Author Topic: Voting Thread  (Read 717 times)

Sherlock Holmes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Voting Thread
« on: May 15, 2020, 12:46:13 pm »
While deducing exactly whom you wish to vote for is elementary for me, my comods insist on being spoon-fed everything. Could you help them out by posting who you want to vote for in this thread? It must be so boring not already knowing these answers!

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
  • Enchantress of all things possible.
    • View Profile
Re: Voting Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 09:15:08 pm »
Accuse Scar Greynolt
Use Idol on Myself
Vote: JUDY

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 10:57:23 pm »
Fuck it's Rita

Accuse RITA Laboudit
Use Idol on Myself
Vote: JUDY

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 03:54:45 pm »
Vote: Jake

This is a hard vote, and if this succeeds I think this will have been my best move all game. Jake has his hands in a lot of pockets right now and everyone knows that but no one wants to do anything about it. I think this vote will manage to take out a strong player and open up the entire merge. I love you Jake and I don't know how genuine your "Closest Friend And Ally" comments were. I think they were but there's too much risk that you're playing me here.

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 04:14:43 pm »
Vote: Scruff

Can I please have a successful vote?? For once please???

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 01:58:44 pm »
Vote Jake

one more successful vote????

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 04:01:27 am »
Vote Jake

Jake, if you're reading this after the game, I just want to say I'm sorry for pushing you so hard this merge. Whether or not flipping on you on the first vote was the right decision is still up in the air, but I'd like to hope that it is. Because of that vote, I have given myself a pretty burned bridge that enables me to dig my heels in hard to get you out in later rounds. I don't care if people expose me to you because you already know I'm gunning for you. And people know that they can use me to get you out if they want. I've given them an escape hatch. A break glass in case of emergency. This round will probably determine if someone will take that shot. If not, You're winning the game, 100%, and I'll be happy to vote for you, yet again.

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 04:12:29 am »
Vote: Lennie

Lennie <3 We've tried being "honest" with each other throughout the game, and it's been going rather well. We kept each other updated on votes even when we were never on the same side. Most of the time, you've had the power and I was constantly in your PMs begging for a crumb of information, and generally, you would give it to me, straightforwardly and honestly, and I really appreciated that. Now that the tables have turned, I am sorry for using that honesty against you. This round was a crazy one considering it was pretty much guaranteed that Judy would go home, and in that one hour where she was vulnerable, your side chose to strike. I think you're a great player and think you definitely could have won this game.

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 04:13:37 pm »
Vote Judy Hopps

God I hope you don't have an idol. I genuinely didn't want to get you out this round, but you ghosted me and since I planned on getting you out eventually, I'm fine with it happening now. You're definitely a sneaky character and can win this game with the moves you have made, but I hope this is the last time you see the light of day.

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 03:21:42 pm »
Vote: Hercule Poirot

It's you or me mon ami. Good luck with whatever happens <3

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2020, 04:31:44 pm »
I think I went into this FTC with my vote pretty open. I wanted to listen to both sides and hear the arguments. I think my vote was closest in the middle by the end of it, but it was the final closing speeches that sealed the deal for me.

While I think both had completely different game styles and plans throughout the game, I think I was much more satisfied with Poirot's gameplay. At least for me, I understood why he made the moves that he did and I felt like he was always doing what was best for his game. With Lucifer, I didn't feel like I understood what direction he was going throughout the merge and I wanted to get that info out of him through FTC. But he didn't give me any confidence in his answers. People have poked holes and critiqued his gameplay such as him indicating that immunity was necessary for his gameplay when the rounds he had it were expected outcomes. The only round he probably genuinely needed it was F4 and even then he faltered.

I also just did not feel comfortable with how he held on to the idea that Poirot's manipulation of Leon should have the jury flocking over to him. That is what nailed his coffin for me. Personally, I play this game as emotionally detached as I can because I know everyone else is doing what they can to win this game. We talked about this in our PMs and he explicitly stated that he tries not to take things personally in this game. To then utilize an emotional betrayal as a crutch seems disingenuous to me. While I understand Leon was definitely hurt and manipulated, I think Poirot displayed a complete mastery over the game and situation that he was able to get himself out of having to complete a challenge.

Vote: Poirot