Author Topic: Social  (Read 33196 times)

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
Re: Social
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2020, 01:16:54 pm »
Also obviously M. Morningstar ees better zan me at challenges. Zat goes without saying and ees not ze answer you wanted to 'ear, but eet ees ze case. I won a single Immunity challenge, while 'e won three, and mine would not 'ave been possible with ze guidance and support of Mlle Garcia.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
  • Welcome to Grouchland, now scram!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2020, 02:16:00 pm »
Okay so, I do want to make a bit of an apology. As a juror, I often ask things in a emotionally charged way to see how you will address and handle those sorts of criticisms. I wasn't feeling particularly well yesterday and I may have been a little excessive on that front. However, both of you answered what I was hoping to get out of you both in what I asked and why. So I thank you for that.

Let's have a much nicer fun question for you both. For each juror, what was your favourite moment with them that you shared? Whether it was a funny line or some topic of conversation you've had, or a really hard TC you got through together with them. Give us the parts of this game you loved most that each person influenced in some way.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2020, 03:22:01 pm »
Hello to the both of you, I am determining my vote on a couple of things, mainly at how well you both handle this FTC, and I want you both to know I am not really the one to grill but I am gonna try since no one is playing the mean Juror yet! :P

Lucifer: I am happy to see you here at the end and I would commend you on picking Poirot to be here in the end with you over Rust, because I think most of the Jurors will agree that it would have been a basically open and shut case on determining the winner. I'm really going to make my thoughts known in this post.

For the both of you: Something that is really big with me is communication. Poirot you are at a disadvantage of this with me because we really only got to play together for one whole round and at times during that round it felt like you were just ignoring my message that was sitting in your inbox. The thing is though you weren't the only one who was doing that to me during the course of the game. Poirot, while your Opening Speech was nice, it felt like you were pandering too much to everyone specifically as you were putting out specific names. Why did you feel like the need to do so? It didn't feel like you necessarily needed to do so.

Lucifer your disadvantage is from a different aspect, we started off really strong back on BAU when it came to messaging each other, but it quickly died off near the end of BAU mainly probably because we had all gotten complacent. When we first reconnected during the merge it felt like you were apprehensive at first to talk with me, possibly because of the fact that you were involved with my number one ally going home in the game? I also know that situation didn't exactly go smoothly because of communication issues. What is a moment in the game that you felt like was your biggest mistake?

So the question is, why should I specifically vote for you to win?

Lucifer Morningstar

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2020, 03:32:04 pm »
Quick question to both of you— in what areas did you feel your opponent did better than you, beyond anything structural? What sort of connections did they have or plays that they were able to make outshone your own? What events did they handle better, and where do you think they managed a specific person or situation better than you?

Feel free to give each other as much credit and compliments as you want. This is supposed to be a bit of a more relaxed question that doesn’t require as much thought.
Well I think the Grouch blindside was a big play Poirot was able to make and I never pulled off anything similar. Part of it was me just not wanting to backstab people, but like it was well executed on his part and had people pretty surprised.

Lucifer Morningstar

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2020, 03:48:08 pm »
To be quite honest, I'm not being as pandered as I want to be this FTC. In all seriousness, I want to ask Lucifer about mine and Judy's tribals. What did you stand to gain from those? You talk about the messages and feeling you got that I was coming up next in the boot order, but you didn't like it because you had me as leverage as an ally, so what did it take to convince you to actually vote me out? You seem a bit flip floppy about that reasoning so I'm a bit confused. Without challenge wins, were you in a safe and secure position without Judy and I was shields?

