be important to bring some numbers with me at that time.  I wonder if Scruff will be flexible enough to consider it.  I know Pikachu is that flexible, but jumping sides WITH Pika would only further the problematic narrative that we are unbreakable.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 06:54:29 pm »
I have this urge to make a trio chat with Grouch and Hercule... I really don't see any future potential in my relationships with Lucifer or Judy, it would be nice of Grouch and Hercule were the last two 99thers

Alexandra Cabot

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 04:17:05 am »
i'm dumb as rocks can you explain to me what the tribal vibe is currently

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 12:28:36 pm »
i'm dumb as rocks can you explain to me what the tribal vibe is currently
A million moving pieces and I'll give you a better explanation when the smoke clears tomorrow

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 04:39:06 pm »
Big majority could be coming together against Jake.  Thinking about leaving my vote on Pika to make him go on a witch-hunt.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 11:26:16 am »
End of the road