Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 4668 times)

Lennie Briscoe

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2020, 08:40:34 pm »
I'm still not clear on what happened on that vote, other than that Leon voted for Rust so Poirot must have voted for Leon, but he could have voted Rust and gotten Rust out, which seems like a far better move? Maybe it was the sort of thing where he wasn't certain how the votes would fall, or that he'd irrevocably burn Rust's jury vote if he tricked him into voting Leon and then backstabbed him?

I voted for Hercule.
Lucifer voted for Rust.
Hercule and Rust voted for me.
Oh sorry, I misunderstood then. But still I have the same question about Rust then, I guess it substantially increases the likelihood that he's in the F2.

Scruff McGruff

• Desk Duty
  • Facing a five-course meal of crime.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2020, 11:18:19 pm »
Oh btw, @Scruff, were you really my closest ally in the game? I'd love to know your honest answer.

You were my closest ally up until somewhere in the middle of the Narcotics Unit where you mentioned that you were doubting the validity of our bond together-- around maybe the vote after Cheddar? With you saying that you would be fine with a Pikachu and Grouch alliance (with us in it), that showed that you didn't have a lot of trust or faith in what I was saying and that I likely couldn't rely on you to stick with me 100% of the time in the future-- thus me growing attached to Rust (And Pikachu, to a lesser extent) over the course of that tribe. I was absolutely on your side throughout the first tribe and I pretty much fought for your name to never be brought up or even mentioned despite the mediocre challenge performances.

Leon Kennedy

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2020, 09:21:41 am »
Oh btw, @Scruff, were you really my closest ally in the game? I'd love to know your honest answer.

You were my closest ally up until somewhere in the middle of the Narcotics Unit where you mentioned that you were doubting the validity of our bond together-- around maybe the vote after Cheddar? With you saying that you would be fine with a Pikachu and Grouch alliance (with us in it), that showed that you didn't have a lot of trust or faith in what I was saying and that I likely couldn't rely on you to stick with me 100% of the time in the future-- thus me growing attached to Rust (And Pikachu, to a lesser extent) over the course of that tribe. I was absolutely on your side throughout the first tribe and I pretty much fought for your name to never be brought up or even mentioned despite the mediocre challenge performances.

Rust was actually the reason why I doubted you cause he said you and Pikachu have some sort of "secret" closeness, so I was questioning it cause I know you were my closest ally. I never would turn my back on you lol.  I also tried to save you after Pikachu was idoled out.

« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2020, 09:47:22 am »

Rust was actually the reason why I doubted you cause he said you and Pikachu have some sort of "secret" closeness, so I was questioning it cause I know you were my closest ally. I never would turn my back on you lol.  I also tried to save you after Pikachu was idoled out.

I’ll comment more in a little bit when I’m done moving but I can elaborate on this as well if Scruff doesn’t beat me to it

Judy Hopps

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2020, 05:25:30 pm »
If Lucifer doesn't remove Rust, he is asking to lose.
Do not call me Joody Hoops!

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
  • Welcome to Grouchland, now scram!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2020, 05:59:20 pm »
Is he though? I think either path Lucifer takes is a particularly hard one depending on how he sells his game. I can see reasonings for going either way. Also, I don't think us as a whole jury is 100% set on voting for anybody not Lucifer or all in on Rust. FTC can make or break all of them depending on what it is that we ask them and what information we already have. I think it's a little naive to call it now should Luci choose Rust to sit next to him.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2020, 06:11:35 pm »
Additionally, Hercule put all of us here, no? Was there a vote he wasn't a part of? While most people might consider that we'd all be salty about it, I don't think we are. But sitting next to the guy who voted correctly except for the first round which was an idol play sounds just as bad as someone who may have had a similar path to you. I can absolutely see rational and correct reasons not to take Hercule. And I don't think either of Luci's choices will be him asking to lose, they will likely be what can he argue against best with the game that he played.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

Judy Hopps

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2020, 06:14:45 pm »
Hercule was less cognisant of what was happening though in general. Rust's FTC is going to be huge. I have already learnt a heap about stuff I had zero idea about that Rust was doing. And Poirot gave me the impression of knowing even less than I did.

Lucifer starts from behind on both, but he has at least some semblance of an argument when pitted against Poirot. Is there any rubric metric that Lucifer has over Rust? Challenges? He has that even mores over Poirot.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2020, 06:31:09 pm »
*shrugs* I don't think it's so cut and dry. Maybe for you it is, and that's your metric for voting, which is fine. But I've seen some amazing games not win because their FTC was trash, and other games that nobody even considered a possibility knock it out of the park. So I suppose it's a difference of opinion on that front, I always wait until closing speeches before I even consider saying whether or not the person who got to choose their FTC partner(s) chose incorrectly or not.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
  • Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2020, 06:56:59 pm »
I think Rust has an edge, but you’re underselling Poirot.

I think it’s still anyone’s game.
Oh my god this is just like Die Hard!

Lennie Briscoe

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2020, 10:05:22 pm »
I'm very much biased because I'd like to see Poirot at the end, but I do think Lucifer probably has a better chance to distinguish his game from Poirot than Rust.

I'm with Grouch and Jake that a lot can happen at FTC, this is far from decided. I think additionally, I feel like none of us has a great handle on how Lucifer's game/how he perceives it/how he intends to present it, so to me he's just a big unknown. I'm pretty open to hearing his perspective on how he approached the game and what he did to navigate the merge.

Judy Hopps

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2020, 10:13:38 pm »
I mean, I had a conversation with him about how to sell himself in FTC because he was getting pretty defeatist after the Grouch elimination.

Penelope Garcia

• Desk Duty
  • Enchantress of all things possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2020, 05:37:16 pm »
I mean, I had a conversation with him about how to sell himself in FTC because he was getting pretty defeatist after the Grouch elimination.

I'm sure all of us undersold ourselves throughout the game and didn't talk about what we thought our selling points were. I'm sure you'll get a completely different picture once FTC starts.

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2020, 04:06:38 pm »
@mods: are we limited in the amount of questions/responses we're allowed to have? Also are you going to be strict about where we ask questions? Like do they have to fit whatever overarching category or can we ask whatever we want to ask wherever as long as an attempt to fit the preferred threads is made?

Joss Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2020, 04:10:38 pm »
No, and not super-strict but make a good-faith effort, respectively.  We aren't gonna delete questions that we think are better suited for another thread if the topic straddles the line of two of them.