Poirot, I understood your reasoning during the game and understand it now, so I don't have a question for you for my tribal.
I was OK with voting you out for a couple reasons, like for me I just felt like I wanted to take out Judy first. First- in a similar way to Rust, I think you had played a pretty solid game and could've won over a jury more easily and I couldn't differentiate my game well from you. Like I think my basic case against Poirot is that I was way better at challenges, I didn't backstab anyone, I had to fight really hard to get here as someone who wasn't in the majority at times during merge and my allies and the people I was close to are people he wasn't. Against you- you can claim a lot of that same stuff and I can't differentiate in the same way. I felt like taking you out in the spot before Rust was uniquely important because I felt you were better at challenges than he was.

One- I think I'm in an OK spot even without the challenge wins. Like even if I lose at the FIC and Rust or Hercule wins- I think they'd both take me. At F4 it's harder to say, because I didn't realize where Leon was at. I was anticipating the two of us were solid and could at least tie the vote and that we were both of the understanding that our best chances at FTC were against each other. Once that TC actually happened I was rudely awakened to the fact that he didn't share those views necessarily, but I still think I would've been OK. I think there's a possibility I could've gotten someone else to tie the vote for me and possibly still vote Leon even if he didn't.
Second- I was OK banking my game on winning those challenges if I had to. I think you have to take risks in this game and that was one I felt good about taking and it worked out for me.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2020, 04:15:19 pm »
Okay so, I do want to make a bit of an apology. As a juror, I often ask things in a emotionally charged way to see how you will address and handle those sorts of criticisms. I wasn't feeling particularly well yesterday and I may have been a little excessive on that front. However, both of you answered what I was hoping to get out of you both in what I asked and why. So I thank you for that.

Let's have a much nicer fun question for you both. For each juror, what was your favourite moment with them that you shared? Whether it was a funny line or some topic of conversation you've had, or a really hard TC you got through together with them. Give us the parts of this game you loved most that each person influenced in some way.

You do not need to apologize, mon ami, at least not to me. Eet would be understandable if you were even more emotional with me zan you 'ave been given ze way our relationship was and ze way eet ended. But I'm glad zat you felt you got what you needed from my response. And I'm sorry zat you weren't feeling well and 'ope zat you feel better.

I was 'oping to get zis question! Thinking back and remembering ze fun moments with each individual ees one of my favorite things to do.

With M. Pikachu, I really enjoyed ze moment where we both admitted zat we 'ad tried to get each other eliminated and failed. Eet was refreshing to me, especially because neither of us knew each other zat well so we couldn't even be mad about eet. I also enjoyed zat we kept our non-game discussion about musical theater going all throughout a hectic TC. I think 'e was one of ze only people ze whole game I did zat with, and I'm glad zat I did, because eet turns out zat we only 'ad zat round together to 'ave eet.

With M. McGruff, I found trying to sort out what 'appened after ze M. Peralta idol play really amusing. Eet was just layers upon layers of confusion and people misunderstanding or misreading each other and not communicating well, and M. McGruff and I didn't actually 'ave zat trust built up with each other because we 'ad just met, so both of us trying to figure out if we actually were on ze same page ze previous round and didn't realize eet was just so funny to me. I'm laughing now just thinking about eet. Zat merge round was such a mess.

With M. Grouch, 'onestly I 'ave a 'ard time isolating a single moment because zere were so many good ones, but I think my top one 'as to be ze absolute elation I felt finally getting reunited at merge. Eet was such an emotional high for me because I 'ad been missing you and wishing you were on my tribe for so long, and so finally meeting up with you again and comparing notes and realizing zat you 'ad almost gone 'ome ze previous round and everything was such a whirlwind and a great, memorable moment. I was basically vomiting information to you, which was probably not ze most smart on my part, but in zat moment, after 'aving been denied access to you for so long, I couldn't 'elp eet. And zen really we 'ad great moments throughout ze merge and really I feel like every interaction I 'ad with you was a memorable moment in eets own way, but zat reunion at ze merge takes ze cake.

