Author Topic: Winning challenges definitely helps! (Round 3)  (Read 486 times)

Paul Blart

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
Winning challenges definitely helps! (Round 3)
« on: July 02, 2020, 08:10:49 pm »
Yeah, getting a couple days' break from tribal council definitely feels good. And the ego/morale boost of getting an idol hasn't faded away yet, though I get the feeling that these two facts are related!

Paul Blart

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
Re: Winning challenges definitely helps! (Round 3)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 08:12:52 pm »
What's your thought process going into this challenge? Are you optimistic about your chances of doing well?
Can't really avoid the fact that this challenge feels like it's almost completely a crapshoot.  I'll probably just go with my gut for what feels right for everyone, and then we'll work from there!  It's absolutely going to turn into "I have no adjectives left that match any of the players so let's just go randomly!" at some point, so I'll need to figure out how to handle that.

Paul Blart

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 08:50:00 pm »
Just made what will probably end up being my attempt on the challenge.  I legitimately tried to match people well on the "good adjective" and "heist role" categories, but I really don't know these people well enough to get anywhere on the "bad adjective" category, so I decided to just go down the list alphabetically in hopes that someone else struggled and went about it the same way. And besides, egotistical probably fits me in some capacity.

Paul Blart

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 02:51:18 pm »
Quote from: Scruff
I think that these people are thinking of placing a hidden immunity idol somewhere though,
:eyes:

As I said in the Sergeant's Exam thread, I am absolutely not planning on professing my love for logic puzzles or any of the consequences of that, even to the person I'm closest with.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 02:57:20 pm »
I'd like to profess my love for you for passing the Sgt Exam <3 <3

Paul Blart

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 05:35:41 pm »
Welp

Leon allegedly giving up halfway through the last challenge and now scoring zero on this one definitely doesn’t give off a good impression, as much as I don’t mind the guy

But with the inevitable upcoming swap, I don’t know how much I care about challenge performance

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 05:21:22 am »
What are your thoughts going into this tribal council? What have you heard and what will you try to accomplish?

Paul Blart

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 06:04:00 am »
Basically the goal here is to try and not die, ideally without having to play my idol.  Not really sure how to go about attempting that yet because the tribe has been very inactive for the last few days, but we'll see if something comes up.  The only angle I know of at this point is trying to work the fact that Leon and Hannah don't like each other, even though I'm pretty sure that's just based on time zones.  If they actually don't like each other, I think we need to get rid of one of them because X/Hannah/Leon would just be a disaster of a tribe once we inevitably swap (perhaps next round), and would probably go badly for all three of them.  But obviously if something else comes up, I'd definitely at least consider going for it.

Paul Blart

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2020, 09:37:25 pm »
Seems like the consensus is moving towards voting out Hannah?  I'm fine with it because she isn't the easiest to talk to, but it's been pretty quiet recently just like it was last time we were here.  Nothing from Jake since 24ish hours ago, Hannah since this morning, and Lennie since early afternoon.

I'm scared about jumping into a swap tomorrow night, but that'd almost definitely be better for me than swapping at 17 or 16 during the week.  With how inactive this tribe has been, assuming I survive this TC I really want to swap just to have actually active people to talk to.

Tachikoma

• Spectator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 12:00:32 pm »
Anything new today?

Paul Blart

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 12:12:38 pm »
Not really, seems like we're still settled on voting Hannah but it's still really quiet...I don't want to assume it's just the people that are on the tribe being busy/less talkative and be wrong about that, is the scary thing...

Paul Blart

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2020, 03:11:16 pm »
Got confirmation from Leon and Lennie which should be a good sign, but still the slightest bit iffy about this.

Paul Blart

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2020, 04:27:02 pm »
At the very least, by this point I’ve accepted that if I go home, it’s not like I would have lasted that much longer if I idoled.  If I don’t make it, whatever this tribe didn’t see in me isn’t magically going to get fixed if/when we end up swapping.