Author Topic: E5 - "At least I'm not racing to a red light"  (Read 517 times)

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
  • The Michael Jordan of being a sonofabitch
    • View Profile
E5 - "At least I'm not racing to a red light"
« on: July 12, 2020, 10:54:35 am »
The episode in which Rust gives up on keeping his confessional episodes consistent with the eliminations.  When you're immune for six straight rounds you can lose the thread a little bit.  This constant immunity is setting up a dangerous situation for those of us who have never been to tribal council.  If there is another swap, especially if it's a swap to three small tribes, we're all in serious jeopardy.  In that situation I may not even have a fellow never-vulnerable to hide behind.

Penelope/Pika/Nick/Rust is a grouping of necessity at the moment, but if the opportunity is there I won't hesitate to push any of them under the bus to blunt the narrative about all four of us.  There was some amount of planning done by Jake and/or Scruff regarding a majority of Jake/Scruff/Pika/Nick/Rust.  Once again, without a tribal council to temper that bond in I don't trust it to hold, even discounting my own willingness to abandon any previous alignment to advance my game.

It's a shame that Kate was eliminated and Quentin is still in the game.  The record will show him doing better than her, perhaps much better if he stays immune or his former tribe mates drag him deeper, but he is essentially not playing and Kate is still online all the time days after she was voted off.  My ledger may be the only record showing that she did better where it really counts, in how much she gave a damn.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
Re: E5 - "At least I'm not racing to a red light"
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 06:37:57 pm »
Well I'm glad we didn't swap and even gladder I'm sitting out of this mafia challenge

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 08:44:49 pm »
Going on three days since Jake has sent me a message.  Hmm...

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 04:43:23 pm »
There is an overall sense of complacency and malaise about this tribe.  A lack of urgency.  We're going to get shredded by whatever is left of the SVU at this rate for lack of bonding.  I'm back on my original plan of just keeping myself a couple spots from the bottom and looking for that power player who wants a vote in their pocket.  Perhaps most-active-player Hercule is that guy...

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 05:56:15 pm »
This Tiger mystery thing is very flavorful but feels decidedly non-standard

RIP Chase

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 10:38:20 pm »
All I want is to have a strong player take charge of a tribe I'm on but it doesn't seem like this new tribe has anyone like that.

Pikachu is unlikely to turn on me here, but Scruff is the person I really need to return from his busy life to play with me.  I don't trust Grouch Cop at all.  Leon had a nice introductory message that makes me want to start working with him.  Cheddar did the opposite and I would like to yeet him into outer space already.  Quentin still has not appeared in my inbox, at this rate I'll be immune all the way to the merge and never talk to him.

Chase's elimination creates an interesting situation.  The starting tribes are evenly distributed across these two new tribes, with the 12th and the 27th both having four players remaining to the six original 99thers.  I've been in an alliance with Detective Pikachu since early on that originally included Nick and Chase.  I always preferred my relationship with the latter two over Pikachu.  Even with Chase gone I still don't see Pika as a good wagon to hitch myself to.  He's too much of a defensive player.  I think my prospects are going to be better in the long term if the 12th Precinct continues to lose members.  However this current tribe does not really present a great opportunity to throw Pika under the bus because it would be so sketchy for anyone to do anything but target Quentin first here.  My knowledge of Scruff's connections is several rounds old now because he's been so unavailable, but I do know that aside from myself he's probably feeling best about Pikachu here, which is just one more impediment to getting Pikachu out during this tribal phase.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 10:53:46 am »
I would prefer to lose my heat in this challenge, as I do not want to receive any public clues for the Tiger game.  However this would be an awkward challenge to throw.  We'll see if it's possible to screw it up without looking obvious.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 01:15:10 pm »
Ranking my current tribemates in order of their importance to my game right now:

Scruff > Pikachu > Leon > Grouch > Cheddar > Quentin

Long term I would like to make a good connection with Leon, get involved with the 27th Precinct players as much as I can, eliminate Quentin and leave Grouch and Cheddar thinking I'm a weaker, low activity player.  I'm deliberately taking a long time to respond to both of them for the time being.

Leon says he felt close to Chase, but for reasons he doesn't entirely understand Chase went against him and so he had to vote against Chase.  Sounds like they got set up because they could have become a pair, and Chase was the real target because Hercule and Judy were worried about Cheddar pairing up with Chase as well.  I've told Leon that Chase was the only close connection I had on my original tribe and with him gone I feel closest now to Scruff and Jake.  This should hopefully lead to my inclusion with the 27th more generally at merge, and if I am the low man on their totem pole so much the better.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 09:00:53 pm »
To share the accomplice clue or not to share it... that is the question

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 09:12:17 pm »
I think sharing that I found it would only make me look threatening, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut and just see if anyone else finds it and shares that info with me.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 11:23:33 am »
Quote from: Quentin
Firstly, im sorry for not speaking to you here or on our last tribe. My wim sorta died due to not going to tribal and I was focused on the challange more than anything else when online.
Anyway, im not familiar with your character, what book/tv show/other is he from?
Quentin's lone message to me.  I'm not going to respond to him, but if I did all I would say is Let Me Google That For You.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2020, 01:46:41 pm »
Grouch found the fingerprint clue, told Pikachu who told me.  I already knew Pika trusted me, but it's good to know he wants to share such info.  It is very telling that Grouch shared this with Pikachu.  That's a pair I want to break up.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2020, 05:36:44 pm »
Very unsportsmanlike post by Lucifer in the challenge thread before it was locked.  Gloating.  Not a good look.