With M. Peralta, 'is idol play ees my favorite moment with 'im I think. I was so elated after zose results I can't even tell you, and celebrating with 'im and M. Briscoe was everything I ever wanted. Eet was just such a joyful, surprising moment, and eet ees so rare in zis game zat you get pleasant surprises. I laughed out loud when I saw those results, and M. Peralta made zem possible. I also really enjoyed a 'eart to 'eart zat 'e and I 'ad later in ze merge about 'is philosophy towards ze game in which we solidified zat we were committed to each other as far as we could go together, but nothing can match ze sheer joy and surprise of zat idol play.

With M. Briscoe, again eet ees so 'ard to isolate a single moment because zere were so many good ones. I actually really did enjoy 'aving 'im to confide in and rely on during ze M. Peralta boot and during 'is elimination. We were always keeping each other updated and giving each other ideas about 'ow to turn things around. 'E told me zat M. Morningstar was targeting me because of my association with Mlle Hopps, so I was able to take zat to Mlle Hopps to try to get 'er to change 'er mind and target 'im. I was always giving 'im updates about what was going on, and I think we 'ad to rely on each other ze most in ze rounds where things were not going our way, so zose are ze moments I think of when I think of 'im. But I also loved our time on SVU together and we always tried to keep up our social relationship, from our early conversations about Christie to our later conversations about Big Brother. My relationship with M. Briscoe meant so, so much to me.

With Mlle Hopps, she brought me so much entertainment zis game I can't even tell you. I love 'er schemes. I love 'er plots. I love zat she thinks outside of ze box. I loved our non-game talk and getting ze chance to discuss history and media and so much more. I actually am struggling to come up with a single favorite moment because zere are so many good ones, but I actually think I'm going to go with a bit of a dark horse and say zat ze way she told M. Chan zat she 'ad no reason to want to keep 'im in ze game in ze groupchat with M. Chan, M. Cheddar, and ze two of us was such a delightful early moment and ze moment zat I knew zat oui, Mlle Hopps ees great and my kind of ally. Ze lapin ees honest in ze most brutal, hilarious way, and I appreciate zat so much. 'Er approach to ze M. Wilde round was fantastique as well and kept me entertained, where she told M. Wilde to 'is face zat she knew 'e was voting for 'er, she was going to vote for 'im, and she was 'aving ze tiger idol played on 'er. No one plays zat way, and yet Mlle Hopps did and made eet work for 'er at ze way up to ze final 6. Mon Dieu, I love 'er so much. She's so honest, eet's parfait. I know zis was more zan one moment but Mlle Hopps really deserves eet. She ees a huge part of ze raison zat I enjoyed zis game as much as I did.

With Mlle Garcia, really all of our conversations were a delight and brought a smile to my face, and 'er sending me Karen Puzzles videos during TC never failed to relax me, but winning Immunity with 'er ees one of my favorites moments of ze game, so I 'ave to go with zat. I am not confident in my challenge ability. When Mlle Garcia first told me zat she wanted to partner with me, I almost turned 'er away because I knew 'ow badly she might need Immunity zat round, and I didn't want to drag 'er down. But she believed in me and in my ability to do ze challenge and put 'er fate in my 'ands, and zen I didn't let 'er down. Eet was such a wonderful moment. Such an emotional moment for me. Celebrating with 'er afterwards was just pure joy. I don't think I needed Immunity zat round, but she definitely did, and I was so, so glad to be zere for 'er and to go through zat together, and our time blew everyone else out of ze water. Thank you, Mlle Garcia. When I say zat you 'ave fundamentally changed my attitude towards challenges for ze better, I mean eet. Zat moment ees probably one of ze things I'm most proud of zis whole game.

