Author Topic: Will I have to do this another seventeen to eighteen times? (Round 2)  (Read 387 times)

Paul Blart

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
Definitely a weird feeling getting out of that Tribal Council compared to the ones I've gone through in past games.  The very first Tribal Council of the game is always hot garbage - and I've been to at least a few of them - but this game I have a sense of "god damn am I going to have to go through this another 17-18 times?" that I can't say I've ever had before.

This was a very, very quiet Tribal for whatever reason.  I had some sort of PM from everybody when I got out of work at 6pm or so, but between then and deadline the only two people I heard from were Ace and Lennie - despite Scruffs and Jake both being online at different times.  And Lennie was getting very brief and really only throwing one-liners at me.  I really need things to pick up tonight/tomorrow if I'm gonna want to get anywhere without having to pray for a tribe swap soon.

Or maybe I'm just internalizing Heiji's comment.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 03:47:47 pm by Paul Blart »

Paul Blart

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
Re: Will I have to do this another seventeen to eighteen times?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 03:08:35 pm »
Congratulations on your promotion, Sgt. Blart. Can we get your first thoughts on this happy occasion?
Just makes me more paranoid tbh.  I've never really had anything *good* come out of having an idol due to a series of misplays, but the potential for me to do something good with this thing is absolutely there.  The right thing to do is probably to play the vast majority of the game as if I don't have it and just use it when I get into a TC and am more paranoid than usual at the end.

How did you think this challenge went for you? Do you think this performance will help your tribe win immunity?
I think it went well, but it's tough because I really wouldn't be surprised if I missed something fundamental about the game and my score was significantly lower than the rest of them will be.  I don't think I could have done much better unless that's what happened, though, so I can't really be upset.

Paul Blart

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
Well I guess I'll take the third best score of all 20 people that played this!  And of course us winning the challenge helps and avoiding this TC.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
Congratulations on immunity - you're now in the top x-teen! Your safe for another round and I figured I'd take your pulse. Did your ranking of your favorite tribemates change in the past couple of days?

Paul Blart

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
Don't really think so! Everything is moving really slowly and I feel like things haven't really evolved much if at all since them, but I also really wouldn't be surprised if it was just moving around me and I never picked up on it.

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
You have a bit of breathing room now with immunity. What's your agenda to make most of your down time during this period?

Paul Blart

• Off The Case
    • View Profile
Probably just to keep PMing people like I was during the rest of the game?

Heiji Hattori

• Spectator
    • View Profile
What's your thought process going into this challenge? Are you optimistic about your chances of doing well?