Author Topic: Taking a bite out of crime-- and the competition! (Episode One)  (Read 1208 times)

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
  • Facing a five-course meal of crime.
    • View Profile
Hey there, everyone! Very stoked to get to play in these games again. Never played in this forum format, so I'm excited to see what the differences are. Will specs still ask questions as usual?

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Taking a bite out of crime-- and the competition! (Episode One)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 09:25:20 am »
Of course they will!

I know it's too early to get impressions of your castmates, so I'll ask how you're feeling about the challenge.

How are you feeling about the challenge?

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 09:32:17 am »
Well, I actually do have a solid impression of two of my castmates! Ace seems nice enough, but he's nowhere near as talkative as I'd like him to be. Jake is better about keeping up conversation, of course, but I'm not sure if I can trust him as an ally just yet.

That said, I'm actually feeling confident about this challenge! Only one team is going, so the odds of winning or placing second to avoid tribal are high.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 09:53:00 am »
Hi Scruff, thanks for always encouraging the youth to be better!

With your PM conversations, you mentioned one of them is great at keeping up a conversation. What are you hoping to achieve in this social context that would determine whether or not Jake would be a good ally (or an ally at all)?

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 09:58:36 am »
Hmm. I think the only thing that's making me hesitant to be an ally of his is his general PM title 'Scruff and Jake' and the fact that I've spent less than an hour with him. Otherwise, he seems to be a nice guy in general!

Here are my first impressions of everyone so far:
Ace - Seems to be short-winded, but it's not a bad thing since he responds quickly.
Jake - Very long-winded, easily the best conversations so far. Hopefully I can establish a secure relationship with him in the future
Paul - Hasn't played in a while-- and neither have I. I can respect a meme pick, so I'm looking forward to getting along with him as well.
The Law and Order dude - Seems to be the older type, which isn't a bad thing. Isn't at the top of my potential ally list, but we can see how that changes.
Leon - Says he's a newbie, which I don't entirely trust. If it's true, though, I want to help him through and make his first experience a good one!

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 10:06:27 am »
I, for one, love a good conversation. Are there any fun snippets that you can share with us?
Now that you're starting to get a feel for your tribemates' personalities, what are you looking for in allies?

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 10:10:04 am »
Hmm. Not yet, but I have a feeling that will change in the future. Luckily, this doesn't seem like a crazy tribe, so I think I'll be fitting in well.

That said, my primary goal in finding allies is someone that I can bounce ideas off of. So far, my list looks a bit like this:
Jake
Paul
Ace
Leon
Hannah
Lennie

Nothing personal to Hannah or Lennie, our conversations just haven't been as interesting, and I'm prioritizing Leon over them because he claims he's new.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 10:41:59 am »
Where would I fit on that list?

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 10:51:07 am »
Well, you can't vote, so I don't think you'd be my most valuable ally. That said, if I'm able to bounce my opinions off of you, I'd be more than happy to not vote you off for now.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2020, 11:00:17 am »
Anyway, out of everyone so far, I get the impression that... Lennie might be the first to go from our tribe, with Hannah shortly after? Not sure what people's general opinion of me is, so I think anything can happen.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2020, 02:36:33 pm »
What sort of persona are you pushing towards your tribemates? Would that be a good gauge of what they may think of you?

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2020, 10:03:51 pm »
Hmm, that's a really good question. I usually try to play the 'sneaky bastard who will backstab you' role, but this time, I've been trying to switch it up and act as the 'Noble Wingman' to people that I care about, such as Jake. Not sure how long that'll last, but I'll try to keep up my noble appearance for as long as possible.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 06:00:47 am »
By the way, in a continued response to Scooby's post in the main confessional thread-- I feel confident that I can have Leon as my second in command now. Even if he is lying about being a newbie, he's the one who I feel the most solid about that didn't breach the topic of an alliance with me within the first three messages or so-- and I don't have to worry about him discarding me later down the line since he doesn't have as much power over the tribe as someone, like, say, Jake.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 06:04:29 am »
Here are my revised trust rankings for the tribe with a short tidbit on each of them, in order from most to least trusted.

Leon - Really nice guy and my first official ally that I feel like I can trust. We click super well together.
Lennie - I had doubts initially, but he seems genuine about wanting to work together. I still should watch my back for him later down the line.
Jake - Is great to talk to. Potentially has too much power over the tribe. That's the only reason he's this low.
Paul - I personally don't have a problem with him. However, a strong commitment to allying with him would only harm my game, since others dislike him.
Ace - Quirky. That's really all there is to say. Really quiet otherwise.
Hannah - ...Boring? I feel like we really haven't connected much, and Leon explicitly stated that he'd want to see her be the first to go if we lost.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2020, 09:37:21 am »
Okay, yep, I see what Leon is saying about Hannah having very short replies. She is definitely who I'm going to push for if/when we do end up going to tribal council. Something about her just... doesn't really come off as genuine, and it's hard making a connection when everything is just positivity and no actual opinion on anything.

Also, the forum is saying that positivity isn't an actual word. What in the world. Go home, game, you're drunk.