With M. Kennedy, reconnecting with 'im after I attempted to flip ze vote on 'im during ze M. Briscoe round was my favorite moment. I enjoyed M. Kennedy ze moment I met 'im, and we always 'ad a bond, but throughout ze merge, I sometimes did wonder where I truly stood in 'is ranking. I knew zat 'e liked me a lot, but other people would tell me 'ow M. Kennedy said similar things to zem, and I didn't know for sure zat I was really ze person (or one of ze people) 'e was loyal to over anyone else. Trying to take 'im out during ze M. Briscoe vote made sense, but when eet failed and M. Kennedy found out about eet, I was absolutely crushed because I feared zat my relationship with 'im might be permanently ruined after I breached zat trust. But 'e forgave me. 'E listened to what I 'ad to say and 'e accepted me as an ally once again, and zat meant so, so much to me. I think zis actually somewhat strengthened our relationship and brought us to an even better place 'eading into zose last few rounds. So often in zis game, players refuse to let go of old conflicts, especially newer players, so M. Kennedy being willing to do zat meant so much to me.

M. Cohle- My favorite moment with M. Cohle was ze F4, and immediately after ze F4. M. Cohle for me was one of zose relationships in zis game zat you make and you 'ope zat you will be able to pull something off eventually with, but you never know for sure, so ze fact zat we actually made such an incroyable move together was everything. Ze stress of not knowing for sure if ze 2-1-1 would go through or if someone's vote would change was excruciating, and M. Cohle's support 'elped me get through eet. And zen ze celebration we 'ad when M. Kennedy went 'ome and one of us was guaranteed to make eet to ze F2 was such an emotional high. I also appreciated zat we kept messaging each other even after M. Morningstar won Immunity, even though M. Morningstar wasn't talking to either of us and so we both just kind of felt like we were in limbo waiting to be told our fate. Zat was a tough 24 hours of waiting, and M. Cohle made eet more bearable. For zat, I am incredibly grateful.

Hercule Poirot

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2020, 04:53:21 pm »
Hello to the both of you, I am determining my vote on a couple of things, mainly at how well you both handle this FTC, and I want you both to know I am not really the one to grill but I am gonna try since no one is playing the mean Juror yet! :P

Lucifer: I am happy to see you here at the end and I would commend you on picking Poirot to be here in the end with you over Rust, because I think most of the Jurors will agree that it would have been a basically open and shut case on determining the winner. I'm really going to make my thoughts known in this post.

For the both of you: Something that is really big with me is communication. Poirot you are at a disadvantage of this with me because we really only got to play together for one whole round and at times during that round it felt like you were just ignoring my message that was sitting in your inbox. The thing is though you weren't the only one who was doing that to me during the course of the game. Poirot, while your Opening Speech was nice, it felt like you were pandering too much to everyone specifically as you were putting out specific names. Why did you feel like the need to do so? It didn't feel like you necessarily needed to do so.

Lucifer your disadvantage is from a different aspect, we started off really strong back on BAU when it came to messaging each other, but it quickly died off near the end of BAU mainly probably because we had all gotten complacent. When we first reconnected during the merge it felt like you were apprehensive at first to talk with me, possibly because of the fact that you were involved with my number one ally going home in the game? I also know that situation didn't exactly go smoothly because of communication issues. What is a moment in the game that you felt like was your biggest mistake?

Bonsoir M. Pikachu. Eet ees nice to 'ear from you.

I agree zat eet ees most regrettable zat we did not 'ave more time together. I did enjoy our conversation for ze one round we knew each other, but a single round, especially a merge round with a million things 'appening at once, ees quite a short time to try to make a bond with someone. I'm glad zat are you still coming in with an open mind, 'owever.

So I don't think zat I ever intentionally ignored anyone zis game. Unless I was on my phone, I really tried to never read a message and zen not immediately respond unless something came up in my life where I couldn't. Obviously zere were exceptions I'm sure, but I generally did try to maintain communication with people even if I was voting zem out, though if zey stopped talking to me zen zat was different.

I did, 'owever, write 'uge walls of text to some people, and at ze merge in particular, I was trying to reconnect with old allies and get a sense of what 'ad been 'appening since we were separated. I also was trying to meet you, M. McGruff, and M. Cohle all at ze same time.

