Author Topic: Lennie Briscoe - Fifth Juror  (Read 767 times)

Grouch Cop

• Desk Duty
  • Welcome to Grouchland, now scram!
    • View Profile
Re: Lennie Briscoe - Fifth Juror
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2020, 02:51:22 pm »
Mm, it's funny though, I feel much more betrayed by being sent home than I would have been by it being Lucifer going. Because the way Hercule and I were talking about everything that round, I always had the awareness that he would do what was in his best interest and that may not line up with where I was voting, so him sending someone else home wouldn't be all scorched earth for me. And considering the kind of close I thought he and I were, sending me out and it being his reasoning rather than Judy or any of the rest of you, that's a much bigger betrayal than he thinks. But thank you for the confirmation of my theory. I kinda wanted to be wrong, but here we are.
You have the right to scream your head off. Should you give up the right to scream your head off, someone who will scream their head off... will be provided for you.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
  • Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2020, 03:32:22 pm »
Yeah, but a betrayed juror can be won over at FTC and might respect the move, a betrayed living player holds a grudge. We figured you were more likely to hold a player-grudge.

Besides, Lucifer was a known quantity. I can't speak for the others, but I didn't know where you were going to land in most votes.

As for Poirot, he was simply at a point where he had to choose allies. Things were about to break one way or the other, and he chose the alliances which looked more stable.
Oh my god this is just like Die Hard!

Lennie Briscoe

• Desk Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2020, 03:54:14 pm »
Mm, it's funny though, I feel much more betrayed by being sent home than I would have been by it being Lucifer going.
I think I should have expressed this better. Of course voting you out is the greater betrayal, I wasn’t suggesting otherwise. What I’m saying is that if we voted you out, Lucifer feels less burned as the person staying in than you would if Lucifer had gone.

I really don’t know what if any discussions Poirot and Judy had privately, so she may have had more input on it; I assume they discussed it at least some, I just don’t recall Judy talking as much in the group chat about it.

Jake Peralta

• Desk Duty
  • Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2020, 04:22:22 pm »
That was the perception, at least.
Oh my god this is just like Die Hard!