I am sorry if you feel zat I neglected you, 'owever. Sometimes in ze early merge, eet would feel like I would get a PM and respond to eet and zen get three more PMs and zen respond and zen get two more and eet would go on like zat, so zen I would be at eet for a few hours before I realized zat I 'ad forgotten to message someone, so eet ees very possible zat zat ees what 'appened between us. But I do understand zat you kind of 'ave to base your impressions of me on zis round because eet ees ze only round together zat we 'ave.

With regard to my speech pandering too much, mon ami, eet ees such a 'ard thing. Mlle Garcia 'as already said zere 'as not been enough pandering at zis TC for 'er liking. I know zat if I neglected to mention someone's name, zat might understandably make zem feel like zey were not an central part of my journey. I think acknowledging ze roles zat each and every Juror played in getting me to zis point ees important. But per'aps forcing mentions of you and M. McGruff, who I really did not get to know zat well, into ze first section of my speech was pandering, and I should 'ave avoided eet. I tend to err on ze side of acknowledging Jurors too much rather zan not acknowledging zem at all, but to an extent zis ees going to be personal preference, and I'm not sure zat you can please everyone. I don't necessarily think I needed to take zat approach, but eet was ze approach zat I chose. I'd definitely rather include mentions of Jurors in my speech too much rather zan not enough.

I'm not sure if zat last question ees for me or not, but I'm going answer eet anyway. I think you specifically should vote for me because despite ze fact zat we only were together for a single round, I was respectful towards you during zat single round, and we did 'ave a nice conversation going. I don't think you should penalize me just because ze swaps worked out in such a way where we never met until ze merge. And I think my game ees strong, and during ze time we were together you could see zat. You attempted to push ze vote on to me (and M. Briscoe/Mlle Hopps) in zat 1227 groupchat, and eet immediately backfired on you because of 'ow well-positioned I was and ees a 'uge part of ze raison zat you were idoled out. I think zat I played a great game and even during our single round together, you were able to witness some parts of eet first'and (and you can read about others in my speech/at ze rest of FTC).

Lucifer Morningstar

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2020, 05:31:47 pm »

Your questions didn't bother me at all, you've been kind to me and given me an important opportunity to clarify things and I really appreciate that.

I think my favorite situation with Pikachu was the first merge TC when he got us together and suggested voting out Jake. I hadn't felt super great about my position in the game and was really apprehensive about the merge and knew my name had come up at least a little bit and I hadn't been hearing much from people which made me nervous. I was also slightly uncomfortable about where I stood with Pikachu, because I'd voted out Nick a round ago. Him reaching out was a big step in making that vote happen and it made me really excited. I had quietly wanted Jake gone for a minute at that point and so the target was perfect and I was really excited to be a part of an alliance with Pikachu/you/Rust and I was hopeful we could take some control over the merge. It didn't work out like I'd hoped, but Pikachu reached out to me and made amends when I was worried and overlooked the fact that I voted out an ally of his when he would've been justified in being upset at that and I really appreciated that.

My favorite situation with Scruff was when I first met him on the BAU. Tribe swaps are always a nervous time for me, because I don't have a great idea what's going to happen going into them and in that situation it was four 12 members and we had Quentin from our tribe, who I didn't feel comfortable counting on in the slightest. I felt like my conversation with Scruff got off to a good start and he was the first new member of that tribe I really connected with. His openness and the fun conversation we had and the alliance* we were able to form a little later made me happy and gave me some much needed security when I was apprehensive.
(*you might notice a trend- people offering me an alliance, specifically early on in games makes me really happy and gives me a lot of hope. I know people often end up with a lot of alliances and don't really stick to them, but it's always exciting for me and gives me some confidence)

I had a lot of really fun moments with you. This isn't really a specific moment, but early on in the game I really enjoyed spending lots of late nights talking to you. We were constantly sharing music and talked about a lot of different fun things. I've always been someone who stays up really late and quarantine led to me staying up even later than usual and it's often my favorite part of the day. It's when I can kind of relax and enjoy life after difficult days and having you to keep me company was really cool and made it all the more fun and I loved being able to talk to you then when we were usually like the only ones online. There were lots of other fun moments too- like our initial conversation when we first met, all the various times we were scheming together, etc, but that was one thing in particular I enjoyed.

Discussing music with Jake was really fun for me. Like I always love listening to music and it's something I like talking about in these games. On the BAU we talked about it a lot and I really love how we were able to bond over it. At first I was really worried because like the music he liked was really foreign to me and it wasn't the stuff I normally listen to, but I gave it a try and it wasn't bad and over time we were able to find like this middle ground of like modern pop rock music that we could bond over which was really cool. He had a really charismatic personality that made our conversations a lot of fun.

I felt like I had a really fun conversation with Lennie going when we first met- we talked about like music and board games and lots of other fun stuff and I thoroughly enjoyed all of it. Part of me is still really sad we weren't able to continue things after that and work together more later in the game. I feel like I missed an opportunity to connect with him more during the Strike Team TC. We were both ended up being on the same side, but I was hesitant about talking to him at first because I wasn't sure where he was at and our conversation kind of stalled out, but the discussions we had prior to that were really fun and I enjoyed them a lot.

My favorite moment with Judy was probably the one tribal council on Strike Team. I had really liked her at first, but felt like we kind of left things a little awkwardly at the end of our time on the 99. Being together on Strike Team gave us the opportunity to reconnect and I think we took advantage of it at that tribal council. We were able to agree to vote Nick early on and then throughout that TC, Judy really kind of kept me comfortable? Like she told me about my name coming up which I really appreciated and about the idol and I tried to be really upfront with her too about where I was at. It was the first time my name had came up all game and I honestly got a little stressed out and having her to talk to made it a lot better. And it was a good transition from the string of depressing topics we had discussed prior to that TC happening.

I had a lot of fun times with Penelope. I loved talking to her. I think one of my favorite moments was when we were discussing the F6 and F5 challenges. I'd made some snide comment about how it was hard to tell the difference between a tree and a nail after the F6 challenge and then I'd promised that I would win the F5 challenge with a time of three minutes and after the challenge she kind of roasted me for doing horribly and I couldn't help but find it funny.

Being able to connect with Leon late in the game was cool. He was the only person I'd never met coming into merge and I felt like we got off to a slow start. Both due to time zones and the fact that we were just on different sides of the game and kind of opposed to each other early on. We were able to work past that though later in the game and started building more of a relationship and that was really cool. I felt like we were finally able to connect and work together a little bit and it was great getting to know him. He was a really sweet person and I'm glad we got to spend some time working together later in the game.

Rust kind of felt like my rock this game. He was really the one person in this game that was there from me from the beginning of merge until the end. Like I could always without fail count on him to have my back no matter what and that meant so much. I've struggled with the games in the past because they're very individualistic and I'm not always that great at that. Like I really like having friends I can confide in and tell everything too and so having him really helped me navigate the merge. Honestly on a personal and emotional level, I felt pretty horrible about voting him out at F3 because he'd been there for me consistently and it felt like I was kind of single-handedly crushing his dreams of winning the game after we'd been together for so long.

Lucifer Morningstar

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2020, 06:24:57 pm »

That definitely became an issue. I think challenges ended up being a big strength of my game play, but part of me honestly wonders if it would've been good for us to lose a challenge on the BAU. I don't want to second guess it too much, because I ended up here and everything worked out good for me in the long run, but I think it could've really helped some of my relationships on the BAU. Like you said- we all got really complacent and I think that was a product of just nothing going on.

Nick going was something that did make me really apprehensive. He had created that three musketeers alliance chat with us and I was really excited about it at first and wanted to work with both of you, but when I ended up having to vote him out- I honestly felt like I had kind of betrayed you and I wasn't sure how you would react to it. You ended up being really gracious and understanding and I really appreciated that, but early on in the merge I was worried I had burned a bridge with you. After that tribal council started and we were on the same page with that vote, I felt a lot better about things between us and was really excited to work with you going forward, but unfortunately that idol happened.

Leon going at F4 is something I feel was a mistake. I feel like I got a little bit complacent there- in my mind it seemed really logical that we should work together there and try to get to the end together because that made a lot of sense for both of us in my opinion. If he was completely unwilling to work with me, then it may have turned out the same way- but at the very least I think I could've done more to try to make sure things worked out between us. I think at it's core- this mistake kind of comes down to the fact that my communication wasn't perfect, but I realize that, I'm committed to improving it and I don't think it should inherently bar me from winning this game.

Here's why you should specifically vote for me-
First off, don't penalize me for spending more time with you. The fact that I holistically spent more time with the jurors pre-merge than Poirot did is directly linked to the fact that my structural game play was better. Communication is what's important to you: Me and Poirot both made mistakes communicating this game- My inability to connect with you when merge hit was certainly one of those incidental communication mistakes I made, but I think I showed an ability to overcome those mistakes when I needed to. You saw this when we were able to reconnect at the Final 11 by reaching an agreement to vote Jake together. I never intentionally miscommunicated with jurors to blindside them. I tried to be honest with you about what was going on when were together- I never ignored you. You were somebody that comparatively I talked to quite a lot. I haven't pandered to you and have instead tried to be as straightforward as I can because I feel like that's the best way to communicate properly with you. I think I played a good game and while I wasn't perfect, I do think I communicated well with you and comparatively communicated better. So commend me by voting for me.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
  • The Michael Jordan of being a sonofabitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2020, 08:09:52 pm »
My question is for Lucifer Morningstar.

For my last 72 hours in the game you didn't PM me.  What the hell, man?

Lucifer Morningstar

• Mafiascum's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2020, 10:29:30 pm »
My question is for Lucifer Morningstar.

For my last 72 hours in the game you didn't PM me.  What the hell, man?
Sorry, that's my mistake.

Like I really don't want to go into too much detail- but I was dealing with a lot of drama irl and wasn't able to put as much time into the game as I wanted last weekend.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
  • Welcome to Grouchland, now scram!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2020, 03:35:01 pm »
So, I'm largely set on how I am going to vote here, even though where I ended up was not where I expected to, but you both still have a chance you could change my mind depending on how you write your closing speeches.

Hercule, you've spent a lot of time here trying to give people exactly what you think that they want from you, and as much as possible have tried to frame your game according to those assumptions. It is commendable that you have the social skills in which you can do that. However, what I want from you in a closing is for you to be unapologetic about the game that you played. Don't tell us what you think we want, tell us what you think is true and accurate, flaws and all. Take a risk.

Lucifer, you've done the opposite imo. You've never pretended that your game was anything more or less than it was. You've presented it with all of its flaws and asked us to consider voting for it anyways. And using the hand you were dealt with the skills you had to their fullest potentials. And that kind of selfawareness is rare, and not something easily taught. What I want from you is, what has this game taught you? In what ways have you improved as a player and a person through this game?  What kind of specifics can you point to? I want you to give the shinest most flattering version of your game with details that you can.

I think you've both played your hearts out and should be commended on all that you've done. You've also both been incredibly gracious and haven't let any of the stress of FTC goad you into giving less than your best in your answers as politely as possible, so well done.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

Rust Cohle

• Desk Duty
  • The Michael Jordan of being a sonofabitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2020, 04:53:02 pm »
Someone once told me, 'Time is a flat circle.' Everything we've ever done or will do, we're gonna do over and over and over again.

Well, once there was only dark. You ask me, the light's winning.

Congratulations to you both.